Random Posts/miscellaneous/anything Petra :) - Page 14 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 22nd, 2012, 08:01 PM   #196
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Random Posts/miscellaneous/anything Petra :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
I don´t speak Spanish. Did you mean ?

Well,I posted the other part in Spanish so that the other posters,aside from my hot Costa Rican gf,wouldn't know just how off-topic I was

While I commend the polar bear above for his inter-species friendship with arctic wolves,such laid-back behavior will NOT serve him well in the Greco-Roman Polar Bear Wrestling event.There will be PBs coming from ALL over the colder parts of the world....Canada,Russia,the U.S.,Greenland...and,as you might guess,the competition will be VERY intense

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 08:21 AM   #197
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future

I watched Detroit Houston OT. It was a comedy not to mention Detroit´s coach.
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 01:30 PM   #198
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
I watched Detroit Houston OT. It was a comedy not to mention Detroit´s coach.
Houston's best LB was injured and will miss the rest of the season because of some low-class,blind-side cut block that SHOULD be illegal.Even so,their best defensive back is also injured right now(though he's expected to return soon),so that largely explains their poor pass defense in these last two games--they're still an excellent team.Detroit is talented,too,but they have a track record of mental meltdowns,and their coaching & personnel staff is responsible for much of that.The coaches play a major role in instilling discipline,and the personnel department is supposed to draft players who are emotionally mature and,if they make a mistake with a draft pick,trade him to some OTHER team that welcomes dummies and will exchange one for a player of equal value.Detroit's head coach is a very good X's and O's guy but,as you saw,he allows his emotional tendencies to get the best of him.

Btw,are you familiar with the difference between Greco-Roman wrestling and Freestyle wrestling?Polar bears excel at both while walruses only participate in the former.There's a movement under way,actually,to have walruses wrestle SUMO style instead of Greco-Roman cuz they have limited use of their arms(flippers)

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
Old Nov 25th, 2012, 08:32 AM   #199
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

ND is in BCS title game, they truly deserve it, Ohio St should be there too but 'bowl ban' denies them opportunity. I hope Georgia crushes Bama they deserve it more, Bama was not that impressive as last year, half of they games were on verge of loosing other 'big wins' vs second echelon. Standford by beating UCLA goes to Pac-12 championship to play again vs UCLA for spot in Rose Bowl. I'm so angry and little disappointed, Oregon lost one game they shouldn't have lost, tho Fiesta bowl(probably) still great respectable BCS Bowl but this is no Rose Bowl to me. Anyway Oregon has impressive record with Chip Kelly as coach in conference games by going 36-3 in 4 years.

Football Sunday is on the way, so i make my 'expert' predictions

Minnesota over Bears, Saints over 49ers, Rams over Arizona, Chargers over Ravens(yeah, you can laugh but i think Rivers can pull upset)
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25th, 2012, 11:48 AM   #200
country flag bruce goose

It's sort of random how the NCAA punishes some schools and not others,though they usually leave the elite programs alone and pick on 2nd-tier 'A' programs like Auburn...schools that are very good but not awesome...so I'm surprised that the cowards dared to put OSU on probation--they'll make it up to them later.Still,OSU had to f-up REALLY badly to get caught,so tough shit on them.Corruption in their educational system played a role in the overall moral decline and collapse of the Roman Empire,and I laugh when I see the same thing happening in the U.S.,and most of them are too greedy and blind to even notice it

Your Chargers pick is actually not bad at all;I was telling my friends that the Ravens might be vulnerable for a letdown in between the 2 Steelers' games--the rematch is next week

Old Nov 25th, 2012, 04:37 PM   #201
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

The most ridicilous part about OSU suspension, that they were able in the middle of last season accept punishment for that year when they had suckish record around that time and not for this, also it was already reported Meyer would be head coach for next year. Why they screwed up with this complete mystery to me. Now school, players and athletic department tries to appeal this suspension and get to any bowl they would be allowed. My only guess that they knew Meyer would be good but not undefeated team good in his first year.

Last edited by ShiftyFella : Nov 25th, 2012 at 04:42 PM.
Old Nov 26th, 2012, 05:24 AM   #202
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
Football Sunday is on the way, so i make my 'expert' predictions

Minnesota over Bears, Saints over 49ers, Rams over Arizona, Chargers over Ravens(yeah, you can laugh but i think Rivers can pull upset)
The Chargers should've won...except they're the Chargers.When teams blow that many 4th-qtr. leads,we're WAYYY past it being 'bad luck'.The Chargers have simply drafted and acquired lots of players who fail to step up and make plays when it really counts,and that was abundantly evident on 4th-and-29.They aren't the sorriest team by a long shot,yet they're almost textbook Losers nonetheless...and having a choking spirit guide like Norv Turner just adds to the dark destiny

The Vikes are a mediocre team who has a chance to make some big strides soon...but they're not ready yet.Cutler made some absurdly-sharp throws that normal Bears' QBs have never made;the disparity in W/L record speaks for itself.Marshall is the only highly-talented Bears receiver,and I consider him overrated...he gets flustered when a physical DB bumps him and knocks him off his route...as for the others,they can barely get ANY separation between themselves and the defense,so it's only Cutler's amazing throws that make any passing game possible...the TD toss to Spaeth was incredible,and you should catch it on replay if you haven't already

The Saints have awful pass protection which is covered up by Brees' lightning-quick release...a slow,plodding QB like Byron Leftwich would've been sacked about 75 times so far this season if he had played for the Saints.Their run-blocking sucks,too...and we don't even need to discuss how manure-ish their defense is.Brees and the top skill players on offense have made that team look better than it is;they'd be a last-place squad in the AFC North

What can we say about the Cards?Kurt Warner dropped plenty of signs a couple years ago that he was going to retire,and the Cards prepared for that by basically begging him to stay and not getting any reliable replacement.Can you recall seeing a wishbone college QB who couldn't throw the ball more than 10 yards with any accuracy---yet was FORCED to throw cuz his team had fallen behind?Well,many of the recent Cards' QBs have looked that pitiful and overmatched from the opening snap of the game....They've actually made some strong draft pickups of late,but that won't amount to anything unless the injured Kevin Kolb...or some unanticipated pickup...can truly lead them

Old Nov 26th, 2012, 03:09 PM   #203
country flag ShiftyFella

good thing i was out of money to place some bets

I thought Saints would get revenge on 'better' Tebow at home for loss to Smith but damn they were horrible. Saints desperately need better defense or 'genius' play calling by Sean Payton.

Minnesota disappointed me the most. Vikings missed some real chances by making stupid penalties, also i wasn't expecting Cutler to play that good

What can i say about Ravens? Ray Rice was awesome at crunch time but they were saved by missed penalty

btw, Steelers socked me, without Big Ben it's jockey of a team that really stinks, tho game at Baltimore probably would show real level of Steelers without Big Ben
Old Nov 26th, 2012, 04:37 PM   #204
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Quote:
good thing i was out of money to place some bets

I thought Saints would get revenge on 'better' Tebow at home for loss to Smith but damn they were horrible. Saints desperately need better defense or 'genius' play calling by Sean Payton.

Minnesota disappointed me the most. Vikings missed some real chances by making stupid penalties, also i wasn't expecting Cutler to play that good

What can i say about Ravens? Ray Rice was awesome at crunch time but they were saved by missed penalty

btw, Steelers socked me, without Big Ben it's jockey of a team that really stinks, tho game at Baltimore probably would show real level of Steelers without Big Ben
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2012, 05:16 PM   #205
country flag bruce goose

Quote:

In the back of his mind,Jim Harbaugh has some doubts that Kapaernick....or however the f--k you spell it....will be ready for the tricks that def. co-ordinators will play on the youngster in the playoffs,so it's wise of him to not push A.Smith out of the picture.The 49'ers are easily the most balanced team,off./def.,in the NFC.The Giants secondary is awful and will eventually get exposed in the playoffs.Green Bay's pass protection looks like a kindergarten fire drill...IMAGINE how many sacks they'd have given up if Rodgers weren't mobile,with a quick release to boot....The Bears are scrappy overachievers,but they'll hit the wall,as usual....Am definitely not a believer in the Falcons;they're a very good team,well coached and they have a few playmakers who step up at crunchtime...but I don't see them going to the SB...heck,they may even lose their first game again--they'll win it IF they get the right matchup with a weaker wild card team...just too many holes on that team,though

This is the Niners year...even if they face their recent nemesis the Giants again,I think they'll ignore this year's loss and recall how razor-close they came LAST year...and they'll pull through this time.

You're not making excuses for SD,are you??I'm not sure what penalty you're referring to,but SD deserved to lose that game after pissing away so many chances to clinch it...this after choking away so many OTHER games in the last 3 years.If they had ANY professional pride,they'd step up at crunch time just to silence the ridicule they've faced so much.The fact that they DON'T step up means that,by football 'karma',they deserve whatever happens to them....I feel sorry for Rivers on that sinking ship

No,the Steelers aren't THAT bad;that game with 8 turnovers was an ugly fluke,but it's true that they have a big dropoff when Ben goes out.Batch used to be able to do a lot more when he was younger,and Leftwich needs a spot with a team which has better pass protection.The Steelers' O-Line is WAYYY overrated and is a shadow of its former self...even last season it was target practice on Ben...and it's even worse THIS year.Sometimes,they can push around smaller,weaker defensive lines,but they can't run the ball--that is,whenever they're not fumbling--against stout defenses.Even the Steelers' D isn't as strong as it looks on paper.When they get pressure,they look like the old Steel Curtain at times;however,they get lit up by poised QBs who have ANY time to throw.FORGET Brees and Rodgers: The Steelers have gotten torched by B-plus QBs like Hasselbeck and Carson Palmer.....Having said that,they're a proud team that fights hard so they might reach down and find the resolve to beat us this Sunday

Old Nov 26th, 2012, 06:08 PM   #206
country flag ShiftyFella

Boldin's hit on Weddle that gave him concussion was clear 15 yards for unnecessary roughness, this penalty would end that game with Chargers win. Detroit lost to Texans because of few missed penalties too but Lions is dumb dirty team, so in a way they deserved it, on the other hand Chargers were robbed, tho you could argue that why they don't get it done in OT

Falcons is team to me that has to prove it in playoffs, they always play sort of good in regular season but totally stink in po, so first they have to prove me wrong until then it just not po material team i.e i don't really care about them.

I don't think Giants would get really exposed, they my kind of team. step up when it matters most and threat regular season just as ticket to real football action where all big boys play, also don't forget they are probably the best team on the road and in PO Giants would have to travel to 49ers arena where they already annihilated them but 49ers play now little better, they would be hungry to revenge it, so for me it's 50-50.

I'm looking forward more to AFC playoffs. it has more 'stories' to it. Texans trying to advance deeper and show that they matured since last year, Brady trying to get to SB to catch his next that eludes him for quite some time, Payton's comeback year and what can he do in po, Luck's rookie year run and what 'protege' of Payton Manning can do.
Old Nov 26th, 2012, 06:34 PM   #207
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Boldin's hit on Weddle that gave him concussion was clear 15 yards for unnecessary roughness, this penalty would end that game with Chargers win. Detroit lost to Texans because of few missed penalties too but Lions is dumb dirty team, so in a way they deserved it, on the other hand Chargers were robbed, tho you could argue that why they don't get it done in OT
You've got your terminology wrong;unnecessary roughness is when someone makes a violent hit that is irrelevant to the flow of action.You could try to argue that Boldin's block was an illegal hit...which is also usually a personal foul depending on the context,but it wasn't as 'Clear' to me as you claim it was.It was also at least partly Weddle's fault for not anticipating the block,though I'll grant you that it MAY have violated the rules on contact to the head.Still,it wasn't so painfully obvious that the whole world saw it right away and,if the officials missed it in live action,they can't issue such a penalty on review even if they're checking the play for other issues,such as ball possession or yard placement,and happen to see the hit.We'll see if the commish's office fines Boldin,but I haven't heard any complaints from SD that they were 'robbed' by Boldin's hit....They DID have some doubts whether Rice had the 1st down or not,yet they admitted that the replay wasn't 100% conclusive to the contrary

Edit: The game wouldn't end on that penalty,either,because it wasn't the last play of the game.Since Rice got the first down,SD would have had to accept the penalty to negate the play...and it would've been Ravens' ball,still 4th down,15 yards from the infraction

Last edited by bruce goose : Nov 26th, 2012 at 06:39 PM.
Old Nov 26th, 2012, 08:08 PM   #208
country flag ShiftyFella

Weddle wasn't even aware of block since it come from his 'blind' side and all his attention was focused on Ray since he was almost in front of him, i don't remember exact 'wording' in rule book on this sort of hits, to me it was illegal hit of a defenseless player which is qualified as unnecessary roughness penalty with 15yard and fine afterwards or i'm mistaken this with late hit, anyway this could be avoided if Boldin stepped on the break a little or use his shoulder not the helmet first, this is the problem in today's nfl to me. Game would be over since i doubt Chargers would allow another conversion on 4th and long and i don't think Bears would try their luck once more, it would be wise to punt it to try to force turnover since it would be too long for a FG. Basically, few short runs down the middle and kneel down plays and clock milked away by Chargers.

NFL penalty policy is ridicilous from time to time, sometimes they overreact over nothing, Ed Reed suspension as example but sometimes miss some real hits or give 'softer' penalty\fine for them
Old Nov 26th, 2012, 08:25 PM   #209
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Weddle wasn't even aware of block since it come from his 'blind' side and all his attention was focused on Ray since he was almost in front of him, i don't remember exact 'wording' in rule book on this sort of hits, to me it was illegal hit of a defenseless player which is qualified as unnecessary roughness penalty with 15yard and fine afterwards or i'm mistaken this with late hit, anyway this could be avoided if Boldin stepped on the break a little or use his shoulder not the helmet first, this is the problem in today's nfl to me. Game would be over since i doubt Chargers would allow another conversion on 4th and long and i don't think Bears would try their luck once more, it would be wise to punt it to try to force turnover since it would be too long for a FG. Basically, few short runs down the middle and kneel down plays and clock milked away by Chargers.

NFL penalty policy is ridicilous from time to time, sometimes they overreact over nothing, Ed Reed suspension as example but sometimes miss some real hits or give 'softer' penalty\fine for them
The refs have some discretionary power on blindside hits IF the blocked player posed a legit threat to the hitter's teammate,and that was certainly the case on THAT play.The only argument in SD's favor is,as you said,HOW the contact was made.If done with the helmet,it's often illegal....gotta run to work

Old Nov 29th, 2012, 04:27 AM   #210
country flag bruce goose

Caro's off-topic thread is fairly dead now...if we're lucky,someone wanders over there once a week or so.......so maybe there's an art lover here who could give an objective analysis of Dushevina's paintings.To ME,Vera herSELF is a work of art,so I might not be terribly committed to evaluating her artwork impartially....Any informed,honest opinions are welcome