Random Posts/miscellaneous/anything Petra :) - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 6th, 2012, 03:15 PM   #16
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Random Posts/miscellaneous/anything Petra :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Congrats Petronius (I guess that has something to do with Peter)? Huh? Lol.

I saw the signed pic earlier, but didn't get a chance to comment. Nice!

Bruce, you don't have to delete the other thread. Keep it. That one is not hurting anybody.

That's why Petra #1 came up with this one.

To each his own, and/or choose/create the one you like.

No Biggie.
PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 6th, 2012, 09:52 PM   #17
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetraNo.1 View Post

You lucky thing.

I'm going to do it!

Did he ask for an autographed photo?

What else did he say in the e-mail?

Did they send it to you by post?

I want one, I want one
Yes, he specifically asked for a photo with autograph.
He also said that the photo would be a fantastic birthday present for his friend - a huge Petra fan (i.e. me).
Finally, he added his mailing address and in a few weeks he received Petra's autographed photo by post!
The e-mail address he used is: office@tkplus.cz
I presume they understand English as well.
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2012, 10:09 PM   #18
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
Very nice.

There's an ending attached to your name which must mean "to".
Dative case or something like that.
Petrovi= to Petr, I guess.
Yes, its the dative case (or third case). The Czech language has seven grammatical cases. Thus, "Petrovi" means "To Petr"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
And when she signs, it seems she signs something like "Petra Kvit". Or since there's no dot, maysbe "Petra Kvt".
I understand her. As she's being more and more asked for her autograph, she has created a reasonably shorter version of her surname.
As you probably know, Slavic peoples frequently use the "ova" endings for female names - like Sharapova, Navratilova, etc. - which sometimes make them pretty long.
Old Mar 6th, 2012, 10:16 PM   #19
country flag Petronius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Congrats Petronius (I guess that has something to do with Peter)? Huh? Lol.
LOL, it's actually a coincidence. Petronius is my favorite character from the famous novel Quo Vadis and I use his name as a moniker.
But yeah, Petr is my first name and it equals to Peter in English.
Old Mar 9th, 2012, 07:18 AM   #20
country flag Queen Petra Fan

Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: Random Posts/miscellaneous/anything Petra :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
He also said that the photo would be a fantastic birthday present for his friend - a huge Petra fan (i.e. me).
Finally, he added his mailing address and in a few weeks he received Petra's autographed photo by post!
Thanks Petronius! I'll give it a try.
Queen Petra Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2012, 07:25 AM   #21
country flag Queen Petra Fan

Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: Random Posts/miscellaneous/anything Petra :)

Quote:
Yes, its the dative case (or third case). The Czech language has seven grammatical cases. Thus, "Petrovi" means "To Petr"

I understand her. As she's being more and more asked for her autograph, she has created a reasonably shorter version of her surname.
As you probably know, Slavic peoples frequently use the "ova" endings for female names - like Sharapova, Navratilova, etc. - which sometimes make them pretty long.

When I went to her Nike store signing in Prague last July she started off signing items 'Petra Kvit'. After a while you only got 'Kvit'. To her credit, the smile never got smaller though. She is truly a sweet hearted person.
Queen Petra Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2012, 04:22 PM   #22
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks Peter

I've written to them requesting a photo with my name on it and will let you know if I hear anything.

Here's hoping *fingers crossed*
PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2012, 05:00 PM   #23
country flag Petronius

Quote:
Thanks Peter

I've written to them requesting a photo with my name on it and will let you know if I hear anything.

Here's hoping *fingers crossed*
Wow, you are quick, I wish you luck. But be patient, I was lucky that Petra had a short break between Melbourne and Fed Cup - I read in an interview that her father gave her some posters/cards to sign during that break - and I think she won't be back home until after Miami.
Old Mar 9th, 2012, 05:22 PM   #24
country flag Sharapovian
Pinkpova

Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I'll start it off by saying "I've got A row seats for Eastbourne on the Wednesday for Centre Court" and I'm hoping to see Petra there ). I can't wait .
I went to Wimbledon last year (for one day only) so I was lucky to see Petra play there. And it was on one of the side court so got to see her up close which was nice.

I was also one of the lucky ones to managed to get her autograph after the match, speaking of which - Nice card Petronius
Sharapovian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2012, 10:38 PM   #25
country flag nemurenai

nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute

You know... Petra has twitter now :P I noticed she had no followers.
nemurenai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2012, 10:49 PM   #26
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute

It's all in Czech, right? What's the handle?

No, Pova fans, I'm never gonna say anything good about your girl.
mac47 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2012, 10:51 PM   #27
country flag nemurenai

nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute

http://twitter.com/#!/Petra_Kvitova - all posts so far in English.
nemurenai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2012, 10:52 PM   #28
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute

Found it. It's so her. "Travel the world playing tennis, always smiling." She's such an ingenue. Love her.

Old Mar 23rd, 2012, 10:55 PM   #29
country flag mac47

@vika7 is following her, tweets "welcome partner."

Old Mar 28th, 2012, 05:42 AM   #30
country flag kikiyang

kikiyang is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Could't see where else to post this here. But Petra fan signing in. Was wondering what people think/hope for from Petra in the upcoming clay season. I believe her schedule is Stuttgart/Madrid/Rome correct? Obviously recent results have been disappointing, but Petra is the sorta player who is able to turn it on (and around) very quickly. The conditions at these events should suit her too. Stuttgart for starters is indoors, and we all know how much she loves playing indoors.
can't miss Fedcup in Czech 4.21-4.22
petra must be serious on it
kikiyang is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote