Indian Wells 2012 - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 10th, 2012, 08:43 PM   #76
country flag Mojobackhand

Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold
Re: Indian Wells 2012

Quote:
But Today there was no pressure, it was 2nd round vs someone she schould beat 6-2 6-2, even without good serving.
But that's exactly where the pressure comes from. SHE SHOULD WIN. She knows it. everyone expects it. That puts pressure on a player!

I'm Stosur-experienced. She likes losing to lower ranked players when she is the favorite in a match. And she can win a Grand Slam against Serena in magnificent fashion when she is the underdog. Yes, that's the head. It's the difference between "nothing to lose" and "everything to prove".

Look at Azarenka. She admitted that the pressure of her winning streak/No. 1 ranking was too much yesterday. She almost f**ked up badly against Mona.
Mojobackhand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 10th, 2012, 08:53 PM   #77
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojobackhand View Post
But that's exactly where the pressure comes from. SHE SHOULD WIN. She knows it. everyone expects it. That puts pressure on a player!

I'm Stosur-experienced. She likes losing to lower ranked players when she is the favorite in a match. And she can win a Grand Slam against Serena in magnificent fashion when she is the underdog. Yes, that's the head. It's the difference between "nothing to lose" and "everything to prove".

Look at Azarenka. She admitted that the pressure of her winning streak/No. 1 ranking was too much yesterday. She almost f**ked up badly against Mona.
Stosurs case is a bit different, she either loses first round or goes deep in a tournament, so she can afford that, Sabine just loses against any opponent atm, good or not R1 or R2.
Maybe Sam can teach her that.

About the pressure, she won vs Benesova last tournament, which she lost badly at FC, so there must have been a lot more pressure than today, but she won without getting broken once ?

its like a pressure curve, if its on a special level she gains from it, is it lower or higher, she loses all of her game.
Ziva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2012, 08:53 PM   #78
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Ooh Sabine This is a bad lose

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2012, 09:14 PM   #79
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisickifan84 View Post
I don't think she didn't work hard before IW. Maybe something else is wrong, but we don't know.
The 4 losses after the AO are pretty easy to explain. She crumbled under the pressure of being no.1 in Fed Cup, which is a huge challenge as I pointed out in the German Fed Cup thread before the tie. With negative consequences regarding her level of play, which even Andrea felt last year, despite she had won her 4 matches. Then the infection affected her physically as well.
Old Mar 10th, 2012, 09:14 PM   #80
country flag Rovegun

Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold

everything is about the head.... there´s no excuse for Sabine and we cannot say or defend her that the pressure is so high... that´s a destiny of being a tennis player... you have to handle the pressure if you don´t you lose and Sabine knows that... if you want to be the best you have to know how to handle the pressure... I know I can´t compare my tennis level to her one but it works the same way I am also under the pressure if I play an opponent who I should beat and I would die to lose to him because I know he´s "lower ranked"... so being under pressure is the normal thing but you have to manage that situation if you do you´ll win but sometimes there are some bad days as well when you can do everything but you still lose....
Rovegun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2012, 10:41 PM   #81
country flag Mike81

Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future

So disappointing, even more than recent losses, oh well.

GENIE BOUCHARD- Australian Open Semi Finalist, French Open Semi Finalist, Wimbledon Finalist and Nuremburg Champion 2014!!

SABINE LISICKI- Wimbledon Quarter Finalist and Miami Doubles Champion 2014!!
Mike81 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2012, 11:04 PM   #82
country flag Ian Aberdon

Ian Aberdon has disabled reputation

Yikes. That is all.

Ich liebe dich nicht, du liebst mich nicht it's a braw moonlicht nicht the nicht
Ian Aberdon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2012, 03:00 AM   #83
country flag maturedgirl

maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold

what a rock bottom

had a better time with my friends tonight than sab in usa
maturedgirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2012, 06:38 AM   #84
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Sabine

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Tatishvili. Flipkens. Pironkova.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2012, 09:15 AM   #85
country flag everythingtaboo

everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonwright25 View Post
Just an excuse. If she wasn't healthy she wouldn't be there or at least wouldn't be playing doubles too. She needs to find some mental toughness.
Well said. Time to stop the excuses and start the really hard work.

If she's having so much trouble with pressure she should see a sport psychologist. I'm pretty sure I read Djokovic did and look at him now!
Old Mar 11th, 2012, 09:19 AM   #86

everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre View Post
like i said earlier today, Top Ten is outta range, now almost impossible, i saw that loss comming.

The whole season can become a massive disaster, to hold Top 25 at the end of the season will be very very hard, if the form doesnt rise like crazy soon, today she reached her lowest point.

No Gajdosova downfall please !!!
Let's not even go there.
Old Mar 11th, 2012, 09:25 AM   #87

Worst defeat of her career? Losing to someone with no weapons not even ranked in the top 100. Just... horrible. I don't even know what to say. Clearly she has the game, but when it comes to mental toughness she is as weak as they come. Something needs to be done about that, whether it's a sport psychologist or a trip to see the Wizard. She's wasting so many opportunities to make up some points to fall back on in case she can't defend her Grass points, not to mention-- with top 10 in sight.
Old Mar 11th, 2012, 10:21 AM   #88
country flag Ian Aberdon

Ian Aberdon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by everythingtaboo View Post
Worst defeat of her career? Losing to someone with no weapons not even ranked in the top 100. Just... horrible. I don't even know what to say. Clearly she has the game, but when it comes to mental toughness she is as weak as they come. Something needs to be done about that, whether it's a sport psychologist or a trip to see the Wizard. She's wasting so many opportunities to make up some points to fall back on in case she can't defend her Grass points, not to mention-- with top 10 in sight.
Weeeeeeee'rrrrreeeee.............off to see The Wizard, the wonderful Wizard of Oz........join in, join in!

Ich liebe dich nicht, du liebst mich nicht it's a braw moonlicht nicht the nicht
Ian Aberdon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2012, 11:30 AM   #89
country flag maturedgirl

maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by everythingtaboo View Post
If she's having so much trouble with pressure she should see a sport psychologist. I'm pretty sure I read Djokovic did and look at him now!
And Görges did and Nadal has one and Bine definetely needs ONE
maturedgirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2012, 11:35 AM   #90
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerangkid View Post
And Görges did and Nadal has one and Bine definetely needs ONE
she already has a mental trainer, two to be exact
Ziva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote