Miami. 2012 - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 20th, 2012, 12:54 PM   #76
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future
Re: Miami. 2012

Why why, Vika is the top seed and world number 1, she's supposed to have an 'easier' draw, no?

But yea, Masha, go and play your best. I'm so in need of a Miami trophy. IW? Been there, done that. (And your trophy is much better than the crystal mess Vika got )
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 20th, 2012, 01:00 PM   #77
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by domon17th View Post
Why why, Vika is the top seed and world number 1, she's supposed to have an 'easier' draw, no?

But yea, Masha, go and play your best. I'm so in need of a Miami trophy. IW? Been there, done that. (And your trophy is much better than the crystal mess Vika got )
Haha, this Ah, that beautiful whale
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2012, 01:20 PM   #78
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

Actually I'm optimistic about this tournament and the rest of 2012. Cutting back the DFs would only help Masha in improving her serve, and trying to blend the perfect pace and placement she once got. Baby steps, with a solid serve she'd start with an advantage straight away. On second thoughts I'd much prefer what we have now than crying over 10+ DFs during her post-surgery matches circa 09-11
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2012, 04:41 PM   #79
country flag abi

abi is a glorious beacon of light abi is a glorious beacon of light abi is a glorious beacon of light abi is a glorious beacon of light abi is a glorious beacon of light abi is a glorious beacon of light abi is a glorious beacon of light abi is a glorious beacon of light abi is a glorious beacon of light abi is a glorious beacon of light abi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by domon17th View Post
Actually I'm optimistic about this tournament and the rest of 2012. Cutting back the DFs would only help Masha in improving her serve, and trying to blend the perfect pace and placement she once got. Baby steps, with a solid serve she'd start with an advantage straight away. On second thoughts I'd much prefer what we have now than crying over 10+ DFs during her post-surgery matches circa 09-11
I agree. Didn't Maria say the high number of DFs was because she couldn't quite "feel" the balls? Now she's cutting down the DFs and that means she is starting to be able to control the balls again. I believe the serve will ultimately help get her confidence back.

And as Maria said, she and Vika will probably meet many more times again in finals, and that definitely is a huge motivator for Maria to improve her game to beat her.
abi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2012, 07:08 PM   #80
country flag heelsrule1988

heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by perseus2006 View Post
Pova's 3rd match will be on Saturday and televised by TTC.
You mean her second match. And I don't know what TTC is, but there won't be any TV here in the U.S. for her first match. That's the way it was last year, too.
heelsrule1988 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2012, 09:14 PM   #81
country flag perseus2006
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelsrule1988 View Post
You mean her second match. And I don't know what TTC is, but there won't be any TV here in the U.S. for her first match. That's the way it was last year, too.

3rd = third round. It's a typical abbreviation in tennis.

TTC is an abbreviation for The Tennis Channel, a cable station dedicated to tennis.

The only conclusion possible for the lack of coverage for Pova's second round match again this year is ongoing ethnic prejudice against Russian players.
perseus2006 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2012, 10:13 PM   #82
country flag atominside

atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by perseus2006 View Post
3rd = third round. It's a typical abbreviation in tennis.

TTC is an abbreviation for The Tennis Channel, a cable station dedicated to tennis.

The only conclusion possible for the lack of coverage for Pova's second round match again this year is ongoing ethnic prejudice against Russian players.
^ So stupid. how paul_pipkin of you
atominside is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2012, 10:59 PM   #83
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by atominside View Post
rotfl but true
We won't have a tv coverage for many other important (non russian) players
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2012, 11:05 PM   #84
country flag MS17

MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light

Brad Gilbert‏@bgtennisnation
Heard from a very reliable source: Courts are playing much quicker this yr-not much grit-very unusual for MIAMI, big hitters will like that.

what do you think guys ?
Old Mar 20th, 2012, 11:08 PM   #85
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

I think the courts should be sped back up all around the board, its making the matches far too long. i.e. Nadal and Nole's pretty average but unnecessarily long-winded final.

Also, even in the state the WTA was in Woz and Aga would never have achieved their highest rankings IMO, they would have been blasted off court by a Goerges type in R4.
Old Mar 20th, 2012, 11:27 PM   #86
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masha Fierce View Post
Brad Gilbert‏@bgtennisnation
Heard from a very reliable source: Courts are playing much quicker this yr-not much grit-very unusual for MIAMI, big hitters will like that.

what do you think guys ?
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2012, 11:58 PM   #87
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

I'll believe it when I see it.

Les reines de Paris.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2012, 12:15 AM   #88
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by atominside View Post
haha that was my first thought too.
Old Mar 21st, 2012, 12:54 AM   #89
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

courts better be fucking faster than the ones at indian *my nan could run up to those balls* wells!! Brad better not be talking devlin!
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Marion Bartoli Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2012, 02:25 AM   #90
country flag goldlion

goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold

I like Stanford court but Vika made Maria look stupid on that court in 2010.

But that said, faster court is better for Maria. I just wish she could get some great wins, not those top 30s, 40s and 50s players. Please, beat at least one Top 10 player in this tournament.
goldlion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote