Pac 12 - Page 24 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 28th, 2012, 10:10 PM   #346
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold
Re: Pac 12

What will be sick is if Ahn makes a comeback and Stanford has a repeat all-Stanford final with Ahn playing against Krista...

Can you imagine a team with not 3 but 5 NCAA single champs or finalists in their lineup?
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 28th, 2012, 10:16 PM   #347
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
What? Are you saying that last year's runner will play #5
Are you saying then Krista will play #5?

Although Tan beat Scandal (actually Scandal recently lost to all top 3 Cards ), she lost to Sabrina and Beazant..

We'll see how Krista does at RG? She all but won the Junior AO(demolished the then #1 before losing to Townsend in the semi, and it was a close one)..

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2012, 10:19 PM   #348
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
What will be sick is if Ahn makes a comeback and Stanford has a repeat all-Stanford final with Ahn playing against Krista...

Can you imagine a team with not 3 but 5 NCAA single champs or finalists in their lineup?
ONLY final? I thought the Empire will aim at all-STAN Semis

And that's why I was SO against Krista coming to STAN

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 28th, 2012, 11:08 PM   #349
country flag SakiBomb25

SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice

It doesn't matter - we all saw how this season turned out. We had one NCAA champion, two NCAA finalists, and the NCAA doubles champ... and we only got to the quarters. Who knows what will happen next year at this time... I'm hoping for a Stanford team championship and anything after that is just gravy...
SakiBomb25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2012, 11:13 PM   #350
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakiBomb25 View Post
It doesn't matter - we all saw how this season turned out. We had one NCAA champion, two NCAA finalists, and the NCAA doubles champ... and we only got to the quarters. Who knows what will happen next year at this time... I'm hoping for a Stanford team championship and anything after that is just gravy...
Because Ahn was injured.

Likely next season she'll be operational, and Krista replaces Veronica..I'll be shocked if STAN doesn't win it all

- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 28th, 2012, 11:15 PM   #351
country flag davidjaime

davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice

from Stanford's website:
On Stanford's historic day...
"Today's probably one of the biggest days in our program's history. It's very exciting, especially because no one's graduating."

HAHAHA what a slap in the face to Veronica Li!
Old May 28th, 2012, 11:59 PM   #352
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjaime View Post
from Stanford's website:
"Today's probably one of the biggest days in our program's history. It's very exciting, especially because no one's graduating."

Last year, when they Barte and Burdette won the doubles championship, Barte was graduating. This year both Gibbs and Burdette will return. I am sure this is what Coach Forood meant and no disrespect to Veronica.
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2012, 12:37 AM   #353
country flag davidjaime

davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice

You are probably right, whoops my bad.

ASU barely made NCAA almost costing Coach McInerney her school record of most consecutive NCAA appearances and ended up losing in the first round for the 2nd time since 1998. Team finished in 7th place in PAC12, when they are usually in the top 5. ASU lost to Arizona for the first time in 8 years and Washington St. for the first time. Cako who was a consistent player ended up losing first round of NCAA, thank God she got All American. Brycki will be missed! I still remember when she went undefeated two seasons ago and this season upset All American Scandalis. The freshmen where a big bust in my opinion, I was expecting Smith to be the new McKenna, and Sahagun to develop into a power player but neither really did much for the team this season, hopefully they'll get better!

But I'm super excited cause I found a new ASU shirt down in Mexico and bought it for 3 dollars planning on wearing it next season when Krawzyk and Vlad come in!

Oh and we also got Nikki Castel who plays ASU Club Tennis and weirdly enough said on ASU NCAA Sheet was 0-1 at 6 when she never played. paired with James to lose.
Old May 29th, 2012, 12:55 AM   #354
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
You are probably right, whoops my bad.

ASU barely made NCAA almost costing Coach McInerney her school record of most consecutive NCAA appearances and ended up losing in the first round for the 2nd time since 1998. Team finished in 7th place in PAC12, when they are usually in the top 5. ASU lost to Arizona for the first time in 8 years and Washington St. for the first time. Cako who was a consistent player ended up losing first round of NCAA, thank God she got All American. Brycki will be missed! I still remember when she went undefeated two seasons ago and this season upset All American Scandalis. The freshmen where a big bust in my opinion, I was expecting Smith to be the new McKenna, and Sahagun to develop into a power player but neither really did much for the team this season, hopefully they'll get better!

But I'm super excited cause I found a new ASU shirt down in Mexico and bought it for 3 dollars planning on wearing it next season when Krawzyk and Vlad come in!

Oh and we also got Nikki Castel who plays ASU Club Tennis and weirdly enough said on ASU NCAA Sheet was 0-1 at 6 when she never played. paired with James to lose.
Smith is crafty? not a power player like McKenna, hell McKenna WON the WAATC Sahagun showed a glimpsed of greatness? against KK, was blasting winners left and right, so still I think they have good future Sahagun also did pretty well at Ojai, no? And Desirae with Cako can aim for the dbls championship, in SW R, PAC 12, and ultimately the slams

- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : May 29th, 2012 at 01:11 AM.
Old May 29th, 2012, 01:01 AM   #355
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
from Stanford's website:

effectively quashed other team's hope for the next season

- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 29th, 2012, 01:04 AM   #356
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

oh yeah, forgot about this; next season's dbls battle will be all the more exciting since Desirae Krawczyk, 'the next KK' (she has SOFT hands, an EXCELLENT touch) is wearing an ASU uniform. She if teamed with Cako will do wonders...mark my word

- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 29th, 2012, 10:36 AM   #357
country flag davidjaime

I understand its because I rarely watch matches so I depend mostly on results to base opinion on players, seeing how Smith and Mckenna were both top 25 nationally and blue ship i was expecting similar results, but I understand that isnt always the case. I'm still crossing my fingers for Sophie Letcher given the poor results shes had recently to get her act straight and get a college degree. Krawczyk/Cako OMG fantic you are so right about that pairing!
Old May 29th, 2012, 05:29 PM   #358
country flag Kevin.
Team USA ♥

Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
effectively quashed other team's hope for the next season
I heard Li graduated in December and started her masters degree in January.
Doubles: Rank-15; Career High-12. Career Record: 108-114; Best Results: Winner: 2012-Wimbledon w/Kylger, 50k Lexington w/Kylger, 2011-Luxembourg w/drake1980;Finalist: 2012-San Diego w/Kylger, Moscow w/Kylger

Follow me on twitter!: www.twitter.com/kevintdillon
Kevin. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 01:40 PM   #359
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

ASU; JAMES, SMITH
STAN; BURDETTE, TAN
UCLA; MONTEZ, FLEMING

Wonder who'll be incoming next year?

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 05:16 PM   #360
country flag paul_masterton

paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute

To be fair ASU were crippled by injury this year and Hannah fell apart confidence wise.
paul_masterton is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote