Pac 12 - Page 29 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 11th, 2012, 12:30 PM   #421
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pac 12

tie-breaker

Once Krista gets on the Farm? What winning tradition? Surely it's a choking one, I thought Stanford choked in the Team NCAA 2 years in a row? Should I enumerate? Mal, Stacey, Kristie(Kristie bageled KK at last year's Ojai)..even Mal and Gibbsy lost the #1 dbls against KK/Sabs, right? Not to mention Tsay..
We might witness an ugly meltdown AGAIN next May

Now, if Mal and Stacey graduates next year, UCLA can win it all, surely.
And Caroline is a blue chip, a VERY promising young player If she and Hibi both goes to Stanford, they might have a chance again to win the NCAA(Hibi is the top dog in California in her class right now, routined Makarova and Doyle)

my tennis blog
my personal blog my youtube acct
my flickr acct my imgur acct picasa album acct

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Aug 11th, 2012 at 02:55 PM.
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 11th, 2012, 02:08 PM   #422
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

why the volte-face, you might ask tie-breaker? (you mentioned French, I just gave you one, volte-face )

You should have seen yesterday's match between Krista and Chalena.

It was SO disappointing as a fan of Krista, since it was the exact repeat of Krista and Nicole last year

I'm not saying I'm ROOTING for UCLA, I just stated my opinion, that's all...

my tennis blog

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Aug 11th, 2012 at 02:33 PM.
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 02:34 PM   #423
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

STAN'S Mega stars AND chokers next season(by class)

BURDETTE TAN / GIBBS AHN / TSAY / HARDEBECK

my tennis blog

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 02:57 PM   #424
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
STAN'S Mega stars AND chokers next season(by class)

BURDETTE TAN / GIBBS AHN / TSAY / HARDEBECK

Enough already...
You're forgetting that Stanford brought home both the singles and doubles trophy, so it wasn't a complete lost and the prior year they did win the indoors...

I think last year Stanford may have underestimated the competition and were more concerned with their ranking and got blindsided by UCLA and then USC, but it was nothing like 2011 NCAA's final where Mal was up 5-0 in the 3rd set...

If this summer is any indication of what will happen in the 2012-2013, I like Stanford's chances, despite fantic's conspiracy theory

Even if Ahn isn't 100%, by picking up Kostas, Stanford has added depth, so hopefully no relying on Dillon or Herring at the bottom of the line-up, which really changes the whole complexion of the team, not just singles but doubles

Last edited by tie_breaker : Aug 11th, 2012 at 03:26 PM.
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 02:58 PM   #425
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
That means that the choke master instructor will be playing at #1....Ms. Lauren Embree. Actually, the person who they should really bring, master of mental strength is 2-time NCAA champion Amber Liu. I doubt she's all that busy, unless she's chasing Michael Chang around as he plays in Montreal in place of Andre "my back is hurting" Agassi.
Now what I can't understand is how Lauren and Mallory are all of a sudden besties?!?!?!
They're actually friends, I've read an interview by Lauren in a Junior tournament, after she beat Mal

And THAT historic match..it's not surprising, many sports rivals become friends later on Since they SHARE that memory

my tennis blog

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 03:05 PM   #426
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Enough already...
You're forgetting that Stanford brought home both the singles and doubles trophy, so it wasn't a complete lost and the prior year they did win the indoors...
I think last year Standford may have underestimated the competition and were more concerned with their ranking and got blindsided by UCLA and then USC, but it was nothing like 2011 NCAA's final where Mal was up 5-0 in the 3rd set...
If this summer is any indication of what will happen in the 2012-2013, I like Stanford's chances, despite fantic's conspiracy theory
Even if Ahn isn't 100%, by picking up Kostas, Stanford has added depth, so hopefully no relying on Dillon or Herring at the bottom of the line-up, which really changes the whole complexion of the team, not just singles but doubles
No, I'd say the loss against USC is more shocking that against UF, since Ahn actually played. AND UF is of course stronger than USC, and Embree was higher ranked than Mal then, no?

Well, whatever you say, we'll see?
I'm just bored to death watching UF and STAN dominating now , I'd want some other teams to share the glory

my tennis blog

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 03:46 PM   #427
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
why the volte-face, you might ask tie-breaker? (you mentioned French, I just gave you one, volte-face )

You should have seen yesterday's match between Krista and Chalena.

It was SO disappointing as a fan of Krista, since it was the exact repeat of Krista and Nicole last year

I'm not saying I'm ROOTING for UCLA, I just stated my opinion, that's all...
and if you are rooting for UCLA...i'm not going to comment....just one picture is all I have to say

Last edited by tie_breaker : Nov 17th, 2012 at 08:47 PM.
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 08:15 PM   #428
country flag urklerlay

urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future

Quote:
and if you are rooting for UCLA...i'm not going to comment....just one picture is all I have to say
Haha...Very Funny!!!

"The fifth set has nothing to do with tennis, it is all about heart." --Boris Becker
Tennis photos? I've got a couple...check'm out here:
http://www.maltdesign.com
http://bit.ly/NiHHUb
urklerlay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 09:43 PM   #429
country flag Kevin.
Team USA ♥

Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute

saw Gibbs play Tatishvili. If Gibbs can get any power or mph over her barely 70 mph second serve and get her emotions in check I think she could go undefeated next season. Her forehand was lethal.
Doubles: Rank-15; Career High-12. Career Record: 108-114; Best Results: Winner: 2012-Wimbledon w/Kylger, 50k Lexington w/Kylger, 2011-Luxembourg w/drake1980;Finalist: 2012-San Diego w/Kylger, Moscow w/Kylger

Follow me on twitter!: www.twitter.com/kevintdillon
Kevin. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2012, 03:03 AM   #430
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
What, she's U~~P there at the Farm, she can't hurt me

NOT impressed

my tennis blog

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Aug 12th, 2012, 04:04 AM   #431
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Maegan Manasse goes to California, congrats Tenniceace! Now when did she meet here with coach Augustus lol, I never knew it coming I'm so useless

my tennis blog

- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Aug 12th, 2012 at 05:01 AM.
Old Aug 12th, 2012, 03:25 PM   #432
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
What, she's U~~P there at the Farm, she can't hurt me

NOT impressed

Last edited by tie_breaker : Nov 17th, 2012 at 08:47 PM.
Old Aug 13th, 2012, 01:23 AM   #433
country flag cowsonice

cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future

Manasse to Cal?! Awesome.

She's really improved throughout the years.

Faves: Sharapova, Hantuchova, Safarova, Goerges
GO BEARS!
cowsonice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2012, 02:04 AM   #434
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

yes, and she's a helluva dbls player too, will definitely contribute.

my tennis blog

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Aug 13th, 2012, 02:05 AM   #435
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
I dunno THAT girl

my tennis blog

- Woodrow Wilson