Tennis Muttering Thread - vol2 - Page 176 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 6th, 2012, 10:41 AM   #2626
country flag Cilla
Rafa the Diva, no?

Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tennis Muttering Thread - vol2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoLex View Post
Wow. I didn't know about it. The girl probably started to feel uncomfortable. It's like in this Katie Melua's song "If a black man is racist, is it okay? if it's the white man's racism that made him that way..."
I found the article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ace-storm.html

That lyric is quite profound.
Cilla is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 6th, 2012, 11:03 AM   #2627
LoLex
What did she say? - She said: "I will kill you" :o

LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cilla View Post
I found the article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ace-storm.html

That lyric is quite profound.
Thanks for the link. Some people should really think about this.
LoLex is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 11:26 AM   #2628
country flag Brena

Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
Serena will have to play better than this. If it was Vika in the second set, who knows... OTOH, Vika's serve is worse than Ana's, so kmaybe it would be the same.
Let's hope Serena just got bored and lowered her level. I hope she takes Azarenka seriously if she meets her in the final, but it's Serena we're talking about, I doubt she really gives much thought to her opponents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinaH_4ever View Post
Federer down two sets and a break
Made my morning, though I never thought, even in my wildest dreams, that Berdych might beat him, shame on me. Murray has a great chance now, probably the best so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinaH_4ever View Post
I blame Federer's arrogance on Martina. She was a bad influence.
That's not entirely impossible.

Quote:
Ikr. Actually that whole discussion IS racist and there are people posting there who were always against it in NT. I'm a bit disappointed.
Quote:
It reminds me of Usain Bolt who was dating a Slovak (I think she was Slovak? Or Sloveninan?) before the Olympics. They seemed sweet & happy, but some Jamacians got angry at how she was "stealing one of the decent black men" He broke up with her before Olympics "to focus on the games", but I wonder how much of an impact the backlash had?

Honestly, it's still baffling how it's still an "issue".
I remember reading that article. The Venus thread is equally It started with posters claiming that guy is hot and Venus is ugly, which I find but then it went from bad to worse. Are those people serious, I'm not sure? I think black and Asian people are in general more beautiful than white people, so what? It's just a matter of taste not a statement that you don't like your own race.

By Harold Pinter&Brena

''Man up or go home.''

''Who cares? Hahahahahaha!''
Brena is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 12:01 PM   #2629
country flag Cilla
Rafa the Diva, no?

Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by angus podgorny View Post
Let's hope Serena just got bored and lowered her level. I hope she takes Azarenka seriously if she meets her in the final, but it's Serena we're talking about, I doubt she really gives much thought to her opponents.
Exactly. I really don't trust Sarin at US Open. I mean she lost to Stosur. Enough said. IF she doesn't sleepwalk vs Errani, it's better for her to face Pova. I feel like she'll lose to Vika

Quote:
Murray has a great chance now, probably the best so far.
Famous last words

Quote:
That's not entirely impossible.
I always wonder what would have happened if Martina had got her claws in before Mirka? He'd probably be retired by now.

Quote:
I remember reading that article. The Venus thread is equally It started with posters claiming that guy is hot and Venus is ugly, which I find but then it went from bad to worse. Are those people serious, I'm not sure? I think black and Asian people are in general more beautiful than white people, so what? It's just a matter of taste not a statement that you don't like your own race.
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 12:07 PM   #2630
LoLex
What did she say? - She said: "I will kill you" :o

LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by angus podgorny View Post
It's just a matter of taste not a statement that you don't like your own race.
Omg exactly. It's just a choice of partner.
LoLex is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 12:43 PM   #2631
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ikr. Actually that whole discussion IS racist and there are people posting there who were always against it in NT. I'm a bit disappointed.

I'm like Matt01, but those posters should all be reported and banned. Imagine someone suggesting that Dominika should've never dated Monfils because he's black. That poster would be banned in a second.

Quote:
It reminds me of Usain Bolt who was dating a Slovak (I think she was Slovak? Or Sloveninan?) before the Olympics. They seemed sweet & happy, but some Jamacians got angry at how she was "stealing one of the decent black men" He broke up with her before Olympics "to focus on the games", but I wonder how much of an impact the backlash had?

Honestly, it's still baffling how it's still an "issue".

I must say that it doesn't surprise me completely tbh. If you read Serbian articles about Ana dating Adam or Verdasco, there will be so many retarded posts about it. Since Ana is considered to be one of the most beautiful Serbian women, there are always going to be people who will judge her for not dating Serbian men. You can often read comments like: "Has she ever dated a Serb? Are Serbian guys not good enough for her?"
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 12:54 PM   #2632
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future

I can't believe people still discuss racism, especially on such a worldwide forum.
Bitcherer is gone and he won't get spanked by Nole in the finals. Serena will take it all.
Linguae^ is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 02:12 PM   #2633
country flag Cilla
Rafa the Diva, no?

Quote:
I'm like Matt01, but those posters should all be reported and banned. Imagine someone suggesting that Dominika should've never dated Monfils because he's black. That poster would be banned in a second.
I wish they had lasted longer, they were cute

Quote:
I must say that it doesn't surprise me completely tbh. If you read Serbian articles about Ana dating Adam or Verdasco, there will be so many retarded posts about it. Since Ana is considered to be one of the most beautiful Serbian women, there are always going to be people who will judge her for not dating Serbian men. You can often read comments like: "Has she ever dated a Serb? Are Serbian guys not good enough for her?"
The mentality of people is amazing.
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 02:16 PM   #2634
country flag Cilla
Rafa the Diva, no?

Novak is going to have a hard time even if he makes the finals. Likely another gruelling match with DelPo & potentially being followed up by being worn out by Ferrer. Ferrer had better take out Tipsy

Side note: Even though I don't really care for DelPo, he seems like such a nice person The fact that he cried until 3am after losing to Olderer at the Olympics makes me like him more
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 02:31 PM   #2635
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Is there a better way to wake up than to news of Fed being outplayed by Thomas? I thought Berdych might be a tough obstacle, but I honestly didn't think that he would end up ousting Mister Arrogant Perfection out Way to go Thomas Btw, Marin We finally found someone to match Stosur's choking abilities And Serena is just so scary

Well, whatever happens, my two faves are still here Djoko and Pova FTW And yes, I'm aware of the fact that Pova would probably get bageled by Rena if she reaches the final

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 03:46 PM   #2636
country flag Cilla
Rafa the Diva, no?

Comms: "We've seen some weird shots from Roger, tonight.
"How many has he shanked off the frame?!"

Said as if it's so rare Shankerer4Lyf

First time I've ever seen Berdych's parents. He looks like his Mum. Dad taking pics with iPhone

Last edited by Cilla : Sep 6th, 2012 at 03:56 PM.
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 04:00 PM   #2637
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

What a bunch of useless threads in GM. The best one must be: "Why is Azarenka shrieking?"
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 04:04 PM   #2638
country flag Cilla
Rafa the Diva, no?

Quote:
What a bunch of useless threads in GM. The best one must be: "Why is Azarenka shrieking?"
It's not even the off season yet
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 04:09 PM   #2639
country flag Cajka

Quote:
It's not even the off season yet
already looking forward to another "peak Ivanovic vs peak Dementieva" thread. Or "peak Pierce vs peak Kvitova".
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 04:16 PM   #2640
country flag Cilla
Rafa the Diva, no?

The Rosol question at the end of the vid. Berdych is so insulted I don't really think he quite grasped the question.

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/interact...category=press
Closed Thread