Tennis Muttering Thread - vol2 - Page 209 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 27th, 2012, 12:21 AM   #3121
LoLex
What did she say? - She said -I will kill you- :O
 
LoLex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bydgoszcz, PL
Posts: 4,713
LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tennis Muttering Thread - vol2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
I'll kill you first. Althoug I believe that Aga has certain limitations in her game that she'll probably never overcome, I believe that her point construction is just fine. She's actually capable of hitting winners, she can open the court and wait for her opportunities to score. Her placement is very good and it has to be good because she has much less power than Caro who doesn't have to do anything but hitting the ball very deep.
I think that when Aga tries to create something, hit harder or change the rotation (which she does very rarely) she makes unforced errors.
__________________

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/1306/95101281.jpg
jj angie rena sloane
LoLex is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old Sep 27th, 2012, 12:27 AM   #3122
country flag Cajka
Senior Member
 
Cajka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 15,484
Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tennis Muttering Thread - vol2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoLex View Post
I think that when Aga tries to create something, hit harder or change the rotation (which she does very rarely) she makes unforced errors.
I don't think that hitting harder would work for her, but her shot placement is something else. Shot placement + variety is what made her as good as she's been during this season, IMO.
__________________
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 12:43 AM   #3123
LoLex
What did she say? - She said -I will kill you- :O
 
LoLex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bydgoszcz, PL
Posts: 4,713
LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tennis Muttering Thread - vol2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
I don't think that hitting harder would work for her, but her shot placement is something else. Shot placement + variety is what made her as good as she's been during this season, IMO.
I know it may be unpopular opinion but her variety is a myth. I always point the fact that she doesn't use top spin at all. What's worse, it looks like she was not learned how to do this. I remember her coach once commented on this, saying that she plays almost everything with the same grip. That's actually why she prefers to go for an inside out forehand rather than cross-court when she stands in the middle of the court.
__________________

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/1306/95101281.jpg
jj angie rena sloane
LoLex is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 12:51 AM   #3124
country flag Cajka
Senior Member
 
Cajka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 15,484
Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tennis Muttering Thread - vol2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoLex View Post
I know it may be unpopular opinion but her variety is a myth. I always point the fact that she doesn't use top spin at all.
She's a tiny player, she can't produce spin at all IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoLex View Post
What's worse, it looks like she was not learned how to do this. I remember her coach once commented on this, saying that she plays almost everything with the same grip. That's actually why she prefers to go for an inside out forehand rather than cross-court when she stands in the middle of the court.
When I say that there's variety in her game, I meant that she has remarkable defensive skills, she's fast, her slice is very good, but she can also attack, finish the point with volleys, lobs or drop shots. And she's not only getting the balls back, the balls that are coming back from her are not easy to attack at all, it looks like players have no idea what to do with that.
__________________
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 01:12 AM   #3125
LoLex
What did she say? - She said -I will kill you- :O
 
LoLex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bydgoszcz, PL
Posts: 4,713
LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tennis Muttering Thread - vol2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
She's a tiny player, she can't produce spin at all IMO.
She could have learned that. You can see what she does with the ball when she plays lobs. She can't actually play a decent lob from the baseline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
When I say that there's variety in her game, I meant that she has remarkable defensive skills, she's fast, her slice is very good, but she can also attack, finish the point with volleys, lobs or drop shots.
I never noticed that her slice does any damage. It's not that deep and penetrating as it should be. Some of her volleys are good. Drop shots are not effective at all. I don't know if playing a lot of drop shots and slices means that she has variety in her game. I wouldn't say so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
And she's not only getting the balls back, the balls that are coming back from her are not easy to attack at all, it looks like players have no idea what to do with that.
I agree on this. Players often don't expect where the ball is actually going to land. She's great at playing with no pace, so it usually depends on what kind of shot her opponent played before.
__________________

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/1306/95101281.jpg
jj angie rena sloane
LoLex is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 01:20 AM   #3126
country flag Cajka
Senior Member
 
Cajka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 15,484
Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tennis Muttering Thread - vol2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoLex View Post
She could have learned that. You can see what she does with the ball when she plays lobs. She can't actually play a decent lob from the baseline.
In order to hit with proper topspin, she would have to add muscles, I'm not sure how it would affect her game. It worked for Errani though.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LoLex View Post
I never noticed that her slice does any damage. It's not that deep and penetrating as it should be. Some of her volleys are good. Drop shots are not effective at all. I don't know if playing a lot of drop shots and slices means that she has variety in her game. I wouldn't say so.
It all worked very well in the end of 2011, but in 2012 those parts of her game have regressed, just like her fh, apart from Wimbledon. In Wimbledon her slices, volleys and fh were very well. And her serve works much better on grass, slice serve especially (for obvious reasons).
__________________
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 01:52 AM   #3127
country flag Cajka
Senior Member
 
Cajka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 15,484
Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tennis Muttering Thread - vol2

I just read that JJ has never served a 100 mph fast serve! Some people should be banned only because of their ignorance.
__________________
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 01:56 AM   #3128
LoLex
What did she say? - She said -I will kill you- :O
 
LoLex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bydgoszcz, PL
Posts: 4,713
LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tennis Muttering Thread - vol2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
In order to hit with proper topspin, she would have to add muscles, I'm not sure how it would affect her game. It worked for Errani though.
She should do that anyway.

And I have to say if she would play with more spin on her forehand I'm quite sure she wouldn't have these multiple right arm injuries she had in the last years. These are clearly stress injuries that are caused by her forehand technique.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
It all worked very well in the end of 2011, but in 2012 those parts of her game have regressed, just like her fh, apart from Wimbledon. In Wimbledon her slices, volleys and fh were very well. And her serve works much better on grass, slice serve especially (for obvious reasons).
Yeah, the only thing she developed since that time is her serve.
__________________

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/1306/95101281.jpg
jj angie rena sloane
LoLex is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 02:00 AM   #3129
country flag Cajka
Senior Member
 
Cajka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 15,484
Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tennis Muttering Thread - vol2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoLex View Post
She should do that anyway.
And I have to say if she would play with more spin on her forehand I'm quite sure she wouldn't have these multiple right arm injuries she had in the last years. These are clearly stress injuries that are caused by her forehand technique.
It could've easily been a mistake that she was trying to hit her fh as flat as possible, it was effective tho, but she got injured and during this season her fh was progressively getting worse. Now it's as loopy as it was before the end of last season. Adding spin could work, but it's risky also.
__________________
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 02:10 AM   #3130
country flag Cajka
Senior Member
 
Cajka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 15,484
Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tennis Muttering Thread - vol2

Dear God, the amount of grammar errors I make in my posts is not even funny. Those sweet native speakers who post here (Brady, Cilla etc.) should stop being so annoyingly polite and correct me now and then.
__________________
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 02:25 AM   #3131
LoLex
What did she say? - She said -I will kill you- :O
 
LoLex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bydgoszcz, PL
Posts: 4,713
LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tennis Muttering Thread - vol2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
It could've easily been a mistake that she was trying to hit her fh as flat as possible, it was effective tho, but she got injured and during this season her fh was progressively getting worse. Now it's as loopy as it was before the end of last season. Adding spin could work, but it's risky also.
It would work but I don't think she can really change that at this age. And I think her coach is aware of that as I heard some of his comments. I blame her father for that. Playing with spin is more natural than hitting flat and it increases the margin of error, so no risk is taken.

I point that fact because that's one of the main reasons why I actually think she has no variety in her game. I call it a myth, just like the supposed beauty of Henin's game and Federer being a gentleman.
__________________

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/1306/95101281.jpg
jj angie rena sloane
LoLex is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 02:29 AM   #3132
LoLex
What did she say? - She said -I will kill you- :O
 
LoLex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bydgoszcz, PL
Posts: 4,713
LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tennis Muttering Thread - vol2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
Dear God, the amount of grammar errors I make in my posts is not even funny. Those sweet native speakers who post here (Brady, Cilla etc.) should stop being so annoyingly polite and correct me now and then.
I think I do more errors than you The most important thing is we can understand each other at least I hope we do.
__________________

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/1306/95101281.jpg
jj angie rena sloane
LoLex is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 02:34 AM   #3133
country flag Cajka
Senior Member
 
Cajka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 15,484
Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tennis Muttering Thread - vol2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoLex View Post
I think I do more errors than you The most important thing is we can understand each other at least I hope we do.
__________________
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 03:46 AM   #3134
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 10,187
Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tennis Muttering Thread - vol2

You guys are fine

Besides when my grandmother was alive, I would talk to her in French and I was awful
Brad[le]y. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 04:20 AM   #3135
country flag Cajka
Senior Member
 
Cajka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 15,484
Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tennis Muttering Thread - vol2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad[le]y. View Post
You guys are fine

Besides when my grandmother was alive, I would talk to her in French and I was awful
If you spoke French since you were born, your French might be much better than you think it is (if it was her first language).
__________________
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios