Tennis Muttering Thread - vol2 - Page 338 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 25th, 2013, 05:32 PM   #5056
country flag GoofyDuck

GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tennis Muttering Thread - vol2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brena View Post
Me! Me! Me! She's my idol, honestly.
I've heard about her retirement via Swedish Curling Federation FB page, and I can't say I was shocked but I still had a wee tiny ounce of hope that the team would reform for the next Olympics. Especially since I saw Eva Lund became the coach of the Swedish male curling team that has just won the world championships.
Together with Irina Privalova and Dementieva, those 4 ladies are in my personal sports hall of fame.
I already thought it was you, 99% sure.

Well I only fell in love with her when I got into around 2010/2011.

I was so happy when she won the 2011 world championships!! Too bad since then she never qualifed for European and World championships anymore with team Sigfriddson doing so well.
It's wise decision for her to stop when she can't play on the level where she should be.

I was really shocked Sweden won the men's world champs, they really grew in the tournament.. saw Eva Lund a few times giving coaching

I'm still following curling though, supporting team Russia/China/Japan/Korea/Scotland
But Anette was my first curling love :/

Jelena Jankovic - Vera Zvonareva - Venus Williams - Petra Kvitova - Zheng Jie - Li Na - Serena Williams - Peng Shuai - Hsieh Su-Wei
GoofyDuck is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 25th, 2013, 10:12 PM   #5057
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute

Since we're talking about Kworb in another thread, I would like to bring this up

He posted these highlights to youtube. Here's the description:

Martina Hingis has just turned 16 and displays a level of tennis higher than any woman has ever played, dispatching the legendary Monica Seles with ease. Not even Venus, Serena, Steffi, Martina N., Maria, Justine or anyone else at their peak could've beaten Martina on this day.

Brad[le]y. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 10:16 PM   #5058
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

In some moments Martina's bh reminds me so much of JJ's peak bh. Incredibly talented player.
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 10:21 PM   #5059
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
In some moments Martina's bh reminds me so much of JJ's peak bh. Incredibly talented player.
When I first saw JJ's BH, I thought the same thing.

A lot of newbies say JJ and Martina defensive players but at their absolute peaks, neither are counterpunchers. In that first set alone Hingis had 15/2 W/UE to Seles's 5/1. That isn't counterpunching, she was outhitting Monica.

The way JJ shaded Caro in Charleston was also reminiscent of Hingis. They need to hang out; they would be great friends
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 10:22 PM   #5060
country flag Miracle Worker

Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute

And some people compare Radwanska to Hingis
Kimiko Date Krumm, Tomas Berdych, Michail Youzhny, Julia Cohen
Elena Dementieva, Anna Chakvetadze
Miracle Worker is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 10:29 PM   #5061
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Radwanska's problem is that even when she's playing well, she still relies on defensive play a lot. She gives her opponents room to breathe. Hingis at her best was rarely defending, she had the ability to outhit the big hitters like Davenport, Graf, and Venus when she was on top of her game.

A lot of people only know second career Hingis so that's why everyone thinks that Peak Azarenka would beat her
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 10:31 PM   #5062
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad[le]y. View Post
When I first saw JJ's BH, I thought the same thing.

A lot of newbies say JJ and Martina defensive players but at their absolute peaks, neither are counterpunchers. In that first set alone Hingis had 15/2 W/UE to Seles's 5/1. That isn't counterpunching, she was outhitting Monica.
Both JJ and Martina had a perfect balance in their games. JJ's defense for sure is better than her attacking skills, but it's not like she'll stay passive if she gets a chance to attack. Not to mention that JJ's movement and groundstrokes are amazing to watch, no matter if she's pushing or attacking. I can say the same thing about Martina.
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 10:44 PM   #5063
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

I've tried to defend Errani, but I just can't anymore; she's an absolute joke. An opponent catches fire and she does nothing but moonball endlessly hoping her opponent gets tight.
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 10:45 PM   #5064
country flag Brena

Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyDuck View Post
I already thought it was you, 99% sure.

Well I only fell in love with her when I got into around 2010/2011.

I was so happy when she won the 2011 world championships!! Too bad since then she never qualifed for European and World championships anymore with team Sigfriddson doing so well.
It's wise decision for her to stop when she can't play on the level where she should be.

I was really shocked Sweden won the men's world champs, they really grew in the tournament.. saw Eva Lund a few times giving coaching

I'm still following curling though, supporting team Russia/China/Japan/Korea/Scotland
But Anette was my first curling love :/
I've been following them since 2004 or 2005, I'm not sure, but I know it was during my university years and that it was before Turin Olympics. I wish there were some videos of their matches from that period, especially from that Olympics - their level of play was 5 levels above everyone else, I was still learning the rules at the time, but I fell in love with them instantly, they were a quarter of geniuses,l there was nothing they couldn't do. I think they won the Vancouver gold just thanks to the fact that everyone had become so scared of them by then and choked, because they didn't perform anywhere near their peak-years level. So I do agree that they made the right decision by deciding to retire right afterwards. However, Anette being able to win a WC gold with a team of teenagers just shows what a living legend she is. I think their success is due to their unique combination of outstanding skill and great intelligence.
I love the Korean and Chinese teams as well.
And I also have no idea how on earth Swedish men won WC, I thought no one would ever beat Canada, but I'm really happy for them.

By Harold Pinter&Brena

''Man up or go home.''

''Who cares? Hahahahahaha!''
Brena is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 10:47 PM   #5065
country flag Miracle Worker

Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I've tried to defend Errani, but I just can't anymore; she's an absolute joke. An opponent catches fire and she does nothing but moonball endlessly hoping her opponent gets tight.
And it works

Errani is too smart to lose to someone like Bethanie without fight. She knows that players like Bethanie can play good tennis and few minutes later play shit.
Kimiko Date Krumm, Tomas Berdych, Michail Youzhny, Julia Cohen
Elena Dementieva, Anna Chakvetadze
Miracle Worker is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 10:54 PM   #5066
country flag Brena

Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miracle Worker View Post
And it works

Errani is too smart to lose to someone like Bethanie without fight. She knows that players like Bethanie can play good tennis and few minutes later play shit.
Pushing and junkballing is IMO a legitimate tactics in such cases - when you know you're playing an opponent who'll easily turn into an UE machine. The problem is when pushing and moonballing is ALL you can do, like a certain Polish Dane. Errani can't handle power and will get blown off the court by any consistent hard-hitter, but she does have certain skills.

By Harold Pinter&Brena

''Man up or go home.''

Old Apr 25th, 2013, 10:56 PM   #5067
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

I'm not a fan of saying things like "ZOMFG she's doing nothing!!!!@'" but Errani really is doing nothing
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 11:14 PM   #5068
country flag Brena

Quote:
I'm not a fan of saying things like "ZOMFG she's doing nothing!!!!@'" but Errani really is doing nothing
I believe you (I'm not watching the match, those 3 games of Bullycki-Stupidlena were quite enough for tonight), but I still think she'll beat Lisicki and that she'd beat Jelena as well.

By Harold Pinter&Brena

''Man up or go home.''

Old Apr 25th, 2013, 11:40 PM   #5069
country flag Trey

Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future

BMS Beat Errani 6-0 4-6 6-1 didn't see that one coming lol
Trey is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 11:45 PM   #5070
country flag Trey

Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future

Speaking of Martina Hingis she was in the stand toady coaching Pavlyuchenkova since she her coach now. Hingis did not look that Happy lol , there alot work too be done I honestly hope Hingis can help Pavly live up too her Potential are at least some of her Potential
Trey is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread