Miami. 2012 - Page 74 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 03:13 PM   #1096
country flag KK2009

KK2009 is a glorious beacon of light KK2009 is a glorious beacon of light KK2009 is a glorious beacon of light KK2009 is a glorious beacon of light KK2009 is a glorious beacon of light KK2009 is a glorious beacon of light KK2009 is a glorious beacon of light KK2009 is a glorious beacon of light KK2009 is a glorious beacon of light KK2009 is a glorious beacon of light KK2009 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Miami. 2012

It's been two days but I still can't figure out how she managed to lose to ARan. (It was such a shame to put a pusher's name on the trophy!)
Maria really needs to do more than just "hang in there" the way she did in the previous rounds. Looks like she was hoping things were gonna change around all of sudden. In finals, she gotta step up to change things around. Not mentally positive as it seemed.
Advertisement

Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 03:52 PM   #1097
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

It's been disappointing that Maria lost three big finals in 2012. However, other than 2008, this has been Maria's best start of the year and 2012 can still be Maria's best year on tour.

Go Maria, have a great clay court season starting with Stuttgart in three weeks!
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 06:00 PM   #1098
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still paralysed with shock/shame.

I mean, Radwanska. RADWANSKA.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 06:35 PM   #1099
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
I'm still paralysed with shock/shame.

I mean, Radwanska. RADWANSKA.
I'm glad you're alive now come here for a group hug
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 07:47 PM   #1100
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

This is what i managed to do. It was HARD but in the end we just have to....

Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Elena Baltacha R.I.P Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 09:52 PM   #1101
country flag slamchamp

slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute

This was the best matchup she could have to finally get a BIG title! WTH was she thinking?? Maybe she needs to win a MM to get some confidence in finals..I'm so pissed

URUGUAY
slamchamp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 10:35 PM   #1102
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Stuttgart isn't a bad place to start the title runs!
Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 11:02 PM   #1103
country flag MaitaBaby
fallshortpova

MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
Stuttgart isn't a bad place to start the title runs!
Noooo. That's Julia's tournament.

Hey, guys? Would you mind sharing some of your thoughts on the comment thread here: http://bit.ly/H9DZru Need help getting tennis fans to comment on that site. Thanks! (Let me know if I'm breaking any TF/SS rules here and I'll remove the link.)
Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 11:35 PM   #1104
country flag Charlatan
Diabolical

Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute

it's always easier to leave a comment on sites when u don't have to register/log in many people won't bother commenting if they have to do that, though

Charlatan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 11:42 PM   #1105
country flag 18majors

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickfalsetto View Post
it's always easier to leave a comment on sites when u don't have to register/log in many people won't bother commenting if they have to do that, though
Absolutely.
Old Apr 3rd, 2012, 12:07 AM   #1106
country flag MaitaBaby
fallshortpova

MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of

Thanks for the feedback! I'll work on that.
Old Apr 3rd, 2012, 12:35 AM   #1107
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Someone's probably already said words to this effect at some point (I really have been too disgusted with Maria / the rest of the WTA for letting Agatha win such a big title to spend time on TF the last couple of days ), but it really is strange how Maria's situation right now seems to be the exact reverse of how it was just a few months ago... at the end of last year, I felt like her game was still way off where it needed to be for her to win a Slam, but that mentally she was as tough as ever and relished any opportunities on the big stage and that her nerve would NEVER fail her in a big match even if her game did (indeed, it was her nerve that actually pulled her through numerous big matches last year even when her game was utter shite, like the Wimbledon semifinal or the Cincinnati final) .... whereas now, we've seen in various matches this year that her game is fundamentally in great shape (serve working better than I thought it would EVER get again, her ground game in certain matches looking like vintage Maria), but now her nerve is failing her when she gets to a big match. I don't know which situation is better

I mean, the match against Radwanska, it's one of the only times I've ever seen Maria play the big points significantly worse than she plays in the match as a whole... I mean, if you take the match as a whole, she played OK-ish (though not spectacularly), but she saved her worst play of the match for when she had a chance to get a break or when she was serving to stay in both sets....so that's a pretty clear sign that it was the mental side that let her down. Maybe it's just that she actually wants it too much? Maybe having Sasha come to tournaments with her (will he be joining her for the European tournaments like last year? is it his off-season?) could help her relax on court and not get so uptight in big matches? I don't know.

This might be just me deluding myself, but I still can't help but instinctively have a really good feeling about the claycourt season but objectively I can't think why. Hopefully my instinct is right
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2012, 01:16 AM   #1108
country flag killerqueen

killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute

I've refrained from posting about Maria from a few days, just because I've been full of seething bitterness and disappointment, but I think I'm finally over that! Truth be told, I'm still gutted about the result, but there's nothing that can be done about that now!

It is hard to keep up eternal optimism when Maria is losing to Radwanska of all people, (and not even a Radwanska playing her smart game which I actually like!) but I guess it's still another final, which still leaves her in the Top 3 for this year so far. I kind of agree that I want Maria to whore a MM or two, just to get the winning feeling back, but saying that, Paris essentially became a glorified MM and look what happened there!

To be honest, there isn't that much else that can be changed. Maria's game is pretty solid, and even though there's still lots of room for improvement, if she can get over that mental barrier, I think she's at a level where she can be fruitful in big events! Hopefully she'll get over stage fright in time for RG, because I want that freaking title!

Thinking about it, I actually don't think it would particularly hurt if Papa Yuri came along for the clay court season, or at least came to a few of the big events. I really think he could psyche Maria up into a level where she can win again, because she's really not as far away as people seem to think!

Elena Baltacha. Never forgotten.
killerqueen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2012, 01:27 AM   #1109
country flag ziros

ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Maybe having Sasha come to tournaments with her (will he be joining her for the European tournaments like last year? is it his off-season?) could help her relax on court and not get so uptight in big matches? I don't know.
ziros is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2012, 01:39 AM   #1110
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

The problem with Maria that she can't seem to change is how well her opponents play agianst her in finals. Kvitova, Azarenka and now Radwanska have all played great against Masha in finals in the past year. What player is next to play great against Maria in a big final? I'm scared to even think about it.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote