#2 Florida vs #3 Duke Wednesday, March 14th - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 14th, 2012, 02:19 AM   #16
country flag mboyle

mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute
Re: #2 Florida vs #3 Duke Wednesday, March 14th

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd_serve View Post
MBoyle,

you've built a reputation for presenting these matches with analysis and advocating statistics. I'd be disappointed not to see it this time too.
Sorry guys. I'm on track to work 130 hours this week (two straight 20+ hour days Sunday/Monday, plus another likely today. ). All I have to say is Go Devils! But I think I'd be fooling myself if I gave my girls a logical chance in Gainesville. I think Duke would have to win Doubles and the bottom of the lineup.
Advertisement

Old Mar 14th, 2012, 07:10 AM   #17
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboyle View Post
Sorry guys. I'm on track to work 130 hours this week (two straight 20+ hour days Sunday/Monday, plus another likely today. ). All I have to say is Go Devils! But I think I'd be fooling myself if I gave my girls a logical chance in Gainesville. I think Duke would have to win Doubles and the bottom of the lineup.
This. Duke needs Turewicz healthy and for Clayton and Kahan to actually show up. Then I would say Goldfeld has a fighting chance against Mather if she plays well. I don't see Trice beating either Allie or Lauren, but who knows. Duke's worst shot is at #2. Doubles will be key.
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2012, 08:03 AM   #18
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFGatorFan View Post
Roland is trying to get Lauren's ranking up, thus the flip flop with her and Allie at 1. They are co-1's and it's also about matchups, too. Should be a good match Wednesday as the Gators put their 101 home match win streak on the line.
result-wise this season, not so much. (WAATC, vs STAN, etc) So, if Lauren plays #1, does this spell 'stacking'?

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2012, 03:00 PM   #19
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
result-wise this season, not so much. (WAATC, vs STAN, etc) So, if Lauren plays #1, does this spell 'stacking'?
Yeah, I've wonder if the stacking rule should apply, when a coach changes the order in a match that the team would be predicted to definitely win, in order to help raise a player's ranking. Seems like an arguable technical violation, but doesn't feel like it is cheating to steal a win.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2012, 03:30 PM   #20
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah, I've wonder if the stacking rule should apply, when a coach changes the order in a match that the team would be predicted to definitely win, in order to help raise a player's ranking. Seems like an arguable technical violation, but doesn't feel like it is cheating to steal a win.
Exactly. Will is clearly the better player this season. She defeated Gibbs while Embree got routined by Burdette. And while Will won the WAATC, Embree lost quite early..

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old Mar 14th, 2012, 03:39 PM   #21
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Quote:
Exactly. Will is clearly the better player this season. She defeated Gibbs while Embree got routined by Burdette. And while Will won the WAATC, Embree lost quite early..
I'm saying that the point of the rules is to prevent a team from giving up loses at the top, so that they are stronger at the bottom, and get a win that they otherwise would not get. But when the coach is sure the team will win no matter what order of play, the stacking rules seem to have lost their major reason to exist.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2012, 03:42 PM   #22
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
I'm saying that the point of the rules is to prevent a team from giving up loses at the top, so that they are stronger at the bottom, and get a win that they otherwise would not get. But when the coach is sure the team will win no matter what order of play, the stacking rules seem to have lost their major reason to exist.
I understand what you're saying. But what if UF does that against stronger teams like STAN, UCLA, and DUKE? We'll see?

I do actually WANT to watch Gibbs vs Embree though

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Mar 14th, 2012, 07:21 PM   #23
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Doubles Lineup

#1 Oyen/Will (UF) vs. Capra/Kahan (DUKE) 5-3
#2 Embree/Mather (UF) def. Mar/Mullholland (DUKE) 8-5
#3 Cercone/Janowicz (UF) vs. Clayton/Gorny (DUKE) 8-4

Order of finish: 2, 3, 1

Last edited by Amalgamate : Mar 14th, 2012 at 08:08 PM.
Old Mar 14th, 2012, 07:22 PM   #24
country flag Amalgamate

Unless it's because of injuries, Duke is wasting a lot of talent by sitting Goldfeld and Turewicz in doubles
Old Mar 14th, 2012, 07:25 PM   #25
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
Unless it's because of injuries, Duke is wasting a lot of talent by sitting Goldfeld and Turewicz in doubles
what's your suggestion? tell us about your lineup if you're the coach

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Mar 14th, 2012, 07:31 PM   #26
country flag Amalgamate

Quote:
what's your suggestion? tell us about your lineup if you're the coach
That Turewicz and Goldfeld play instead of Mulholland and Gorny They are both good doubles players It's not always the case that being a good singles player makes you a good doubles player but in this case I'm pretty confident Turewicz or Goldfeld would be better out there than Gorny.
Old Mar 14th, 2012, 07:36 PM   #27
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

probably..I really haven't seen Gorny much though, maybe mboyle could shed a light on this, IF he has time Mulholland has at least height She wasn't that bad at UNLV invite either, when I glimpsed(I think she teamed up with Mar then, against Jones/Seguso)..

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Mar 14th, 2012, 08:09 PM   #28
country flag Amalgamate

With wins at #2 and #3, Florida wins the doubles point.
Old Mar 14th, 2012, 09:40 PM   #29
UFGatorFan

UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light

Raining here, but shouldn't be too much of a delay
UFGatorFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2012, 10:13 PM   #30
UFGatorFan

UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light

Routine wins for Embree, Hitiman and Mather put Florida up 4-0 to clinch it. Capra won the 1st set against Will and up a break. Oyen up 4-0 in the 3rd on Clayton and Kahan up 3-0 in the 3rd on Cercone
UFGatorFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote