(red hot) Ana on red clay 2012 season - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 4th, 2012, 09:21 PM   #16
country flag Ivanovic2008

Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: (red hot) Ana on red clay 2012 season

I know we still have a ways to go
Advertisement

Old Apr 6th, 2012, 02:51 PM   #17
country flag Iva87

Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of

FB

Quote:
I'm back on the clay courts and it kind of feels like home. I'm lucky that I enjoy playing on all surfaces, but I've had my best success on clay and I can't wait for the European clay court season to begin!
Iva87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2012, 08:24 AM   #18
country flag JAS_

JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iva87 View Post
FB
Finally the right attitude. You go girl! Yep, that's your turf.
JAS_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2012, 10:37 AM   #19
InsideOut.

InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't know this thread was open Ajde!
Old Apr 9th, 2012, 01:26 AM   #20
country flag The 2nd Law

The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute

When is FC?
Old Apr 9th, 2012, 09:01 AM   #21
country flag gloria7

gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all

Sports Palace Megasport in Moscow, on April 21-22.
gloria7 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2012, 08:11 PM   #22
country flag spiritedenergy

spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute

clay
overall her best season on clay was 2007, followed by 2008. 2009 she reached rome SF i think? 2010 what did she do? last year, it was probably her worse.

I hope she can be consistent and reach some QFs or better.
Old Apr 9th, 2012, 08:23 PM   #23
country flag doooma6816

doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of

2007: amelia island sf, charleston r16, berlin w, RG F
2008: berlin sf, rome r32, rg w
2009: rome r16, rg r16
2010: stuttgart r32, rome sf, madrid r32, rg r64
2011: madrid r64, rome r32, rg r128

2007 and 2008 were great years for Ana, after that it was average and last year she reached a new low.
She should earn a lot of points this year if she plays well.
Ajde!
Venus Ana Petra Pavly Franny
doooma6816 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2012, 10:24 PM   #24
country flag The Daviator

The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute

Last year was such a disaster, three of her most headcase-y losses ever

The only way is up this season, Ajde Ana
Old Apr 9th, 2012, 11:17 PM   #25
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

Big influence on Ana's 2011 red clay disaster have FED CUP injury vs Slovakia which ruined hers preparations and confidence. Hers only 2012 Red Clay good moment is FC victory vs Hantuchova, but when she been injured next day vs Cibulkova she simple mentaly colapse and not recovered in next about 100 days till August (new coach Nigel Sears was very helpful for comeback).

I already give some picks about my expectations, so I will repeat my predictions about Ana's red clay 2012 performances if she stay healthy next 2 months:

Moscow FED CUP: Both wins in singles, despite first matches on new surface after 9 months of playing hardcourts is always tricky.
Stuttgart: w/o or early round tank job - not real tank, but there is too many decent players around able to beat "Ana-60%".
Madrid: At least SF or lose vs eventual finalist in some of earlier rounds.
Rome: w/o or early round tank job - not real tank, but there is too many decent players around able to beat "Ana-60%".
Paeis: At least SF or lose vs eventual finalist in some of earlier rounds.

My point is simple: Ana level of game around TOP10 on hardcourts is equal TOP5 level on red clay, surface which much more suits to her game. Also, unfortunately, we have many proofs of Ana inability to play constantly on high level in tournaments with day-by-day schedule, especially when she playing without week pause - and obviously she also knows that and simple not trying enough except in cases when 1st or 2nd round opponent is some player which can very motivate her (in 3rd match in the row she is useless anyway). So my expectations about Rome or Porsche Open is really very low, and instead TOP5 level I'm not sure will she shows even TOP50 level there. But on other hand I have big expectations from Ana in FED CUP and Madrid, despite stats and numbers are against me. Madrid is by far worst big WTA event if we look Ana careers results: she still don't have any single win so far there (2009-w/o, 2010 and 2011 lose opening match), and Ana not won any set in Belgrade vs Russians in 2010 and also on home court Russians is almost unbeaten in FED CUP (theirs lose in FC final last season vs CZE ended 11 FC ties winning strike for Russia on home court, and also RUS never in history lose tie in Russia on clay surface).

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2012, 01:13 AM   #26
country flag Ivanovic2008

Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute

SF in Paris? As if...
Old Apr 13th, 2012, 01:40 AM   #27
country flag Милан_СРБ

Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light

Ana today announced the remainder of her 2012 schedule:

* Fed Cup Semi-finals: Russia-Serbia, Moscow, Russia, April 21-22
* Porsche Tennis Grand Prix, Stuttgart, Germany, April 23-29
* Mutua Madrid Open, Spain, May 5-13
* Internazionali BNL d'Italia, Rome, Italy, May 14-20
* Roland Garros, Paris, France, May 26-June 9
* AEGON International, Eastbourne, United Kingdom, June 18-23
* The Championships, Wimbledon, United Kingdom, June 25-July 7
* Olympic Tennis Event, London, United Kingdom, July 28-August 5
* Rogers Cup, Montreal, Canada, August 7-13
* Western & Southern Open, Cincinnati, USA, August 13-19
* US Open, New York, USA, August 27-September 9
* Toray Pan Pacific Open, Tokyo, Japan, August 23-29
* China Open, Beijing, China, September 29-October 7

Provided Ana is free of injury, the above list can be considered as her minimum schedule of events: she may decide to enter a European event after the China Open, while she may qualify for the Fed Cup final, the WTA Championships (Istanbul) or the Tournament of Champions (Sofia).

Source: Official website of Ana Ivanovic
or why we insist on reminding that Ana Ivanovic a "former French Open champion",
even though almost any serious tennis fan would know that!
Милан_СРБ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2012, 01:56 PM   #28
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future

This is a typical and good schedule for her, I don't think she has to change a thing. She should only enter a late European indoor swing tourney if she fails to qualify for the Final Championships. Overall, this is a right schedule.
Linguae^ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2012, 01:43 AM   #29
country flag Милан_СРБ

Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linguae^ View Post
This is a typical and good schedule for her, I don't think she has to change a thing. She should only enter a late European indoor swing tourney if she fails to qualify for the Final Championships. Overall, this is a right schedule.
This!
But I hope she will qualify somehow!
or why we insist on reminding that Ana Ivanovic a "former French Open champion",
even though almost any serious tennis fan would know that!
Милан_СРБ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15th, 2012, 01:10 AM   #30
country flag fANAtic

fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold

Clay season! Time for Ana to start wearing ankle bandages again. It's safer, she plays better with them on, and last but not least, it looks hot!
fANAtic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote