Our very last trip and Bad Gastein -- - Page 53 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 18th, 2012, 04:01 PM   #781
country flag jetglo

jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Our very last trip and Bad Gastein --

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoo View Post
I thought it would be easy and I was so wrong. Polona really made it hard for her. Too bad, but it's ok. If it were that easy, everybody would be no. 1, right?
remember, "she's a fighter!"
jetglo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 18th, 2012, 04:02 PM   #782
country flag tennisfan500

tennisfan500 is a name known to all tennisfan500 is a name known to all tennisfan500 is a name known to all tennisfan500 is a name known to all tennisfan500 is a name known to all tennisfan500 is a name known to all tennisfan500 is a name known to all tennisfan500 is a name known to all tennisfan500 is a name known to all tennisfan500 is a name known to all tennisfan500 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael! View Post
Its normal for Julia not to fight anymore at some point!
She loses a tight set, is not satisfied with her game and then is in her famous "ach, f*** dich doch" mood!
And we often saw that in the past anyway, especally at those MM events, where she just can´t motivate herself to fight when her game doesn´t work.
In general she just makes too many UEs, easy errors, should play smarter and more consisent, which she obviously isnt able to + have to agree with SuckMila here again, clay is her worst surface this year.
She tries to finish the points even faster these days it seems, on faster surfaces this is more possible, especially as her service helps her more, on clay it won´t work like that obviously.

Now again to grass, didn´t play too bad there at Wimbledon, could get a win there with a good draw but as a unseeded player she will need some luck!
The thing about it is that she can indeed fight. She did it against BZS in the 2nd set tie-break last week, and she did it against Ivanovic at Wimbledon though she lost that match too. it's hard to comprehend what is going on, but she really is hard to watch these days.

As Vikapower says, it's time to just expect the unexpected. One week she'll lose to a top 80 player at a MM, the next she'll beat two in form players at a big tournament.

The positive thing to remember is that she has only one win in Toronto to defend from last season until the US Open so she will likely be a top 24 seed.
tennisfan500 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2012, 04:05 PM   #783
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Where will she go from here. I suppose straight down the rankings.
TBH the state of the WTA is such in a mess after the top 5-6 players in the world that there's very little chance Julia will drop the rankings.

She could even possibly make the top 10 if she showed some kind of consistency.

Julia could stop playing for whole of next month that she would still be climbing up to the top 20 (eventually exaggerated but just to show) so much the players between the 10-30 ranks are either slumping, in bad form etc. Julia isn't the only player in that situation, pretty much all her surrounding colleagues in rank are not really really in their best shoes.
Vikapower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2012, 04:09 PM   #784
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

meh, I hope that Julia shows better results on grass and hard again now and she has to learn how to fight again, not just at slams, she has to fight always, also on bad days, that is the key!

Julia won´t fall down in rankings much , that is clear, biggest fall awaits her in early 2013, if she continues like that, until then she has the chance to make it better.
Michael! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2012, 04:10 PM   #785
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikapower View Post
Well ok -- I didn't see it but from the last games Julia had totally lost her interest apparently.

I'm not too much fund of this attitude too simply because she makes it seems like she is/was to strong for this category of event and/or opponents, problem is that she keeps losing all the time and hasn't even made a SF/F in any of these the past few weeks --
I can`t even remember her reaching the 3 rd round of a MM tournament.
The tanking theory looks like complete nonsense to me in her situation.
What should it be good for ? To spare some energy for practicing or the Olympics that start in 2 weeks ?
There is absolutely no sense in losing against midclass or even worse opponents every second week and earning less money and points for the rankings.
Then she better withdraw from these tournaments.
She is simply not able to play better right now.

Mona Barthel Petra Cetkovska Julia Görges

Last edited by joy division : Jul 19th, 2012 at 06:06 AM.
joy division is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2012, 04:13 PM   #786
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

She has played 14 MM tournaments since the beginning of 2011 and reached only 5 QFs.
On the other side she reached at least the 3rd round of the last 7 GS tournaments, only with one bad loss against Rus.

I also think that clay is not her best surface especially slow clay courts. She won Stuttgart, but this was a indoor clay tournament.
mk27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2012, 04:14 PM   #787
country flag Johnbert

Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of

another embarassing loss. as i left my home julia was 2-0 up in the 2nd set. lost 6 games in a row against hercog?!

also you can't lose your serve at 5-5 right after you caught up a break. i know she still reached the breaker, but if you lose there it's worthless.

attitude gurl! attitude!!!
Johnbert is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2012, 04:15 PM   #788
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy division View Post
Barcelona 2012, lost against Errani
Old Jul 18th, 2012, 04:36 PM   #789
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk27 View Post
Hooray

Clay season is finally over. At best it was very average for her looking at the results.
Julia always said her main goal is to get more consistent and patient on court and then she will see where she will be placed in the rankings. On this surface these attitudes are even more important than on others.
Taking her word by word she can`t be satisfied with her game right now and she should not cheat herself by the look at the rankings. I guess she does not anyway.

The Olympics could be a very nice experience.
And then hopefully things will get better in hard court season.

Mona Barthel Petra Cetkovska Julia Görges
joy division is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2012, 04:53 PM   #790
country flag tennisfan500

tennisfan500 is a name known to all tennisfan500 is a name known to all tennisfan500 is a name known to all tennisfan500 is a name known to all tennisfan500 is a name known to all tennisfan500 is a name known to all tennisfan500 is a name known to all tennisfan500 is a name known to all tennisfan500 is a name known to all tennisfan500 is a name known to all tennisfan500 is a name known to all

Quote:
well, actually last week in Palermo if that counts
tennisfan500 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2012, 04:59 PM   #791
country flag Holdsworth

Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold

A question to German people
Julia is playing in London.. Florian Mayer is not... Why ??
Holdsworth is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2012, 05:10 PM   #792
country flag mk27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdsworth View Post
A question to German people
Julia is playing in London.. Florian Mayer is not... Why ??
He doesn't want to play the Olympic Games.
Old Jul 19th, 2012, 02:44 PM   #793
country flag silesia

silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold

"Julie Goerges and Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova withdraws from doubles due to Goerges foot injury"

Good decision I think. It's Olympic time now

http://women.swedishopen.org/News/Ty...%20skadad.aspx

Raus mit clay! (and this thread)
silesia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2012, 05:35 PM   #794
country flag Johnbert

Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by silesia View Post
"Julie Goerges and Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova withdraws from doubles due to Goerges foot injury"
Johnbert is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2012, 12:55 AM   #795
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
She has played 14 MM tournaments since the beginning of 2011 and reached only 5 QFs.
On the other side she reached at least the 3rd round of the last 7 GS tournaments, only with one bad loss against Rus.

I also think that clay is not her best surface especially slow clay courts. She won Stuttgart, but this was a indoor clay tournament.
Yeah, good observation. Julia's last SF in an International event was probably around 2010 or something.

The only international events where Julia does well are pretty simple, Linz and Luxembourg. Stuttgart is a Premier for the same reasons as these other 2 it's indoor hence she never really deceives.

Haven't really updated her stats thread, planning to do that this week-end. The calendar is a mess though will try to figure that out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy division View Post
The tanking theory looks like complete nonsense to me in her situation.
What should it be good for ? To spare some energy for practicing or the Olympics that start in 2 weeks ?
There is absolutely no sense in losing against midclass or even worse opponents every second week and earning less money and points for the rankings.
Then she better withdraw from these tournaments.
She is simply not able to play better right now.
Yeah I agree but expect Julia to do well in the Olympics, after all, she's never really deceived in majors in terms of accomplishing her reaching-to-the-3rd.-round duty.
Vikapower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote