Serena and Jankovic? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 16th, 2014, 01:43 AM   #1
country flag centipede

centipede is a name known to all centipede is a name known to all centipede is a name known to all centipede is a name known to all centipede is a name known to all centipede is a name known to all centipede is a name known to all centipede is a name known to all centipede is a name known to all centipede is a name known to all centipede is a name known to all
Serena and Jankovic?

Do you think Serena and Jankovic really hate each other? They seem really intense in their matches but toward the end they always exchange words and seem cool with each other. They don't seem like the type of people to get caught up in petty stuff and hold grudges. It always seem like their handshakes end in a friendly manner. It's like they're really comfortable with each other. Do you think it's a love-hate relationship?
centipede is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 16th, 2014, 01:48 AM   #2
country flag Pagliaccio

Pagliaccio is a splendid one to behold Pagliaccio is a splendid one to behold Pagliaccio is a splendid one to behold Pagliaccio is a splendid one to behold Pagliaccio is a splendid one to behold Pagliaccio is a splendid one to behold Pagliaccio is a splendid one to behold Pagliaccio is a splendid one to behold Pagliaccio is a splendid one to behold Pagliaccio is a splendid one to behold Pagliaccio is a splendid one to behold
Re: Serena and Jankovic?

It's intense on court and even more intense in the showers after
Pagliaccio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2014, 02:00 AM   #3
country flag centipede

centipede is a name known to all centipede is a name known to all centipede is a name known to all centipede is a name known to all centipede is a name known to all centipede is a name known to all centipede is a name known to all centipede is a name known to all centipede is a name known to all centipede is a name known to all centipede is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagliaccio View Post
It's intense on court and even more intense in the showers after
It's just so weird how they act after the match. They're so chill with each other. It's like one of those friendships were you can be open on how you feel with each other lol. Like no shade throwing.
centipede is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2014, 02:21 AM   #4
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

It cant be worse than Serena/Sharapova.. Or Radwanska/Azarenka
There must be a thread about players who dont get along.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2014, 02:39 AM   #5
country flag MrPitiful

MrPitiful is a name known to all MrPitiful is a name known to all MrPitiful is a name known to all MrPitiful is a name known to all MrPitiful is a name known to all MrPitiful is a name known to all MrPitiful is a name known to all MrPitiful is a name known to all MrPitiful is a name known to all MrPitiful is a name known to all MrPitiful is a name known to all

IMO, they only talk because Serena is the one who always wants to exchange a few words after the match. If it is for publicity or not, idk. But it seems like she always wants to make sure everything is alright.
MrPitiful is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2014, 02:59 AM   #6
country flag hien88

hien88 is a glorious beacon of light hien88 is a glorious beacon of light hien88 is a glorious beacon of light hien88 is a glorious beacon of light hien88 is a glorious beacon of light hien88 is a glorious beacon of light hien88 is a glorious beacon of light hien88 is a glorious beacon of light hien88 is a glorious beacon of light hien88 is a glorious beacon of light hien88 is a glorious beacon of light

they are just drama queens nothing more
hien88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2014, 03:03 AM   #7
country flag Potato

Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by centipede View Post
It's just so weird how they act after the match. They're so chill with each other. It's like one of those friendships were you can be open on how you feel with each other lol. Like no shade throwing.
Yeah, except last year JJ made some bitter comments when she lost to Serena at the YEC, but other than that they have the utmost respect for each other and refuse to drag each other off the court when it comes to their on court drama. Like in Dubai this year, JJ was going absolutely insane towards the end of the match, and Serena wanted to clear things up with her and JJ told her that she wasn't mad at Serena, she was annoyed with how the umpire kept on telling her to speed up and then slow down, etc. Also, in Charleston, after the match it almost seemed like their scuffle never even happened. Serena is always really complimentary of JJ in the off-court interviews, I've noticed.
Old Jul 16th, 2014, 03:13 AM   #8
country flag Stamp Paid
Joshua

Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by centipede View Post
Do you think Serena and Jankovic really hate each other? They seem really intense in their matches but toward the end they always exchange words and seem cool with each other. They don't seem like the type of people to get caught up in petty stuff and hold grudges. It always seem like their handshakes end in a friendly manner. It's like they're really comfortable with each other. Do you think it's a love-hate relationship?

█████████████████ʘ
Stamp Paid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2014, 07:30 AM   #9
country flag Rebell

Rebell is a splendid one to behold Rebell is a splendid one to behold Rebell is a splendid one to behold Rebell is a splendid one to behold Rebell is a splendid one to behold Rebell is a splendid one to behold Rebell is a splendid one to behold Rebell is a splendid one to behold Rebell is a splendid one to behold Rebell is a splendid one to behold Rebell is a splendid one to behold

I like both

Anyway they come in the tour to play not necesarrily to make friends
Rebell is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2014, 07:50 AM   #10
serty

serty has a brilliant future serty has a brilliant future serty has a brilliant future serty has a brilliant future serty has a brilliant future serty has a brilliant future serty has a brilliant future serty has a brilliant future serty has a brilliant future serty has a brilliant future serty has a brilliant future

They are BFF's..

serty is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2014, 07:52 AM   #11
country flag fufuqifuqishahah

fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute

i think they both understand each other's ridiculousness since they are both ridiculous (overly dramatic divas)

Grand Slam [oJankyoNutcrackeroAnaresoVeeo]
Come Baaaack [oShinoboooMarie!oThe Original Russian Bombshello]
Wake Up! [oNastyaoThe Slovak SpideroFrannyoMomooVaniaoJellyDee!o]

fufuqifuqishahah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2014, 08:00 AM   #12
country flag Tennisation

Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute

They are both outspoken queens that don't bs with each other. They get straight to the point and I think they have a competitive on-court and a genuine off-court relationship.
Tennisation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2014, 08:22 AM   #13
country flag Rebell

Rebell is a splendid one to behold Rebell is a splendid one to behold Rebell is a splendid one to behold Rebell is a splendid one to behold Rebell is a splendid one to behold Rebell is a splendid one to behold Rebell is a splendid one to behold Rebell is a splendid one to behold Rebell is a splendid one to behold Rebell is a splendid one to behold Rebell is a splendid one to behold

OMG, they are drama queens but Azarenka isn't?
Old Jul 16th, 2014, 09:17 AM   #14
country flag Bornwinner

Bornwinner is a splendid one to behold Bornwinner is a splendid one to behold Bornwinner is a splendid one to behold Bornwinner is a splendid one to behold Bornwinner is a splendid one to behold Bornwinner is a splendid one to behold Bornwinner is a splendid one to behold Bornwinner is a splendid one to behold Bornwinner is a splendid one to behold Bornwinner is a splendid one to behold Bornwinner is a splendid one to behold

In my opinion, the only person allowed to have drama is SERENA, she's got the granslams, the titles, the dominance all under her belt. I get the feeling that with Jankovic, it's a lot to do with envy. She seems to want what Serena has, but she just doesn't have the personality to pull it off. I remember at the Wimbledon Party, that horrible goethic look, its like she was trying too hard. On the other hand, Serena and Venus are the one's who really took tennis to the next level, their personalities, the fashion, the power, the winning and sometimes I wonder why even Serena bothers to dignify JJ with reactions. JJ should be dealing with those people who have 1 slam and work her way up the ladder. If I was Serena I would just completely ignore her.

It is unfortunate, but in women's tennis there much more drama and dislike expressed than is necessary. The hate or dislike of Serena for most of the girls has a lot to do with her success. Notice the girls are not as hateful of Venus, because Venus they can and have beat over and over, but Serena has many time destroyed these girls. I strongly believe Maria S. dislike for Serena has a lot to do with the fact that Serena has been the biggest obstacle to her becoming a bigger influence in the tennis world. As long as Serena is playing and winning, Maria cannot be # 1. And that goes for a lot of the girls out there. Check out Alize, she beat Serena and acted like she's won a slam, unfortunately for her, beating Serena, unless in a final, doesn't give her a grandslam. They are so invested on beating Serena, that when they beat her they have all these smart comments about Serena.

I am confident that Serena will return in great form this time around. I am glad that she gets time to clear her mind, and refocus and develop her game even more. It will take a lot of hardwork and pushing herself to get back to that confidence level. But hopefully, once she finds that for again, she doesn't let up. She goes on this tear and punishes anyone who ever laughed at her commitment to the game. I want to see Serena really just own everything, comfortably and Ease.

As for JJ, lets just say, has to catchup on titles, slams before she can be considered anything but a pain in the draw.
Bornwinner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2014, 09:23 AM   #15
country flag Rebell

Serena achieved a lot but I don't think JJ has reasons to envy her, neither other player, all of them have their achievements

I still think JJ could win a slam one day