Pac 12 - Page 26 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 28th, 2012, 04:38 AM   #376
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pac 12

nobody can challenge STAN, especially since Will also turned pro(with Mather also graduating).

Maybe UCLA has more depth, but the gap in firepower is evident (Krista just recently defeated Kyle in two easy sets)

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 31st, 2012, 02:22 AM   #377
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

(5)Krista Hardebeck (USA) d. (wc)Kristie Ahn (USA) 46 63 63

So Krista will play above Kristie?

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Jul 31st, 2012 at 05:03 AM.
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 03:38 PM   #378
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

New photo gallery from this year's Campbell/ITA National College Players of the Year Induction Ceremony

Proud moment for the Tree.

I'm really supporting STAN to win this time, it'll be a damn shame after sweeping those junior superstars and not winning even once

- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Aug 3rd, 2012 at 02:40 AM.
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 09:56 PM   #379
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Aside from the prospect of being one of the favorites to win NCAA next year, the Cards had a good showing in July, with Gibbs and Burdette winning 8 matches to win tournaments.
Burdette had the stronger showing against Bartoli, while Gibbs didn't back down against Serena Williams.
It makes me wonder if Gibbs, Burdette, and even Hardebeck has a decent shot at making the top 50's.
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 11:55 PM   #380
country flag SakiBomb25

SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice

Stanford has a great chance at winning the NCAA's. However, they have to be healthy. We all know what happened when they weren't...
SakiBomb25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3rd, 2012, 03:08 AM   #381
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakiBomb25 View Post
Stanford has a great chance at winning the NCAA's. However, they have to be healthy. We all know what happened when they weren't...
Since Kristie played 3 sets at a Pro Challenger, I'd assume that's she's quite healthy now.

The worst enemy of Stanford is injury..go figure

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Aug 3rd, 2012, 04:22 AM   #382
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Since Kristie played 3 sets at a Pro Challenger, I'd assume that's she's quite healthy now.

The worst enemy of Stanford is injury..go figure
Maybe they just need more depth like what UCLA has...it would be nice if they had Grace Min as their #7 player and backup starter
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3rd, 2012, 04:28 AM   #383
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
Maybe they just need more depth like what UCLA has...it would be nice if they had Grace Min as their #7 player and backup starter
that again?

Don't you worry, even if she goes to college she'll be a Blue Devil

Don't you say that you're wary of UCLA?

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Aug 3rd, 2012, 06:55 AM   #384
country flag cowsonice

cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future

Krista's loss to Keys today is getting me worried. It seems like she plateaued in her quality of play while Gibbs (who has experience to boot) is faring much better.

Unless Krista puts up a good run at the Girls' 18 Nationals later this month, I don't see the USTA supporting her much often (out of the relatively less support they've provided for her already)

Going off on a tangent here...I just find it rather stupid that the USTA is now pushing for the NCAA route and ignores those players who seem to go down that path. Grace, Keys and Krista were at the same level at one point, making the age group competitive, but Keys turned pro, Grace rumored to turn pro--so they have access to all these resources and widens the skill gap. Sigh.

Faves: Sharapova, Hantuchova, Safarova, Goerges
GO BEARS!
cowsonice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3rd, 2012, 07:50 AM   #385
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowsonice View Post
Krista's loss to Keys today is getting me worried. It seems like she plateaued in her quality of play while Gibbs (who has experience to boot) is faring much better.

Unless Krista puts up a good run at the Girls' 18 Nationals later this month, I don't see the USTA supporting her much often (out of the relatively less support they've provided for her already)

Going off on a tangent here...I just find it rather stupid that the USTA is now pushing for the NCAA route and ignores those players who seem to go down that path. Grace, Keys and Krista were at the same level at one point, making the age group competitive, but Keys turned pro, Grace rumored to turn pro--so they have access to all these resources and widens the skill gap. Sigh.
I think she tanked to prepare for the National(she plays first match on Monday) (Was this match televised? I couldn't connect on the stream on the USTA? Pro Circuit website) In February? Krista beat Madison in 2 at RSF, dunno why she didn't play PQ for IW like Madison did, she won it last year.
Gibbs also lost quite easily to Boserup, so I don't think there's a gap between Gibbs and Krista.
And didn't Min beat Krista in 3 at a Clay ITF event? I don't think that's a significant gap either.

Maybe Lauren is significantly ahead of Krista, but even she lost the 1st set to Krista at RSF ITF.

Anyway it's Krista's to lose the National since credible oppositions all elected not to play The only player who beat her even recently is Collins methink?

On the bolded part, you may have something there..still Stanford players got those wildcards at So. Cal WTA events, maybe that's just Stanford power

- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Aug 3rd, 2012 at 01:32 PM.
Old Aug 3rd, 2012, 02:39 PM   #386
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowsonice View Post

Here is the draw. Hardebeck's first singles match is Monday
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3rd, 2012, 02:53 PM   #387
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
I think she tanked to prepare for the National(she plays first match on Monday) (Was this match televised? I couldn't connect on the stream on the USTA? Pro Circuit website) In February? Krista beat Madison in 2 at RSF, dunno why she didn't play PQ for IW like Madison did, she won it last year.
Gibbs also lost quite easily to Boserup, so I don't think there's a gap between Gibbs and Krista.
And didn't Min beat Krista in 3 at a Clay ITF event? I don't think that's a significant gap either.

Maybe Lauren is significantly ahead of Krista, but even she lost the 1st set to Krista at RSF ITF.

Anyway it's Krista's to lose the National since credible oppositions all elected not to play The only player who beat her even recently is Collins methink?

On the bolded part, you may have something there..still Stanford players got those wildcards at So. Cal WTA events, maybe that's just Stanford power
evidently I was wrong

$50,000 Charlottesville, VA
Charlottesville, VA, USA22 Apr - 23 Apr 2012Qualifying Draw Singles Qualifying Draw $50,000 Tournament Entry: DA Surface: Clay (O)
32 L H2H vs CRAWFORD, Samantha (USA) 3-6 1-6

Now THAT stat is worrying, but when Sam is on she could be formidable..

- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Aug 3rd, 2012 at 03:21 PM.
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 05:37 AM   #388
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

from TW;

---------------

marco forehand
New User

Great to read a discussion of the women's game.
If I had to project the winner of the 2013 team competition today I would go with UCLA. Four great 2nd year players who powered them to a end of the year ranking of 2. Then they add a top five recruit (K McPhillips) plus they've picked up Georgia Tech's best recruit for this year (C Harrison ranked #6 in the class of 2012). She changed her commitment to UCLA when GT's coach went to Florida.
I am not a Bruin fan but that looks like true depth in a lineup.

--------------------
They do have depth in lineup, but NCAA champ?

ANDERSON MONTEZ MORTON VAN NGUYEN RAY DOLEHIDE MCPHILLIPS HARRISON

The Empire;

GIBBS BURDETTE HARDEBECK AHN TAN TSAY

Maybe Robin might upset Nicole as in dual at Taube, but where can UCLA win on other positions? Maybe they can eke out in dbls, but that's pretty much it?

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 06:14 AM   #389
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Quote:
from TW;

---------------

marco forehand
New User

Great to read a discussion of the women's game.
If I had to project the winner of the 2013 team competition today I would go with UCLA. Four great 2nd year players who powered them to a end of the year ranking of 2. Then they add a top five recruit (K McPhillips) plus they've picked up Georgia Tech's best recruit for this year (C Harrison ranked #6 in the class of 2012). She changed her commitment to UCLA when GT's coach went to Florida.
I am not a Bruin fan but that looks like true depth in a lineup.

--------------------
They do have depth in lineup, but NCAA champ?

ANDERSON MONTEZ MORTON VAN NGUYEN RAY DOLEHIDE MCPHILLIPS HARRISON

The Empire;

GIBBS BURDETTE HARDEBECK AHN TAN TSAY

Maybe Robin might upset Nicole as in dual at Taube, but where can UCLA win on other positions? Maybe they can eke out in dbls, but that's pretty much it?
considering what the order of strength lineup for UCLA is an interesting topic.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 06:34 AM   #390
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

last upset at Taube;

#1 UCLA 5, #6 Stanford 2
Apr 14, 2012 at Stanford, CA (Taube Stadium)

Doubles
1. #11 Anderson/Morton (UCLA) def. #3 Burdette/Gibbs (STAN) 8-6
2. #41 Tan/Tsay (STAN) def. #9 Courtney Dolehide/Montez (UCLA) 8-2
3. Jones/Carling Seguso (UCLA) def. Dillon/Li (STAN) 8-4
UCLA Wins Doubles Point
Singles
1. #4 Robin Anderson (UCLA) def. #3 Nicole Gibbs (STAN) 6-2, 6-2
2. #7 Mallory Burdette (STAN) def. #93 McCall Jones (UCLA) 6-1, 6-1
3. #52 Stacey Tan (STAN) def. #101 Pamela Montez (UCLA) 7-5, 7-5
4. Skylar Morton (UCLA) def. #57 Ellen Tsay (STAN) 6-4, 6-3
5. #98 Chanelle Van Nguyen (UCLA) def. Veronica Li (STAN) 6-1, 6-3
6. #107 Kaitlin Ray (UCLA) def. Natalie Dillon (STAN) 6-0, 6-4

Skylar really had a monster season

But, otherwise it does seem rather unimpressive

Now substitute Ahn and Krista for Li and Dillon.

Frankly I doubt if Kyle or Cat can win against any of those Stanford starters
But who knows, UCLA coaches might do wonders just like they did for Skylar

- Woodrow Wilson