It's that time of the year again! That's right...it's Clay Time! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 27th, 2012, 07:12 AM   #1
country flag The Kaz
Your fav could never....

The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute
It's that time of the year again! That's right...it's Clay Time!

Good Luck for this year Sam for the clay season... bring us a title or two (preferably RG no pressure )

Sam's Schedule

Charleston (Premier) - Result: Semi Final (lt. Serena Williams)
Stuttgart (Premier)
Madrid (Premier Mandatory)
Rome (Premier 5)
Roland Garros (Grand Slam)

Samantha Stosur: US Open Champion 2011

Kerber // Barthel // Jankovic // Dellacqua // Pironkova // Arn // Cohen
Dulgheru // Scheepers // Kanepi // Cetkovska // Lisicki // Niculescu // Errani

Last edited by The Kaz : Apr 8th, 2012 at 01:54 AM.
The Kaz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 27th, 2012, 07:13 AM   #2
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold
Re: It's that time of the year again! That's right...it's Clay Time!

Lets go Sam!
Sharapova ~ Li ~ Kerber ~ Kvitova ~ Kirilenko ~ Ivanovic ~ Stephens ~ Makarova ~ Safarova ~ Cirstea ~ Goerges ~ Cornet ~ Lisicki ~ Robson ~ Watson ~ Kanepi ~ Keys ~ Tsurenko ~ Wozniak ~ Puig ~ Oudin ~ Petkovic ~ Sevastova ~ Rezai

AND OF COURSE ALL THE AUSSIES!!!
Chris93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2012, 10:29 AM   #3
country flag Grigorpova

Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of

My predictions are a final at Charleston, a win at Struttgart, a fourth round at Madrid, a semi-final at Rome and finally a win at Roland Gallos.
Grigorpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2012, 11:34 AM   #4
country flag Siderophyre

Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torment View Post
My predictions are a final at Charleston, a win at Struttgart, a fourth round at Madrid, a semi-final at Rome and finally a win at Roland Gallos.
Fantastic if you turn out to be right (), but that would almost double the number of singles titles she's won in her whole career! I prefer to be cautiously optimistic to avoid searing disappointment. A repeat win in Charleston might be feasible.

It's later than you think...
Siderophyre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29th, 2012, 02:24 AM   #5
country flag SilverPersian

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siderophyre View Post
Fantastic if you turn out to be right (), but that would almost double the number of singles titles she's won in her whole career! I prefer to be cautiously optimistic to avoid searing disappointment. A win in Paris might be feasible.
Fixed
Stanislas Wawrinka|Ryan Harrison|Andy Murray

SilverPersian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29th, 2012, 05:20 AM   #6
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

I think Sam will beat Serena on clay, and I can't see anyone else in Charleston who she can't beat, so she should be favorite there. In Stuttgart Sam would probably still be seeded outside the top 4 and would need to get through a slam-like field before she's fully found her clay legs, so I don't expect too much there. Madrid is hardly even clay at all, so I think she will go there with a view to just keeping her arm in, but I expect her to have a good run again in Rome. If all goes to plan (that's always the case with Sam, right?) she should go into RG in peak form and blow the opposition away.
stromatolite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29th, 2012, 06:17 AM   #7
country flag maturedgirl

maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
I think Sam will beat Serena on clay, and I can't see anyone else in Charleston who she can't beat,... she should go into RG in peak form and blow the opposition away.
I love fans beeing insomuch convinced and sure about success-Yeah!

sorry for sneaking in but I really like it and her

So GL for Sam
maturedgirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29th, 2012, 06:40 AM   #8

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerangkid View Post
I love fans beeing insomuch convinced and sure about success-Yeah!

sorry for sneaking in but I really like it and her

So GL for Sam
I think you missed the wink in my last sentence
Old Mar 29th, 2012, 08:44 AM   #9
country flag Siderophyre

Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPersian View Post
Fixed
Well given that Paris is the site of the MOST searing of disappointments, I'll just stick to keeping my expectations low!

It's later than you think...
Siderophyre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29th, 2012, 12:23 PM   #10
country flag Huntress55

Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future

I dont want to expect too much but I cant help feeling confident for this clay season. Maybe because I think she surely cant do what she did last season But apart from Australia she hasnt been in too bad form, in her past two losses she showed good signs, especially against Serena. IF she can kick her serve back into action then she can do some real damage in the clay season.

Cant wait
Old Mar 29th, 2012, 12:46 PM   #11

^I'm also quietly optimistic about Sam's clay prospects. I don't think she's been playing particularly well, but she's shown a lot of grit the last couple of months, and I think that's a good omen for clay-court success. Unlike faster surfaces, there are few if any players who can just blow Sam away on clay, so if she keeps fighting I think she should win a lot of matches. And if she can chalk up a good number of wins by fighting hard she should be able to play herself into decent form by the time RG comes around.
Old Mar 29th, 2012, 09:04 PM   #12
country flag plokploky

plokploky is a splendid one to behold plokploky is a splendid one to behold plokploky is a splendid one to behold plokploky is a splendid one to behold plokploky is a splendid one to behold plokploky is a splendid one to behold plokploky is a splendid one to behold plokploky is a splendid one to behold plokploky is a splendid one to behold plokploky is a splendid one to behold plokploky is a splendid one to behold

Sorry guys, but I'm rooting for petra to win stut. and madrid. BUT I'm hoping for sam to win charleston, rome and final in RG against petra(want sam to win, but just thinking about this match in my head gets me excited)

Make us proud sam.
All the British girls
plokploky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2012, 09:07 AM   #13
country flag tennisforadults

tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute

I am hoping for a win in either Charleston, Stuttgart or Rome and definitely RG.

Come on, time to give the other girls some "sleepless nights" (quoting a badass Aussie swimmer).
Old Mar 30th, 2012, 02:45 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisforadults View Post
I am hoping for a win in either Charleston, Stuttgart or Rome and definitely RG.

Come on, time to give the other girls some "sleepless nights" (quoting a badass Aussie swimmer).
Sam is very good at giving people sleepless nights. Unfortunately that mainly applies to her fans
Old Mar 30th, 2012, 03:33 PM   #15
country flag Huntress55

Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
Sam is very good at giving people sleepless nights. Unfortunately that mainly applies to her fans
So true.

She does cause a few sleepless nights for some players, unfortunately other players cause sleepless nights for her.