Goddess in training: Despina Papamichail - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 03:50 PM   #1
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute
Goddess in training: Despina Papamichail

Forget the fact that Despina Papamichail is the next Daniilidou. Shes gonna be better. She just turned 15 in February, and already she has a WTA ranking of 1000. Her career high is 990. She is the number 7 ranked junior in the u16 division in Europe, and remember she JUST turned 15! She is 4-3 in her WTA career. She only played 3 tournaments in her life. She reached the QFs in Porto Rafti 10k, the 2nd round in Goudi 10k, and the 2nd qualifying round in Patras 50k, where she lost to the top seed. Also, she kind of looks like Justine Henin, when Henin had the reddish-brownish hair.

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 06:23 PM   #2
country flag forever_rafter

forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Despina Papamichail

Looks like Henin? Poor girl Sorry my friend but there is only one Eleni Daniilidou in the world and she's not only a very talented player and fun to watch but also one of the most gorgeous female players on the tour. So no way there ever gonna be a new Daniilidou
forever_rafter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 10:07 PM   #3
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! Despina is the 4th youngest player to hold a WTA ranking.

Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 11:42 AM   #4
country flag forever_rafter

forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
Wow! Despina is the 4th youngest player to hold a WTA ranking.
That's great but it doesn't mean that she'll do great in the future. If she stays injury free she has a chance. Many very promising youngsters play below expectations once they compete in wta/atp tournaments. I wish your compatriot all the best but Eleni is Eleni and she's the one we are focused on
forever_rafter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2008, 10:08 PM   #5
country flag hellas719

She is now in the final of a junior tournament in Greece. She will face Eleni Kordolaimi. In her semifinal, she won 6-1, 5-7, 6-2.

Old May 15th, 2008, 09:30 PM   #6
country flag hellas719

She won the Panthessaliko junior cup
6-4, 6-1 in the final.

Old Jul 9th, 2008, 04:40 AM   #7
country flag hellas719

She has lately been having more success in the juniors circuit. She is now number 5 in the tennis europe u-16 ranks.

Old Aug 12th, 2008, 09:25 AM   #8
country flag merda2004

merda2004 has much to be proud of merda2004 has much to be proud of merda2004 has much to be proud of merda2004 has much to be proud of merda2004 has much to be proud of merda2004 has much to be proud of merda2004 has much to be proud of merda2004 has much to be proud of merda2004 has much to be proud of merda2004 has much to be proud of merda2004 has much to be proud of

i think despoina will be a great player but...isnt it time for her to move to one of the great/famous academies abroad?like usa or spain?
Old Aug 15th, 2008, 05:11 AM   #9
country flag hellas719

She should. I dont think she plays well on clay. W/Greeks, clay court talent is a toss-up. She may end up in the USA. I think that she may go to France for some reason.

Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 12:36 AM   #10
country flag hellas719

Despina qualified for 10k Volos. Now, she is #3 in the U16 ranks.

Old Sep 30th, 2008, 09:30 AM   #11
country flag merda2004

merda2004 has much to be proud of merda2004 has much to be proud of merda2004 has much to be proud of merda2004 has much to be proud of merda2004 has much to be proud of merda2004 has much to be proud of merda2004 has much to be proud of merda2004 has much to be proud of merda2004 has much to be proud of merda2004 has much to be proud of merda2004 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_rafter View Post
That's great but it doesn't mean that she'll do great in the future. If she stays injury free she has a chance. Many very promising youngsters play below expectations once they compete in wta/atp tournaments. I wish your compatriot all the best but Eleni is Eleni and she's the one we are focused on

stay focused on eleni?why?what has she done lately to be proud of?nothing!!!
such a talent but....still keep making the wrong decisions etc etc!!!
she needs to try really hard from now on...she needs a wake up call...i really like her and i want her to do well...oh and people stop saying that she will do better next time...etc etc and try to praise her...these kinds of comments are not doing anything...she needs to wake up and see what the reality is!!!!she is out of the top 100 again...
she needs to get a good team around her...good coach and not rely on jaz or whomever!!!she needs a good personal trainer and whatever else she might needs in order to get her where she belongs!!!
Old Sep 30th, 2008, 09:39 AM   #12
country flag merda2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
She should. I dont think she plays well on clay. W/Greeks, clay court talent is a toss-up. She may end up in the USA. I think that she may go to France for some reason.
i am with u...thats why i mentioned that she needs to get to an academy abroad...yes she is a talented young girl but she needs to make her next move now!!!despina if u r reading this think what u want...move from greece...look at sharapova!!!she moved to the us and more specific to one of the best tennis academy and look where she is now!!!

but the problem is that in greece parents dont really want their kids to move from home...another thing is that everyone is thinking about university and how to get a place in one of them...so after a certain age they dont care about sports etc...(hope u know what i mean).
she is very talented (despoina) and her ranking says a lot....so if she really want to do something with her talent then she better move now...while she is still young!!!it will be for the best
Old Oct 8th, 2008, 07:47 PM   #13
country flag hellas719

She lost in R1 of Thessaloniki 10k tgo (1)Meddens 62 60. I thought she would do better. Maybe shes just not a clay court player, like Lena.

Old Oct 8th, 2008, 07:57 PM   #14
country flag Tenisci

Tenisci has a reputation beyond repute Tenisci has a reputation beyond repute Tenisci has a reputation beyond repute Tenisci has a reputation beyond repute Tenisci has a reputation beyond repute Tenisci has a reputation beyond repute Tenisci has a reputation beyond repute Tenisci has a reputation beyond repute Tenisci has a reputation beyond repute Tenisci has a reputation beyond repute Tenisci has a reputation beyond repute

she is a nice girl, keep in touch with her
Tenisci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2008, 08:33 PM   #15
country flag hellas719

Despina qualified for the U16 Masters, and is the 4th seed. Eleni Kordolaimi, and Irini Papageorgiou also qualified.