Pac 12 - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 12th, 2012, 05:49 AM   #31
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pac 12

" USC is 18-59 all-time against Stanford after falling 6-1 to the Cardinal last season in Pac-10 play at Marks Stadium. USC's last win over Stanford was a 5-2 victory in 2009 in Los Angeles. It was USC's first win over Stanford in 23 years, snapping a 50-match losing streak to the Cardinal."

LINK

my tennis blog
my personal blog my youtube acct
my flickr acct my imgur acct picasa album acct

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 12th, 2012, 12:26 PM   #32
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

For those that have seen Lynn Chi play, any idea where she would fit in Cal's singles line-up?
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2012, 03:16 PM   #33
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Probably 3-5? Dunno.

my tennis blog

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old Apr 12th, 2012, 05:47 PM   #34
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
" USC is 18-59 all-time against Stanford after falling 6-1 to the Cardinal last season in Pac-10 play at Marks Stadium. USC's last win over Stanford was a 5-2 victory in 2009 in Los Angeles. It was USC's first win over Stanford in 23 years, snapping a 50-match losing streak to the Cardinal."
Well that USC win over Stanford no longer counts because it was vacated after USC was found guilty with lack of institutional control.

USC still has a losing streak against Stanford for over 25 years and 55-matches.

gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2012, 10:16 PM   #35
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

USC describes the Ojai tournament this way. There was some discussion that the tournament format would be changed as part of the PAC-12 move.

PAC-12 PLAN
There will be a 32-player women's singles draw and a 16-team women's doubles draw at the annual Pac-12 Tennis Tournament in Ojai, Calif. The draw will be determined no later than 6 p.m. on Tuesday, April 24. Matches begin on Thursday (April 26) morning. All Pac-12 Tournament women's matches except the finals will be played at the Ojai Valley Athletic Club. The Pac-12 singles championship match is scheduled for 10:30 a.m. in Libbey Park, and the doubles final will follow. The Ojai Valley Tennis Tournament is a 112-year tradition, dating back to 1887. The four-day tennis extravaganza includes competition for juniors, non-Pac-12 collegiate players, and an open event. The Pac-12 has had a presence at the event since 1954.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2012, 03:00 AM   #36
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
Well that USC win over Stanford no longer counts because it was vacated after USC was found guilty with lack of institutional control.

USC still has a losing streak against Stanford for over 25 years and 55-matches.

Doesn't matter to me, they played and they won

That match was the high point of Alison probably, beating Jessica Nguyen at #5? to clinch the win

my tennis blog

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Apr 13th, 2012, 06:18 AM   #37
country flag davidjaime

davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice

I thought Alison beat Li
Old Apr 13th, 2012, 02:10 PM   #38
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjaime View Post
I thought Alison beat Li
Indeed it is

LINK

#10 USC 5, #11 Stanford 2
March 28, 2009 - Marks Stadium
DOUBLES
(1) #10 Fink/Niculescu (USC) def. #17 Barte/Burdette (STAN) - 8-6
(2) McVeigh/Nguyen (STAN) def. #53 Fansler/Kinstler (USC) - 8-3
(3) Andrews/Ramos (USC) def. Hansen/Li (STAN) - 8-4
USC wins doubles point.
Order of finish: 2, 1, 3
SINGLES
(1) #14 Hilary Barte (STAN) def. #25 Sarah Fansler (USC) - 6-1, 6-4
(2) #26 Amanda Fink (USC) def. Lindsay Burdette (STAN) - 6-0, 6-3
(3) #98 Jessica Nguyen (STAN) def. #58 Gabriela Niculescu (USC) - 7-5, 6-2
(4) #62 Alison Ramos (USC) def. Veronica Li (STAN) - 6-4, 6-7 (5), 6-3*
(5) Leyla Entekhabi (USC) def. Carolyn McVeign (STAN) - 6-2, 6-4
(6) Lyndsay Kinstler (USC) def. Logan Hansen (STAN) - 3-6, 6-4, 7-5
Order of finish: 2, 5, 1, 3, 4*, 6

Maria Sanchez didn't even play?

my tennis blog

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Apr 13th, 2012, 02:22 PM   #39
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

I feel like USC is trying to assume the role of the 'Farm', developing lesser ranked players

The original 'Farm' Stanford is not a Farm at all really, since they just poach top junior talents, and frankly, college sports' result = recruiting

my tennis blog

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Apr 14th, 2012, 02:28 AM   #40
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

The creativeness of Cal writer;

April 1, 2012 - No. 9 Bears Scorch Sun Devils in 7-0 Win
March 30, 2012 - No. 9 Golden Bears Tame Wildcats in 5-2 Win
March 25, 2012 - 10th-ranked Golden Bears Crush Cougars
March 23, 2012 - No. 10 Cal Claims 7-0 Win Against Sac State
March 17, 2012 - Golden Bears Beat Ducks for Fifth Straight Win
March 17, 2012 - No. 9 California Wipes Out Washington
March 12, 2012 - No. 10 Golden Bears Take Out No. 28 Utes, 6-1

March 3, 2012 - No. 7 Bears Crash No. 24 Waves for 5-2 Win

But bland titles against WSU, SAC ST, UW, AND UTAH

Wonder what'll be the title for their victory against the Bruins

my tennis blog

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Apr 14th, 2012, 03:47 AM   #41
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

No. 10 California 4, No. 1 UCLA 3
Hellman Tennis Complex | Berkeley, Calif.
Friday, April 13, 2012 - 1:30 p.m. PT
Records: California (16-4, 8-0 Pac-12), UCLA (20-1, 7-1 Pac-12)

Doubles

1. No. 43 Juricova/Susanyi (CAL) def. No. 11 Anderson/Morton (UCLA); 8-7 (3)
2. No. 17 Goransson/Schutting (CAL) def. No. 9 Dolehide/Montez (UCLA); 8-3
3. Davis/Estlander (CAL) def. Jones/Seguso (UCLA); 8-6

Order of finish: 2, 3*, 1 (California wins doubles point)

CAL SWEPT THE DBLS USC..

Singles
1. No. 9 Robin Anderson (UCLA) def. No. 8 Jana Juricova (CAL); 2-6, 6-1, 7-5
2. No. 12 Zsofi Susanyi (CAL) def. No. 93 McCall Jones (UCLA); 6-0, 7-6(9)
3. No. 101 Pamela Montez (UCLA) def. No. 81 Anett Schutting (CAL); 3-6, 6-3, 6-0
4. No. 55 Tayler Davis (CAL) def. Skylar Morton (UCLA); 4-6, 6-1, 6-4
5. No. 99 Annie Goransson (CAL) def. No. 98 Chanelle Van Nguyen (UCLA); 4-6, 7-5, 6-3
6. No. 107 Kaitlin Ray (UCLA) def. Alice Duranteau (CAL); 6-2, 1-6, 7-5
Order of finish: 2, 3, 6, 4, 1, 5*

THIS is rivalry, all 3 sets, even #2 went to tiebreaker in the 2nd

my tennis blog

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Apr 14th, 2012, 04:32 AM   #42
country flag cowsonice

cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future

Jana

Faves: Sharapova, Hantuchova, Safarova, Goerges
GO BEARS!
cowsonice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2012, 04:35 AM   #43
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

No. 44 Utah 5 :: No. 30 Arizona State 2
Whiteman Tennis Center
Tempe, Arizona
4/13/12
1:30 p.m. PDT

DOUBLES
1) Michelle Brycki/Joanna Smith (ASU) def. Anastasia Putilina/Callie Craig (Utah) 8-6
2) Leighann Sahagun/Hannah James (ASU) def. Danielle Flores/Natasha Smith (Utah) 8-3
3) Utah wins by forfeit
Order of Finish: 3*, 2, 1

SINGLES
1) Anastasia Putilina(Utah) def. Michelle Brycki (ASU)3-6, 6-0, 6-1
2) Sarah Pham (Utah) def. Hannah James (ASU) 6-4, 6-3
3) Callie Craig (Utah) def. Joanna Smith (ASU) 6-0, 6-3
4) Leighann Sahagun (ASU) def. Danielle Flores (Utah) 6-1, 6-4
5) Natasha Smith (Utah) def. Clare Frye (ASU) 6-0, 6-1
6) Utah wins by forfeit
Order of Finish: 6*, 5, 3, 4, 1, 2

my tennis blog

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Apr 14th, 2012, 03:26 PM   #44
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Quote:
No. 44 Utah 5 :: No. 30 Arizona State 2
Whiteman Tennis Center
Tempe, Arizona
4/13/12
1:30 p.m. PDT

DOUBLES
1) Michelle Brycki/Joanna Smith (ASU) def. Anastasia Putilina/Callie Craig (Utah) 8-6
2) Leighann Sahagun/Hannah James (ASU) def. Danielle Flores/Natasha Smith (Utah) 8-3
3) Utah wins by forfeit
Order of Finish: 3*, 2, 1

SINGLES
1) Anastasia Putilina(Utah) def. Michelle Brycki (ASU)3-6, 6-0, 6-1
2) Sarah Pham (Utah) def. Hannah James (ASU) 6-4, 6-3
3) Callie Craig (Utah) def. Joanna Smith (ASU) 6-0, 6-3
4) Leighann Sahagun (ASU) def. Danielle Flores (Utah) 6-1, 6-4
5) Natasha Smith (Utah) def. Clare Frye (ASU) 6-0, 6-1
6) Utah wins by forfeit
Order of Finish: 6*, 5, 3, 4, 1, 2
Wow, Utah has had some up and down scores. But are there a lot of names missing from the ASU side?
Old Apr 14th, 2012, 03:30 PM   #45
country flag 2nd_serve

Quote:
I feel like USC is trying to assume the role of the 'Farm', developing lesser ranked players

The original 'Farm' Stanford is not a Farm at all really, since they just poach top junior talents, and frankly, college sports' result = recruiting

I'm thinking that Cal is doing a good job of "uncovering hidden" top junior talent, and then getting some improvement out of them while in school. (even that I'm on the side of feeling some public colleges have too many international players. But I give Cal credit for finding real talent, and not just falling into the assumption some coaches do that all imports are better then buying American.) Gawd, thats awful writing, I need to either erase this or drink some coffee. Or both.