Who was the player who quit professional tennis at a young age and entered a sect? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 4th, 2012, 10:18 PM   #1
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute
Who was the player who quit professional tennis at a young age and entered a sect?

I did not know about it I was just reading this article on Nathalie Tauziat controversial book and came up with this

Tauziat on homosexuality and women's tennis

When the WTA was created and the women's pro circuit began, the proportion of homosexuals among the top 10 women players was considerable. The tendency has changed around with the passing of the years. Today, there must be only two homosexuals among the top 10 women.

The idea that we are all more or less that way is so ingrained that you always have to justify yourself. How many times have I felt this indelicate question in the look of people: are you or aren't you ?

I am not proud or sorry about it, but, no, I am not. The homosexual women do nothing to get noticed, but I do urge parents of very young players to make a good choice of the people to whom they entrust them.

I had one experience which served as a lesson. The coach of one young girl asked me to watch out for her in case she had any problems. I saw after a few days she was practising with a little group of homosexual players, one of whom I knew very well.

I told her: "Do not touch this girl. Do you understand ?" I never saw the girl with them again. She gave up her career and I learned later she had entered a sect and her parents had a lot of trouble getting her out!

Homosexuality does not shock me, but I am upset by a lack of discretion. I was shocked when Paris Match came out with a cover of Amelie Mauresmo and her friend Sylvie Bourdon, posed together like showbiz stars.

Imagine the trouble a young kid dreaming of becoming a tennis star might have with that. I approve of the step taken by the WTA, who asked Amelie and Sylvie to show their affection in a less demonstrative way. Amelie said recently that only one homosexual player had congratulated her for coming out, the others fearing she might publicly denounce them.

The proof is that, on one side or the other, solidarity is not the most widespread virtue on the circuit. It is every girl for herself and watch your image. For image is money and money is what the war is all about.'
spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 4th, 2012, 10:19 PM   #2
country flag Barktra
Allez

Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Who was the player who quit professional tennis at a young age and entered a sect

Interesting
Barktra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 11:46 PM   #3
Noten

Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of
Re: Who was the player who quit professional tennis at a young age and entered a sect

Do you think it was a cult of lesbian satanists? I heard those are indeed hard to quit.
Noten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 11:54 PM   #4
country flag Bismarck.

Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute

Is the entire book this nauseating?
Bismarck. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2012, 12:04 AM   #5
country flag matty

matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Матвей. View Post
Is the entire book this nauseating?

Taking advantage of someone is WRONG regardless if someone is male, female, straight or gay.

ooo h a n t u c h o v a ooo a z a r e n k a ooo s w i l l i a m s ooo v w i l l i a m s ooo k e y s ooo m a t t e k - s a n d s ooo k u z n e t s o v a ooo
matty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2012, 01:13 AM   #6
country flag Direwolf

Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute

Sexual abuses is actually very common in colleges between a cOach and the Players. And between players themselves.
Direwolf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2012, 01:23 AM   #7
Morning Morgan

Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute

The writing is so bloody scattered, just what point is she trying to drive at?

"No, I'm not. But with you, I don't even care."
Morning Morgan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2012, 01:28 AM   #8
country flag Babolatpro880
Team WTAworld

Babolatpro880 has a reputation beyond repute Babolatpro880 has a reputation beyond repute Babolatpro880 has a reputation beyond repute Babolatpro880 has a reputation beyond repute Babolatpro880 has a reputation beyond repute Babolatpro880 has a reputation beyond repute Babolatpro880 has a reputation beyond repute Babolatpro880 has a reputation beyond repute Babolatpro880 has a reputation beyond repute Babolatpro880 has a reputation beyond repute Babolatpro880 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Morgan View Post
The writing is so bloody scattered, just what point is she trying to drive at?
It was probably originally in French and not translated entirely accurately.

2009 Australian Open Wildcard Playoff Winner
Babolatpro880 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2012, 02:03 AM   #9
country flag dybbuk

dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty View Post

Taking advantage of someone is WRONG regardless if someone is male, female, straight or gay.
Yes, it is. But what proof did she have exactly that these women were going to take advantage of that girl? Can lesbians not nurture and try to help girls just the same as men or straight women can? Tauziat's writing reeks of bigotry and prejudice. She seems to take for granted a lesbian might try to come onto a girl just because of the fact they are lesbians.

And don't even get me started on her wanting Mauresmo to be less demonstrative with her partner. I'm sure she's also against all the male players who have kissed their girlfriends/wives, or straight WTA players who have done the same, right? Right? I can't remember Amelie ever scissoring her partner on court after a big win, so what exactly is the problem of them being affectionate?
dybbuk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2012, 02:14 AM   #10
country flag Vespertine69

Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah... I can buy the idea that MAYBE she was saving a poor girl from a pack of predatory lesbians... but all the shiz about it being inappropriate for Amelie to be showing public affection is a pretty clear indication of a lack of tolerance and understanding. I mean, HEAVEN FORBID that there could be the occasional glimpse of someone being all gay and successful... I mean, that could RUIN everyone. Seriously... unless I missed some pic of crazy carpet munching action, she's getting all bothered by a pic being printed of Amelie showing NORMAL levels of publicly acceptable affection.

I mean... I think... when I was a child... maybe, I saw ONE OR TWO images of people I admired doing HETEROSEXUAL KISSING!!!! in magazines... I mean, OMG, it was just so very crippling and it nearly turned me into ONE OF THEM.

People are fucking crazy, it's really the only thought that makes sense :/
Old Nov 5th, 2012, 02:37 AM   #11
moby

moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planeteer View Post
Sexual abuses is actually very common in colleges between a cOach and the Players. And between players themselves.
Serena has violated Maria so many times.
Love long has taken for his amulet/One perfect rose.
Why is it no one ever sent me yet/One perfect limousine, do you suppose?
Ah no, it's always just my luck to get/One perfect rose.
moby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2012, 03:37 AM   #12
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

I always thought Amelie was pretty cool and a good role model.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2012, 03:39 AM   #13
Morning Morgan

Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffedmax View Post
I always thought Amelie was pretty cool and a good role model.
She has a tattoo, ain't getting buried in a Jewish cemetery.

"No, I'm not. But with you, I don't even care."
Morning Morgan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2012, 04:10 AM   #14
country flag ToopsTame

ToopsTame has a brilliant future ToopsTame has a brilliant future ToopsTame has a brilliant future ToopsTame has a brilliant future ToopsTame has a brilliant future ToopsTame has a brilliant future ToopsTame has a brilliant future ToopsTame has a brilliant future ToopsTame has a brilliant future ToopsTame has a brilliant future ToopsTame has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
Serena has violated Maria so many times.
But it was Justine who violated Serena first.

Tauziat is a nasty person, judging by her comments.
ToopsTame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2012, 04:21 AM   #15
country flag matty

matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dybbuk View Post
Yes, it is. But what proof did she have exactly that these women were going to take advantage of that girl? Can lesbians not nurture and try to help girls just the same as men or straight women can? Tauziat's writing reeks of bigotry and prejudice. She seems to take for granted a lesbian might try to come onto a girl just because of the fact they are lesbians.

And don't even get me started on her wanting Mauresmo to be less demonstrative with her partner. I'm sure she's also against all the male players who have kissed their girlfriends/wives, or straight WTA players who have done the same, right? Right? I can't remember Amelie ever scissoring her partner on court after a big win, so what exactly is the problem of them being affectionate?
yes, I agree with you--she sounds paranoid -- maybe she is trying to suppress her own feelings. What's that old saying? "The lady doth protest too much, methinks".

ooo h a n t u c h o v a ooo a z a r e n k a ooo s w i l l i a m s ooo v w i l l i a m s ooo k e y s ooo m a t t e k - s a n d s ooo k u z n e t s o v a ooo
matty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote