Tennis Muttering Thread - vol2 - Page 209 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 27th, 2012, 12:21 AM   #3121
LoLex
What did she say? - She said -I will kill you- :O

LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tennis Muttering Thread - vol2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
I'll kill you first. Althoug I believe that Aga has certain limitations in her game that she'll probably never overcome, I believe that her point construction is just fine. She's actually capable of hitting winners, she can open the court and wait for her opportunities to score. Her placement is very good and it has to be good because she has much less power than Caro who doesn't have to do anything but hitting the ball very deep.
I think that when Aga tries to create something, hit harder or change the rotation (which she does very rarely) she makes unforced errors.

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/1306/95101281.jpg
jj angie rena sloane
LoLex is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 27th, 2012, 12:27 AM   #3122
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoLex View Post
I think that when Aga tries to create something, hit harder or change the rotation (which she does very rarely) she makes unforced errors.
I don't think that hitting harder would work for her, but her shot placement is something else. Shot placement + variety is what made her as good as she's been during this season, IMO.
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 12:43 AM   #3123
LoLex

LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't think that hitting harder would work for her, but her shot placement is something else. Shot placement + variety is what made her as good as she's been during this season, IMO.
I know it may be unpopular opinion but her variety is a myth. I always point the fact that she doesn't use top spin at all. What's worse, it looks like she was not learned how to do this. I remember her coach once commented on this, saying that she plays almost everything with the same grip. That's actually why she prefers to go for an inside out forehand rather than cross-court when she stands in the middle of the court.

jj angie rena sloane
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 12:51 AM   #3124
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I know it may be unpopular opinion but her variety is a myth. I always point the fact that she doesn't use top spin at all.
She's a tiny player, she can't produce spin at all IMO.

Quote:
What's worse, it looks like she was not learned how to do this. I remember her coach once commented on this, saying that she plays almost everything with the same grip. That's actually why she prefers to go for an inside out forehand rather than cross-court when she stands in the middle of the court.
When I say that there's variety in her game, I meant that she has remarkable defensive skills, she's fast, her slice is very good, but she can also attack, finish the point with volleys, lobs or drop shots. And she's not only getting the balls back, the balls that are coming back from her are not easy to attack at all, it looks like players have no idea what to do with that.
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 01:12 AM   #3125
LoLex

Quote:
She's a tiny player, she can't produce spin at all IMO.
She could have learned that. You can see what she does with the ball when she plays lobs. She can't actually play a decent lob from the baseline.

Quote:
When I say that there's variety in her game, I meant that she has remarkable defensive skills, she's fast, her slice is very good, but she can also attack, finish the point with volleys, lobs or drop shots.
I never noticed that her slice does any damage. It's not that deep and penetrating as it should be. Some of her volleys are good. Drop shots are not effective at all. I don't know if playing a lot of drop shots and slices means that she has variety in her game. I wouldn't say so.

Quote:
And she's not only getting the balls back, the balls that are coming back from her are not easy to attack at all, it looks like players have no idea what to do with that.
I agree on this. Players often don't expect where the ball is actually going to land. She's great at playing with no pace, so it usually depends on what kind of shot her opponent played before.

jj angie rena sloane
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 01:20 AM   #3126
country flag Cajka

Quote:
She could have learned that. You can see what she does with the ball when she plays lobs. She can't actually play a decent lob from the baseline.
In order to hit with proper topspin, she would have to add muscles, I'm not sure how it would affect her game. It worked for Errani though.

Quote:
I never noticed that her slice does any damage. It's not that deep and penetrating as it should be. Some of her volleys are good. Drop shots are not effective at all. I don't know if playing a lot of drop shots and slices means that she has variety in her game. I wouldn't say so.
It all worked very well in the end of 2011, but in 2012 those parts of her game have regressed, just like her fh, apart from Wimbledon. In Wimbledon her slices, volleys and fh were very well. And her serve works much better on grass, slice serve especially (for obvious reasons).
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 01:52 AM   #3127
country flag Cajka

I just read that JJ has never served a 100 mph fast serve! Some people should be banned only because of their ignorance.
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 01:56 AM   #3128
LoLex

Quote:
In order to hit with proper topspin, she would have to add muscles, I'm not sure how it would affect her game. It worked for Errani though.
She should do that anyway.

And I have to say if she would play with more spin on her forehand I'm quite sure she wouldn't have these multiple right arm injuries she had in the last years. These are clearly stress injuries that are caused by her forehand technique.

Quote:
It all worked very well in the end of 2011, but in 2012 those parts of her game have regressed, just like her fh, apart from Wimbledon. In Wimbledon her slices, volleys and fh were very well. And her serve works much better on grass, slice serve especially (for obvious reasons).
Yeah, the only thing she developed since that time is her serve.

jj angie rena sloane
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 02:00 AM   #3129
country flag Cajka

Quote:
She should do that anyway.
And I have to say if she would play with more spin on her forehand I'm quite sure she wouldn't have these multiple right arm injuries she had in the last years. These are clearly stress injuries that are caused by her forehand technique.
It could've easily been a mistake that she was trying to hit her fh as flat as possible, it was effective tho, but she got injured and during this season her fh was progressively getting worse. Now it's as loopy as it was before the end of last season. Adding spin could work, but it's risky also.
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 02:10 AM   #3130
country flag Cajka

Dear God, the amount of grammar errors I make in my posts is not even funny. Those sweet native speakers who post here (Brady, Cilla etc.) should stop being so annoyingly polite and correct me now and then.
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 02:25 AM   #3131
LoLex

Quote:
It could've easily been a mistake that she was trying to hit her fh as flat as possible, it was effective tho, but she got injured and during this season her fh was progressively getting worse. Now it's as loopy as it was before the end of last season. Adding spin could work, but it's risky also.
It would work but I don't think she can really change that at this age. And I think her coach is aware of that as I heard some of his comments. I blame her father for that. Playing with spin is more natural than hitting flat and it increases the margin of error, so no risk is taken.

I point that fact because that's one of the main reasons why I actually think she has no variety in her game. I call it a myth, just like the supposed beauty of Henin's game and Federer being a gentleman.

jj angie rena sloane
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 02:29 AM   #3132
LoLex

Quote:
Dear God, the amount of grammar errors I make in my posts is not even funny. Those sweet native speakers who post here (Brady, Cilla etc.) should stop being so annoyingly polite and correct me now and then.
I think I do more errors than you The most important thing is we can understand each other at least I hope we do.

jj angie rena sloane
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 02:34 AM   #3133
country flag Cajka

Quote:
I think I do more errors than you The most important thing is we can understand each other at least I hope we do.
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 03:46 AM   #3134
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute

You guys are fine

Besides when my grandmother was alive, I would talk to her in French and I was awful
Brad[le]y. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 04:20 AM   #3135
country flag Cajka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad[le]y. View Post
You guys are fine

Besides when my grandmother was alive, I would talk to her in French and I was awful
If you spoke French since you were born, your French might be much better than you think it is (if it was her first language).