Miami. 2012 - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 20th, 2012, 02:24 AM   #61
country flag heelsrule1988

heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all
Re: Miami. 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshazza View Post
Masha is probably the last teen that will ever take the WTA by storm
I would say Christina McHale... but she's almost 20 and is just now starting to make noise.
heelsrule1988 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 20th, 2012, 02:26 AM   #62
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelsrule1988 View Post
I would say Christina McHale... but she's almost 20 and is just now starting to make noise.
That, plus the fact she's never taking ANYTHING by storm
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2012, 03:12 AM   #63
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

c Starting dates for
Miami seeds: WTA bottom half on
Thursday, ATP bottom half/WTA top
half on Friday, ATP top half on
Saturday.
so maria will play on thursday,
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#42
PAW Rank:#107
FITD Rank:#188.
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2012, 04:58 AM   #64
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh, there won't be any livestreams until her 4th round match then.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2012, 05:24 AM   #65
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Ugh, there won't be any livestreams until her 4th round match then.
omg, IW and MIAMI
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#42
PAW Rank:#107
FITD Rank:#188.
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2012, 05:25 AM   #66
country flag perseus2006
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute

Pova's 3rd match will be on Saturday and televised by TTC.

Step it up, Pova! Maximum ferocity!
perseus2006 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2012, 07:09 AM   #67
country flag Steven.

Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute

I'm strangely optimistic about this tournament. I have a good feeling she'll beat Li Na if they do meet, I think Serena won't go deep, and I have a really good feeling that Maria will be in the final and Azarenka will not. I hope I'm right.

and yep, Maria is definitely the last teenager to take the tour by storm. I'm a huge fan of teenage sensations, and I pay quite a bit of attention to the teenagers on the tour. I don't think we'll ever see a teenager take the tour by storm like Maria, Clijsters, WS, Hingis, Seles, Capriati again, unless the age restrictions are removed.

I guess you could argue Kvitova made quite some noise as a teenager when she defeated Venus and Safina both in the same year I think, but she was by no means a teen sensation.

Last edited by Steven. : Mar 20th, 2012 at 07:14 AM.
Steven. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2012, 07:26 AM   #68
Cherry.

Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven. View Post
I'm strangely optimistic about this tournament. I have a good feeling she'll beat Li Na if they do meet, I think Serena won't go deep, and I have a really good feeling that Maria will be in the final and Azarenka will not. I hope I'm right.
If this did happen then she'd better beat whoever's her opponent convincingly. I mean now I've got used to her losing finals to Vika () but if she got there and ended up losing to someone else I swear...
London Olympics 2012 - Proud Flag Bearer of Russian Federation & Silver Medalist

Martina Hingis|Roger Federer|Stanislas Wawrinka|Grigor Dimitrov
Cherry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2012, 07:40 AM   #69
country flag Steven.

Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry. View Post
If this did happen then she'd better beat whoever's her opponent convincingly. I mean now I've got used to her losing finals to Vika () but if she got there and ended up losing to someone else I swear...
Maria is 5-8 in finals since 2009. I'm never confident for her in finals anymore. she's really become a russian bridesmaid like those before her; for comparison, before 2009, she was 19-7.
Old Mar 20th, 2012, 08:02 AM   #70
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

and 4/8 of the finals have been losses to victoria.
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Marion Bartoli Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2012, 08:46 AM   #71
Cherry.

Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven. View Post
Maria is 5-8 in finals since 2009. I'm never confident for her in finals anymore. she's really become a russian bridesmaid like those before her; for comparison, before 2009, she was 19-7.
I know. She used to be so good at playing finals. Now she keeps getting beatdowns.
London Olympics 2012 - Proud Flag Bearer of Russian Federation & Silver Medalist

Martina Hingis|Roger Federer|Stanislas Wawrinka|Grigor Dimitrov
Cherry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2012, 10:48 AM   #72
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

Its a reasonably decent draw that should play her into form match by match. Enough with the pity party people! A little positivity goes a long way.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2012, 11:23 AM   #73
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Maria was beaten badly by Wozniacki in 2010 US Open and 2011 Indian Wells but returned the favor in Rome. Hope she will do the same to Azarenka this year.

Maria is off to a stronger start in 2012 than in 2011, a year she won two premier titles. Hope she will win more than two titles this year.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2012, 11:25 AM   #74
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

Shahar Peer in round 2 please LMAO Surely there wouldn't be an issue with intensity levels in that match
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2012, 11:35 AM   #75
country flag Steven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
Maria was beaten badly by Wozniacki in 2010 US Open and 2011 Indian Wells but returned the favor in Rome. Hope she will do the same to Azarenka this year.

Maria is off to a stronger start in 2012 than in 2011, a year she won two premier titles. Hope she will win more than two titles this year.
One big title will make me happy tbh. Preferably a slam.

Masha trivia: she's currently the only active player to have won 1 title/year for 9 consecutive years. Winning a title this year will make it 10

yes that means even Sarin and Vinas haven't been able to do this, nor has Henin infact