Miami. 2012 - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 19th, 2012, 09:04 PM   #46
Cherry.

Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of
Re: Miami. 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster View Post
I'm sorry but unless a drastic change occurs, she's not beating Azarenka any time soon I don't say that to be a pessimist, I'm just being realistic.
This. I would give her more chance had they met before the finals tbh (which is not gonna happen at the moment). Finals? No, she's not beating Vika. Realistic goal is to win more than 5 games.
London Olympics 2012 - Proud Flag Bearer of Russian Federation & Silver Medalist

Martina Hingis|Roger Federer|Stanislas Wawrinka|Grigor Dimitrov
Cherry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 19th, 2012, 09:17 PM   #47
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty24 View Post
Maybe she just needs to hire a new brain. :P
This!

Quote:
I can't at Azarenka's draw, I just can't. Maria's draw looks fine I guess, could have been better, could have been much worse.
Azarenka's draw is a cakewalk I mean it's not enough that she wins everything, now she has to smoothly run through the entire quarter (possibly even the whole half, I'm not confident in Petra's game right now, but hopefully she has found the right rhythm)? God, just bring some GOAT tennis Petra, I would be more than satisfied if Vika eventually loses to her Woz is so not getting out of that quarter alive kind of feel a little bit sorry for her I'm rooting for Kim-Serena quarter, and then Masha-Kim semifinal As far as Maria's draw, I guess it's pretty neutral, could have been better (when will she finally draw Aga? ), but it could have been a lot worse as well. Peer can be tricky, but she hasn't played decent tennis for quite some time, and I just can't see Maria losing to Errani. Hopefully, JJ will get through to the 4th round, and I'll get to see my two faves playing at least that way I won't be too devastated if Maria loses, which hopefully she won't... I mean, after all, JJ is one of her regular customers And how great would it be if Lisicki gets through to the semis Though revenge on Na wouldn't be bad either

All in all, she should make at least QF, or why not even the SF.. So when we sum everything up, she won't lose points, because she won the same amount in IW as the one that she would potentially lose if she gets through to the semis...
Tennisvampire is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 09:36 PM   #48
country flag atominside

atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future

God. Maria deserves a big title. I would love it to be here in Miami. Realistically speaking she should get through to the semis, where 60/40 she beats kim. I see Kim beating Serena. And Unless divine intervention occurs, she cant beat azarenka. But she deserves a title here so much a big title for maria is LONG OVERDUE.
atominside is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 09:38 PM   #49
Cherry.

Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by atominside View Post
God. Maria deserves a big title. I would love it to be here in Miami. Realistically speaking she should get through to the semis, where 60/40 she beats kim. I see Kim beating Serena. And Unless divine intervention occurs, she cant beat azarenka. But she deserves a title here so much a big title for maria is LONG OVERDUE.
THIS SO MUCH.
But honestly Vika's draw is just I can't see anybody in her quarter trouble her at all.
London Olympics 2012 - Proud Flag Bearer of Russian Federation & Silver Medalist

Martina Hingis|Roger Federer|Stanislas Wawrinka|Grigor Dimitrov
Cherry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 09:57 PM   #50
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

It IS time Maria deservedly got a big title, she's worked hard these past few years to get back to #2 so lets do it Maria. #MakeItHappenChamp
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Marion Bartoli Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 10:00 PM   #51
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

What a draw Petra will lose early and Aga will lose to Vika for the 5th time this year

I hope Masha gets to the semis at least, would be awesome! I hope she gets revenge on Li finally, I don't want it to be 5-5

Good luck
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 11:28 PM   #52
country flag Shafanovic.
#claypova

Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm sorry but unless a drastic change occurs, she's not beating Azarenka any time soon I don't say that to be a pessimist, I'm just being realistic.
This.

Maria always overplays against Azarenka for some reason, going for ridiculous winners and she ends up hitting tonnes of errors.

CLAYPOVA
Shafanovic. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 11:47 PM   #53
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by atominside View Post
She indeed does deserve it... She's been working so hard, and I think I would be completely crushed if she doesn't win just one more Slam before she ultimately retires (which hopefully won't be for a long time).
I say let Sasha be the divine intervention she was playing probably her best tennis of 2011 (in Rome) when he was there, so I say quit basketball and come support your woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn Fabray View Post
This.

Maria always overplays against Azarenka for some reason, going for ridiculous winners and she ends up hitting tonnes of errors.
Argh, this so much... It's like she goes for the winner from literally IMPOSSIBLE situations and positions She has one huge setback in her game, an issue even bigger than her footwork. She doesn't have a plan B. Her game has only one dimension, and when that doesn't function we are in for a shitfest. I know that she probably thinks that she doesn't need a safety net, and that the only way to play tennis is by always attacking. But, look at the current number ones. Both Vika and Nole (especially 2011 Nole) have CONTROLLED aggression. Granted, Vika defends more, but when she has the opportunity to attack, she seizes it without a problem. Novak is a great puncher and attacker from the baseline, but he can defend himself amazingly (those backhand passing shots ), and he is now even trying to incorporate net play to his game plan. So, Maria, please add some variety. I love her attacking tennis, but there is a time when that doesn't always bring the best results.
Tennisvampire is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 11:51 PM   #54
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Keep on plugging away and win titles, Maria!
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 11:53 PM   #55
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Vika's shitfest against Barthel gives me hope that she loses to some scrub early, in the finish Masha ends up playing Aga in the final
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 11:54 PM   #56
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

The thing is though, Maria's not simply not the athlete those two are. Movement/defense will always be somewhat of a liability for her so she's got to work with what she has. And since her injury, her serve hasn't been the same (notice that she barely hits DF these days but she wins next to no free points on her serve), and so she can't dominate the way she should. Lack of footwork + mediocre/decent-at-best serve + inconsistent groundstrokes = ass whoopings against Azarenka

Les reines de Paris.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2012, 01:09 AM   #57
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

We shall see, Maria didn't look too fresh and healthy to me after Kiri's match. Step by step. And do not ask from Maria to add variety, especially to become a net player, she won't. What I ask from her is to play her game at the best possible level on a given day. Comparing Novak to Maria? No, compare Vika to Novak, it is more adequate.
Old Mar 20th, 2012, 01:52 AM   #58
country flag heelsrule1988

heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all

2004 Wimbldeon final is being shown on Tennis Channel right now... I wish she could own Serena and Vika like that now.

P.S. She was so adorable at 17.
heelsrule1988 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2012, 02:00 AM   #59
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelsrule1988 View Post
2004 Wimbldeon final is being shown on Tennis Channel right now... I wish she could own Serena and Vika like that now.

P.S. She was so adorable at 17.

Always makes me so emotional, I doubt there'll ever be another upset as stunning, mainly 'cus Masha did it first and with WTA restrictions we'll probably see the players at the top for a while before it happens.

Masha is probably the last teen that will ever take the WTA by storm, unless there comes an era that makes this one look like the Golden Age, and some teen gets into GOAT mode at a slam.
Old Mar 20th, 2012, 02:14 AM   #60
country flag ziros

ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold

I am glad none of you guys are giving Maria advice: "Maria you CAN'T beat Vika so just make it look like you're trying out there". It remains to be seen how much of a force Vika is going to be,yes she's having a good run but she's only been to the semis or beyond in grand slams twice. Wozniacki was having this sort of run as well,just without the grand slam win. She has had a lot of injuries,who's to say that won't happen again. It's all part of the game
ziros is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote