Random Posts/miscellaneous/anything Petra :) - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 16th, 2012, 09:22 AM   #166
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Random Posts/miscellaneous/anything Petra :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
soccer hmmm

Zlatan Ibrahimovic Wonder Goal Sweden Vs England 4 2
That's great,Paul,but the Polar Olympics are only a month away and we still haven't gotten ANY updates from you.....I only woke up to drain the weasel for a moment and noticed your post in my inbox,so I'll let you plan your journalistic endeavors as I head back to bed

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 16th, 2012, 02:43 PM   #167
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Wow! You're the first one I've met who agreed with me that women's soccer was more tolerable than men's;I'll admit that the very elite men's teams pass and share the ball impressively,but women are usually less selfish than men so they function as a team more fluidly.I also like the fact that they are FAR less bitchy than the so-called male players(the irony,huh?),and you only see a fraction of the pathetic diving and flopping that the men do.After being raised on the NFL in the U.S.,it's nearly impossible for me to respect sissy male athletes,though aye DO support the Tricolor,out of patriotism,whenever we play WC or any important international competition.

Andy Reid isn't a bad coach;a winning percentage like his,over a long stretch,doesn't come by accident,but he has always limited even his best teams with his rigid loyalty to the overrated West Coast Offense(WCO).Shanahan diversified the WCO by integrating the power running of Terrell Davis,and Holgrem opened it up by adding in a deep-passing component with Favre...but Andy never changed,and that's why I rank him with 'very good' coaches(Cowher,Fisher,Chuck Knox,etc.) but NOT 'great' ones....last Sunday's game was the Imploder Bowl.I think the Eagles would've won if Vick hadn't gotten hurt,yet they still wouldn't have made any sort of playoff run even with a healthy Vick...too much discord on that team
I don't have bias towards women's sport(except for women's basketball), i enjoy most of women's sport and some of them i rank at the same level as men or even higher, women's soccer is way more better than men's but i'm not sure when it's get more exposure and prestige it would stay the same, look at lower rank men's soccer leagues, there almost none of flopping and whining, games more exciting most of the time and results more unpredictable which means more fun.

Andy great coach but we should have rid of him after Donovan left, it was clear stuff wasn't working and he doesn't have intangibles to win Superbowl title, yeah he can win games in regular season and some in playoffs but not the Superbowl. I think we would still lost if Michael was in the game but his injury saved the team because they would be eaten alive for loosing to Cowboys when 'healthy' Vick plays the game.
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 04:31 PM   #168
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
I don't have bias towards women's sport(except for women's basketball), i enjoy most of women's sport and some of them i rank at the same level as men or even higher, women's soccer is way more better than men's but i'm not sure when it's get more exposure and prestige it would stay the same, look at lower rank men's soccer leagues, there almost none of flopping and whining, games more exciting most of the time and results more unpredictable which means more fun.

Andy great coach but we should have rid of him after Donovan left, it was clear stuff wasn't working and he doesn't have intangibles to win Superbowl title, yeah he can win games in regular season and some in playoffs but not the Superbowl. I think we would still lost if Michael was in the game but his injury saved the team because they would be eaten alive for loosing to Cowboys when 'healthy' Vick plays the game.
You don't always need to have a great coach to win the SB.Sometimes a mere decent coach is enough as long as he doesn't get badly outschemed and has his team mentally prepared to play...and that's more often true when there's a well-disciplined team with excellent talent and mature veterans...the Cowboys even won with Barry Switzer as coach once....Cowher was what I'd call a decent coach(and one who had the respect of his players),and our SB-winning coach,Brian Billick,was the same.The Steelers current coach,Tomlin,looks like a better X's and O's guy,IMO,than Cowher was...and he'll probably be there a long time,too.I'm not sure what to say about McCarthy in Green Bay;yeah,he won his title,but I've seen so many games when GB was upset by weaker teams when they looked as if they came in flat and overconfident...and that's a poor reflection on the coaching staff.

I'm not sure that women's soccer players would change that much if the sport grew a lot;it's a sport that requires lots of hard work so it attracts the sort of women who are dedicated and goal-oriented.I don't see them becoming like the prissy male players are.....but you might be on to something when you discuss the disparity between elite and minor leagues.The top players in men's soccer are pampered so much that the sub-culture almost encourages a prima donna attitude.Baseball has become somewhat similar;if you check out the minor leagues,there's kind of a blue-collar,working man's atmosphere.The major leaguers of today,though,wouldn't cope too well if a time machine transported them to previous decades.In those eras,there were pitchers like Don Drysdale,Bob Gibson,Dizzy Dean and Don Newcombe WHO WEREN'T AFRAID TO FIGHT if an opposing player challenged them...and they'd either pitch inside to back a hitter off the plate or--if they didn't like a guy or thought he behaved wrongly--they'd hit him with a pitch on purpose.Today's punks couldn't cope with that.

Athletic women are usually fun to watch;can't speak for basketball in other countries but,in the U.S.,it attracts lots of masculine gals,unfortunately,who play a style that's almost thuggishly aggressive...Yeah,you're right;it's often unpleasant to watch in terms of quality of play.On a more important note,studies show that women who play sports are usually more emotionally well-rounded than those who are totally inactive in that area,and they tend to fare better in their personal relationships.It's obviously not true in ALL cases,yet the stats show it to be a consistent trend

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 05:23 PM   #169
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

I think to win SB you either need: team that functions as a real hard working team not necessary great one just good; or team with star players and a great coach that can made them perform and deal with their personalities; or great QB that can lead whole team and hold everyone accountable or be just Montana like good enough to win on it's own. GB have Rodgers who's big time and that was more than enough to win SB but his cockiness and inability to hold everyone accountable especially himself would hold them back to win another unless GM\Owner\Coach fix their problems on defense and some on offense to make it irrelevant.

Problem i have with women's basketball it's just not like men's, they can't play hard and psychical enough to match what guys can do, also their game variety is poor and women that playing basketball at WNBA not as athletic as men, tho at college level they are fun to watch but men's college basketball is still better. It's strange women's basketball should be my favorite sport in theory because there bunch of tall women that battle each other and there whole lotta booty\titty jiggling and touching going on but it's just not, i rather would go watch lingerie league madness than women's basketball even women's mma has more hot gals than basketball
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 06:01 PM   #170
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's great,Paul,but the Polar Olympics are only a month away and we still haven't gotten ANY updates from you.....I only woke up to drain the weasel for a moment and noticed your post in my inbox,so I'll let you plan your journalistic endeavors as I head back to bed
When I was shaving

I was dreaming about the Polar Olympics

But it seems Mr. Penguin is gone.
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 06:32 PM   #171
country flag bruce goose

I agree with most of the above except any team needs at least a couple great players to step up and make key plays vs. talented opponents in the playoffs.GOOD players make for important complementary parts but it's very,very rare that a championship team has zero GREAT players.For that to happen,they'd have to have exceptional teamwork and,most likely,meet a less-disciplined opponent for the title.

Also,there isn't ANY QB who can lift a mediocre team to a SB title....I recall the 1984 Dolphins who lost to SF in the SB,and Marino was practically SUPERNATURAL that season(over and above his normal Hall-of-Fame level).He had 3 good WRs and decent TEs plus a solid Offensive Line...but the Dolphins defense sucked that season and their overall talent level wasn't that high,either.At a minimum,even a Marino,Montana or Elway requires adequate pass protection and receivers who can create some degree of separation on their routes...and the defense must do no worse than create turnovers and limit the opponent's scoring somewhat.If you have to outscore EVERYone,then it will eventually catch up with you one day when you'r slightly off...maybe scoring 24 instead of 31.I recall that the Saints defense from 3 years ago gave up lots of yards...yet they had an effective standard pass rush and blitz that would disrupt the opposing QB and they had quick,talented playmakers on D who caused plenty of turnovers....unlike the current Saints' D,they bent but didn't break...they were just good enough to let Brees and the offense do their thing.

Finally,I'm sure you'd agree with this: The women basketball players aren't poor athletes;they simply can't do all the things the men do,and we're somewhat spoiled because the men's athletic brilliance is something we're accustomed to.The disparity isn't as great in some of the other two-gender sports...there IS a notable difference in tennis,but that's offset by the superior visual beauty and grace of the women...plus the fact that the men,in large numbers,are obnoxious,totally unlikable,swishy punks.I can't think of any whom I'd wish death upon,but there ARE a few for whom I'd PAY MONEY to see them line up for a scrimmage in NFL training camp.Our test case would probably assume that there would be celebrity kid gloves treatment,but I'd go to the players beforehand and tell them,"See that tenista over there?He says that you all are a bunch of idiots who lack the intellect to get a real job...and he also said that anyone who plays such a violent sport for a living must be a savage,inbred moron..."
NFL Players:
Yo:

Old Nov 16th, 2012, 06:39 PM   #172
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
When I was shaving

I was dreaming about the Polar Olympics

But it seems Mr. Penguin is gone.
Oh,he'll be back,and you can be sure that he'll catch the Games on satellite dishes from any number of his residences across the globe.As you've already seen--and as the lovely,helpless ice skater found out--he's an unstoppable chick magnet so that occupies part of his leisure time.Luckily for the skater,though,the Emperor is a true,refined gentleman who will treat her with dignity

Old Nov 16th, 2012, 08:07 PM   #173
country flag ShiftyFella

Quote:
Finally,I'm sure you'd agree with this: The women basketball players aren't poor athletes;they simply can't do all the things the men do,and we're somewhat spoiled because the men's athletic brilliance is something we're accustomed to.The disparity isn't as great in some of the other two-gender sports...there IS a notable difference in tennis,but that's offset by the superior visual beauty and grace of the women...plus the fact that the men,in large numbers,are obnoxious,totally unlikable,swishy punks.I can't think of any whom I'd wish death upon,but there ARE a few for whom I'd PAY MONEY to see them line up for a scrimmage in NFL training camp.Our test case would probably assume that there would be celebrity kid gloves treatment,but I'd go to the players beforehand and tell them,"See that tenista over there?He says that you all are a bunch of idiots who lack the intellect to get a real job...and he also said that anyone who plays such a violent sport for a living must be a savage,inbred moron..."
NFL Players:
Yo:
That's why i watch women's sport, tho with some disciplines i'm still biased towards women's like grumpy old men

I would like Tipsy, Kohlschreiberget or Simon to go on the field and try run the ball

My dream brawl match up would be NFL vs Rugby players all without pads, then we can see who's really tougher
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 08:38 PM   #174
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
That's why i watch women's sport, tho with some disciplines i'm still biased towards women's like grumpy old men

I would like Tipsy, Kohlschreiberget or Simon to go on the field and try run the ball

My dream brawl match up would be NFL vs Rugby players all without pads, then we can see who's really tougher
Yeah,I'd definitely pay to watch Tipsy;the sheer terror on his face would be worth the price

You might know that the more modern use of the word 'football' comes from rugby....There were two football leagues in England in the 1800s,for 'Association Football' and 'Rugby Football'.Association football was what North Americans call soccer...and was clearly the more popular of the two...but the latter version made its way to U.S. colleges shortly after their civil war ended,and the gringos simply dropped 'rugby' from the title.I respect rugby players a whole lot,but they're usually smaller and not as fast...so the impact of their collisions isn't as potent as what you get in the NFL.If you tried to play without pads in today's NFL,injuries would be so non-stop that it would undermine the watchability of the sport...with all the best players constantly getting knocked out and having their careers shortened

Old Nov 16th, 2012, 09:52 PM   #175
country flag ShiftyFella

Yeah, I always troll friends with the word "football" since they don't watch american sports by calling am.footbal real football and football - puffy soccer

Most of injuries in today's NFL come from stupidity, they don't follow "proper" tackling rules, i get really mad when guys even considering making helmet to helmet hits. Offensive players became more athletic and now it's hard for fat DE\DT to even catch old granny like TO, tho he's always keeps himself in great shape. Rugby union players are more tougher because they have more real muscle mass to protect them, most of offensive line and defensive players are just tall fat kids who need oxygen on sidelines after they run few yards but rugby game is more dynamic and demanding since they don't stop playing every minute, you're an offense and defense at the same time, also in scrum you need some toughens and stamina to keep going because nobody will stop the play because there no "no forward progression rule" in place and it can go on for a while. Rugby allows only proper way to tackle anybody combine this with less contact allowed compared to NFL and you get less injuries. NFL guys are just more used to constant beating, actually i think it would be really interesting match up to see, Fast WRs with big Linesmans vs more all around guys from Rugby Union
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 10:24 PM   #176
country flag bruce goose

In a couple instances,you generalized a bit too much,and some of it wasn't all that accurate.....While you're right that offensive lineman and interior defensive lineman are often just big,fat guys,that's simply not the case with linebackers and even most defensive ends nowadays.It's only logical that they'd take a short break at the whistle(though that doesn't occur so much with the no-huddle offense in effect),because the collisions are frequently so brutal that it'd be almost suicidal to NOT have a chance to recuperate,and even no-huddle proponents need to back off the pace at times so that their OL can catch their breath....Even supposed non-stop sports such as soccer and basketball have brief breaks where players take it easy for a few seconds when the ball goes out of play.

Let me be clear that I have LOTS of respect for rugby players,but most of them would have a hard time NOT getting de-cleated if they sustained a collision from a large,athletic NFL linebacker or safety even if the footballer were padless as in rugby.That's not due to lack of toughness in any way;it's simply the laws of physics in play: When you have a larger object moving at a rapid speed,it's just harder for the smaller object to hold its ground,and the more skilled NFL players are VERY adept at sound tackling techniques.

EDIT: That MIGHt not fall under the laws of physics,actually...it might be the laws of motion or some others--I'm just too lazy to check that out right now

Last edited by bruce goose : Nov 17th, 2012 at 04:30 AM.
Old Nov 18th, 2012, 03:06 PM   #177
country flag ShiftyFella

I'm still recovering from Oregon loss but i hope Eagles can bring something to cheer me up, tho i'm not sure
Old Nov 18th, 2012, 03:29 PM   #178
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
I'm still recovering from Oregon loss but i hope Eagles can bring something to cheer me up, tho i'm not sure
That's why I'm never as into the college game when it comes to football...The rivalries are great and there's often high-quality action,but there's such a drop-off in maturity and consistency,compared to the pros,that it's frustrating to watch for me at times.

Some fans have "second favorites";i.e.,teams they don't like as much as they do their faves...but ones they can still happily cheer for when they do well.For me,the Redskins are like "1-B" behind my favorites,the Ravens;I don't agonize too much when they lose,yet I can enjoy their victories a lot...and then there are teams that aye SORT OF like cuz of certain players they have...the Saints with Brees,the Broncos with Manning,etc.,though there's never any conflict if they face my faves.....Shifty,I think you need to latch onto a 'second fave' for the rest of the year because,based on what I saw last week,there are a lot of Eagles who appear to have quit on the season...but good luck,anyway--maybe they'll prove me wrong....At the very least,Oregon is likely to finish up with an excellent season...just not the perfect ending they'd hoped for

Old Nov 18th, 2012, 04:24 PM   #179
country flag ShiftyFella

I have bunch of team that can qualify as "second fave" but it's not the same when your team keeps loosing badly. I think for fans in Philadelphia it's worse then for me. Nice stat warms me at the moment is that Redskins are 0-8 against rookie starters since 06

I like College football because of traditions, great rivalries, Bowls and it's more entering because of youth spark and there more place for creativity. Standford defense is really good and we always have tough games against them. Oregon wasn't tested against really good run defense this season but we blown our chance to make statement in BCS race, game vs instate rival Oregon St would be tough too. We still have slim chance to end up in TOP3 before final voting if Oregon has blowout wins something like 55-3, i'm more frustrated by the fact that Bama again in BCS champ, tho i like Bama but i'm tired of them and SEC conference winning titles. If ND looses race for #2 spot could be tough, also Georgia can make statement in SEC Conference final and made voting even more messed up.

As the old wisdom says "Football season begins on Thanksgiving"
Old Nov 18th, 2012, 05:00 PM   #180
country flag bruce goose

Wow! That's a pathetic stat for the Redskins;THAT would be hard to do even if gamblers controlled the team and you had players trying to lose ON PURPOSE.

But I'm hardcore,so the Thanksgiving quote is B.S. to me and the rest of us who are true fans...and the problem with college football is the mediocrity at key positions...it's just too much for me sometimes.I can't watch a game where the QB is inferior to some gal from the Lingerie Football League in throwing the ball...and it's almost laughable when you have even TWO receivers waltzing down the field uncovered with no defender even visible on the screen...and then you have the blowouts where one team almost literally has ZERO chance to win.In the pros,even suck-ass teams like the Browns or Raiders can beat SB contenders once in a while.It's not the same as basketball where players require less time to physically mature and top college boys are already ready for the NBA....NCAA football is still lots of fun somtimes,but I'm a perfectionist when it comes to my favorite sport so I can't tolerate wishbone QBs who can't throw the ball more than 10 yards