Indian Wells 2012 - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 10th, 2012, 07:58 PM   #61
country flag jasonwright25

jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all
Re: Indian Wells 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Well, maybe she really still isn't healthy...
Just an excuse. If she wasn't healthy she wouldn't be there or at least wouldn't be playing doubles too. She needs to find some mental toughness.
jasonwright25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 10th, 2012, 08:01 PM   #62
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

losing to Dominguez? on hard? against a player without weapons at all?

Before some poster try to find excuses again!
Sabine had tests before and she still played IW, so doctors obviously gave her the OK to play => means it can´t be that serious anymore + she played doubles before.
And it was Dominguez, I mean, you just have to beat such a player, even with fever or whatever, seriously, awful

But typical Sabine again, in first set wasted tons of GPs before she´s getting broken, herself she can´t take any of her BPs, same picture in 2nd set where she played at least a bit better (seems so at least ) but then of course, she gets broken when she has the pressure to stay in the match at *45, not surprising at all.

I really don´t know what happened to her, I mean, she is in average shape anyway already since NY last year, often some little problems with injuries etc but that can´t be the reason for such a defeat, it is just Sabine.
A top player is able to win the matches even on a bad day but Sabine just sucks badly whenever she plays bad, no mental strength, not able to change her game a bit, just brainless ballbashing at it´s best, I am really happy that I didn´t see that

But well, as I said, she never played well in IW anyway but losing to LDL beats it all, seriously!
Michael! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2012, 08:10 PM   #63
country flag Lisickifan84

Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael! View Post
Yes very embarrising

But @ AO she didn't play well and she was able to win matches, why not today?

You are right, she was tested. If there is something wrong she shouldn't play, but she did and so I think the test was fine
Lisickifan84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2012, 08:15 PM   #64
country flag Mojobackhand

Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold

The thing is: we didn't see anything. We only have the stats:

She couldn't convert her BP, and she got easily broken. If you don't play well on the big points that's most certainly the head talking. I believe there's a lot of pressure on her. Not only is she very close to the Top 10 where she wants to be, she also has nothing to defend right now. My guess is she is trying too hard, she knows she has a huge chance right now (Feb-April), if she does fine to climb in the ranking. Yep, that can cripple you if you know what's at stake and where you COULD BE, if you played well. I believe, she is thinking ahead too much. Plus, she has all these horrible losses in the last month (due to illness mostly but still: loss is loss) and it's not exactly pushing her confidence. So, that'd be another reason for her to get really tight.

She needs some easy wins IMO. Maybe she can play a small tournament (don't have the schedule in my head... so don't know if that is possible) and win some easy matches.
Mojobackhand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2012, 08:19 PM   #65

Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all

You think it's the pressure now, but what she should do @ Wimbledon? There she will have a lot more pressure, that's why she have to earn points NOW
Old Mar 10th, 2012, 08:19 PM   #66
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

like i said earlier today, Top Ten is outta range, now almost impossible, i saw that loss comming.

The whole season can become a massive disaster, to hold Top 25 at the end of the season will be very very hard, if the form doesnt rise like crazy soon, today she reached her lowest point.

No Gajdosova downfall please !!!
Ziva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2012, 08:26 PM   #67

Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisickifan84 View Post
You think it's the pressure now, but what she should do @ Wimbledon? There she will have a lot more pressure, that's why she have to earn points NOW
I know. What I'm trying to say is that she knows it, too! That's the problem! It's not like last year when she had "nothing to lose". She can lose big time and she knows it.
Old Mar 10th, 2012, 08:29 PM   #68
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, she just tweeted..so at least that discussion is over

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2012, 08:30 PM   #69

No excuses:

Quote:
@sabinelisicki

I gave myself many chances in todays match but didn't take them. Instead I made to many mistakes.
Old Mar 10th, 2012, 08:33 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre View Post
like i said earlier today, Top Ten is outta range, now almost impossible, i saw that loss comming.

The whole season can become a massive disaster, to hold Top 25 at the end of the season will be very very hard, if the form doesnt rise like crazy soon, today she reached her lowest point.

No Gajdosova downfall please !!!
yeah yeah you pessimist
sorry

Cool down and think again. She will win again. But on the other side before IW we said, that she has to play against a winnable opponent in the first round to get her confidence back and now she loses vs. number 1xx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojobackhand View Post
I know. What I'm trying to say is that she knows it, too! That's the problem! It's not like last year when she had "nothing to lose". She can lose big time and she knows it.
Yeah it seems so. At the moment she is just player number 5 in germany. She has to go through and get little by little her strength back. Hmm...
Old Mar 10th, 2012, 08:33 PM   #71
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

Quote:
The thing is: we didn't see anything. We
She couldn't convert her BP, and she got easily broken. If you don't play well on the big points that's most certainly the head talking. I believe there's a lot of pressure on her. Not only is she very close to the Top 10 where she wants to be, she also has nothing to defend right now. My guess is she is trying too hard, she knows she has a huge chance right now (Feb-April), if she does fine to climb in the ranking. Yep, that can cripple you if you know what's at stake and where you COULD BE, if you played well. I believe, she is thinking ahead too much. Plus, she has all these horrible losses in the last month (due to illness mostly but still: loss is loss) and it's not exactly pushing her confidence. So, that'd be another reason for her to get really tight.

She needs some easy wins IMO. Maybe she can play a small tournament (don't have the schedule in my head... so don't know if that is possible) and win some easy matches.
the not converted break points were key to her loss today, that problem isnt new, since the very first match of the season, she cant convert them, same on GP, its clearly the pressure she puts on herself.
Also she loses confidence after some UEs and makes even more in the process.

But Today there was no pressure, it was 2nd round vs someone she schould beat 6-2 6-2, even without good serving.
If she had lost to kirilenko next round i could understand that there is pressure on her to beat a good player and get lots of points.

She isnt playing Tennis since yesterday, such matches agains such low ranked players are routine and must get won easy 9/10 times.
if its all mental, even against such an opponent, she must be in a very very huge mental slump.
Old Mar 10th, 2012, 08:35 PM   #72
country flag Ziva

Quote:
No excuses:
Good, very good, now work hard Bine.
Old Mar 10th, 2012, 08:37 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre View Post
Good, very good, now work hard Bine.
I don't think she didn't work hard before IW. Maybe something else is wrong, but we don't know.
Old Mar 10th, 2012, 08:41 PM   #74
country flag Ziva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisickifan84 View Post
I don't think she didn't work hard before IW. Maybe something else is wrong, but we don't know.

since there is no progress she and her team obviously have to change something, i dont know what they are doing in training, but i would suggest lots of match simulations now, skip the stroke, serve training, her matchplay is the main problem.
Old Mar 10th, 2012, 08:42 PM   #75
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Well, she just tweeted..so at least that discussion is over
Sensational!