Pac 12 - Page 103 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 8th, 2014, 02:09 AM   #1531
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold
Re: Pac 12

Yes those are big wins for Brady, but don't forget Vero Beach is on clay (not sure who that really favors but more just a FYI).
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 8th, 2014, 05:06 AM   #1532
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
Yes those are big wins for Brady, but don't forget Vero Beach is on clay (not sure who that really favors but more just a FYI).
On clay, yes...but it's also two wins against two very good players...and the scores weren't even close. Very good wins for Brady.
slickshoes510 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2014, 01:46 AM   #1533

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

I'm late, but when did Jacqueline Cako turn pro?
Old Jan 12th, 2014, 04:27 PM   #1534
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshoes510 View Post
I'm late, but when did Jacqueline Cako turn pro?
I believe over the summer, after she graduated
tucker1989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2014, 06:42 PM   #1535

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker1989 View Post
I believe over the summer, after she graduated
Thanks. For some reason, I thought she was an underclassmen.
Old May 16th, 2014, 11:17 PM   #1536
country flag SakiBomb25

SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice

In today's press release, it stated that Taylor Davidson was the Northwest's Rookie of the Year. I'm surprised it wasn't Carol Zhao or even Caroline Doyle. Anyone have any comments on this?

Congrats to Davidson though!
SakiBomb25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2014, 01:06 AM   #1537
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakiBomb25 View Post
In today's press release, it stated that Taylor Davidson was the Northwest's Rookie of the Year. I'm surprised it wasn't Carol Zhao or even Caroline Doyle. Anyone have any comments on this?

Zhao won "ITA Player to Watch"

http://www.itatennis.com/AwardsAndRa...27S+ITA+AWARDS
tucker1989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2014, 01:22 AM   #1538
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

Can someone tell how Lele wins NW Coach of the Year?
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2014, 01:37 AM   #1539
country flag SakiBomb25

SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker1989 View Post
Why couldn't she win both?
SakiBomb25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2014, 03:25 AM   #1540
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Ahn and Zhao are Stanford's two best players.

They got Ahn right, but short changed Zhao, not to take anything away from Davidson.

Although Doyle had 30+ wins, she benefited from playing at #6 and playing the less competitive tournaments.

I say Zhao wins Rookie of the Year, Doyle wins Player to Watch, and Davidson wins one of the Sportsmanship awards, Tsay wins the other Sportsmanship award, and in two years, Hardebeck wins most improved Senior player.
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2014, 06:21 AM   #1541
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Amazing how many tennis players make life altering sacrifices at such a young age.
You expect it for the top elite players, but many others, even those playing at #5 and #6 have made similar sacrifices, but you just don't hear about it everyday...

http://dailybruin.com/2014/05/16/ten...-path-to-ucla/
Old May 17th, 2014, 06:23 AM   #1542
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:

Not that it matters, but thanks to you, I think we're posting in the wrong Pac-12 thread...
Old May 29th, 2014, 12:25 AM   #1543

Player of the Year: Robin Anderson, UCLA
Freshman/Newcomer of the Year: Jennifer Brady, UCLA
Doubles Team of the Year: Robin Anderson/Jennifer Brady, UCLA
Coach of the Year: Amanda Augustus, Cal

ALL-PAC-12 TEAMS
First Team
Kristie Ahn, Sr., Stanford *
Robin Anderson, Jr., UCLA *
Jennifer Brady, Fr., UCLA *
Zoë Scandalis, Jr., USC
Anett Schutting, Sr., California
Denise Starr, Fr., California
* - unanimous selection

Second Team
Lynn Chi, So., California
Desirae Krawczyk, So., Arizona State
Lacey Smyth, Sr., Arizona
Zsofi Susanyi, Jr., California
Chanelle Van Nguyen, Jr., UCLA
Carol Zhao, Fr., Stanford

Honorable Mention: Tereza Bekerova, Jr., UTAH; Taylor Davidson, Fr., STAN; Klara Fabikova, So., CAL; Krista Hardebeck, So., STAN; Elizaveta Luzina, Jr., WSU; Kyle McPhillips, So., UCLA; Giuliana Olmos, Jr., USC; Sabrina Santamaria, Jr., USC; Stephanie Vlad, So., ASU.
Old May 29th, 2014, 12:29 AM   #1544

I understand Sabs is a great player and all but she only played in one Pac-12 match which didn't even count in the standing. What was the reason for adding her name to the team?
Old May 29th, 2014, 12:32 AM   #1545

Also, Hardebeck over Doyle? Really???