Sisters' American Spring Swing 2012 thread (Indian Wells, Nassau, Miami, Charleston) - Page 14 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 5th, 2012, 06:16 AM   #196
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sisters' American Spring Swing 2012 thread (Indian Wells, Nassau, Miami, Charlest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malva View Post
The thread at Talk Tennis at Tennis Warehouse with lots of interesting posts: even though the thread itself was started by some bitter Sharapova fan, the majority of responses are very favorable to Agnieszka, and give a much more representative picture about reception of Agnieszka's game by active tennis fans at large (several posters were at the Miami tournament by the way). A great read.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showt...=419066&page=2
I see the thread starter took an article way out of context...

Sharapova fans mistook a quote from Matt Cronin as her own stating "I guess I never went back to Poland." They were freaking out about it and personally, even if it was her quote, I don't see the reason for getting upset over it.

I understand it must be frustrating to see a player you like not play their best tennis but sometimes people go out of hand. Some of the live commentary comments in the Live Commentary thread were also completely out of line and downright rude.
Brad[le]y. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 5th, 2012, 10:15 AM   #197
country flag Simugna Help

Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sisters' American Spring Swing 2012 thread (Indian Wells, Nassau, Miami, Charlest

I don't understand why people insist it was a poor match from Sharapova. I guess it was not good in the way that she didn't adapt to her opponent and didn't try anything different (netplay, loopy balls, whatever to throw Agnieszka offbalance), but her shotmaking and especially serve were really good by her standards. Anyone who saw her against Makarova should know how she plays on a bad day.
Simugna Help is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2012, 03:22 PM   #198
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aselto View Post
I don't understand why people insist it was a poor match from Sharapova.
Because she lost. 'She didn't play her best' is the excuse that fans use everytime their fave loses a match. True or not, it doesn't matter. Didn't play your best? Well, PLAY your best then. Nobody's stopping you.

Except for the girl on the other side of the net perhaps.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2012, 08:37 PM   #199
country flag Simugna Help

Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Because she lost. 'She didn't play her best' is the excuse that fans use everytime their fave loses a match. True or not, it doesn't matter. Didn't play your best? Well, PLAY your best then. Nobody's stopping you.

Except for the girl on the other side of the net perhaps.
Yes, but I seriously wonder why people post that sort of cheap excuse. In AO and IW finals, I don't think Sharapova played badly because it was a final or whatever, I think she has no clue how she should play against Azarenka given her (Pova's) skillset and Renka's playstyle.

Ironically, I'd say Agnieszka was playing badly for her standards against Azarenka in Doha and IW but I'd say she played rather badly in the prior matches despite winning them. Dubai was also not that good, it seems losing 0 and 2 was a wakeup call and she played her best tennis this year in Miami.
Still, Azarenka would have been probably out of reach even if Agnieszka had been playing her best tennis (maybe not in Sydney...). Hopefully she's using 3 weeks between Miami and Stuttgart to improve a little and be in great form for clay court season.
Simugna Help is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2012, 09:39 PM   #200
country flag Malva

Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Mean-spirited, hateful, bitter, cynical individuals loitering in GM who may also be fans of this or that player. All of this going on from bad to worse due to lack of proper moderating.

You observed very aptly in the 'miffedmax' thread in the Non-Tennis section, that a casual visitor to GM may get an impression that this forum is for people who love but rather hate tennis.
Malva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote