Sabine's Off-Topic Support Group and Infirmary for Hopeless Cases - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 24th, 2012, 01:17 PM   #16
country flag Lisickifan84

Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all
Re: Sabine's Off-Topic Support Group and Infirmary for Hopeless Cases

By the way, as some of you know I was in Stuttgart. If Sabine was serving and she broke off the ball throw, she said everytime "Sorry". So sweet
I didn't hear that before on TV, so it was funny
Lisickifan84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 24th, 2012, 01:20 PM   #17
country flag maturedgirl

maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisickifan84 View Post
If Sabine was serving and she broke off the ball throw, she said everytime "Sorry". So sweet
well-educated our cheeky girl
maturedgirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2012, 05:44 PM   #18
country flag Ian Aberdon

Ian Aberdon has disabled reputation

Hello. I don't know where to start. At the beginning I guess. I am a Sabineaholic. I know exactly when it started. I caught the tail end of a gorgeous Boom Boom Blonde German girl blasting a Chinese tennis player Li Na out of sight at Wimbledon 2011. I saw her after-match interview. She smiled. I was captivated. I started following her progress. I rejoined tennis forum. I watched her You Tube videos. I started trawling the net for stories of her, pictures of her, ANYTHING of her. I even started following her on Facebook & Twitter. Day & night.

Any--anyway, now, I can't get off the Sabine bandwagon. Every interview, every smile, every word. Every up. Every down. On court, off court, Crown Court. Slam, WTA, Fed Cup.

You see, my fellow Sabine fans, I'm addicted. Is there any cure??????

Anyway, enough about Mike.......

Ich liebe dich nicht, du liebst mich nicht it's a braw moonlicht nicht the nicht
Ian Aberdon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2012, 06:02 PM   #19
country flag Mike81

Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute

Well... most of you've probably read about my story of how I came to follow Sabine so much...

Although the real origin of me starting to really follow her closely came from a pretty random thing.

Soccer World Cup 2010- following the 'Socceroos' first game, we were embarassed 4-0 by the might of Germany. While drowning my sorrows after this loss, I surfed twitter and searched for people talking about the game. I came across a conversation between two tennis players, Sabine Lisicki and Jarka Groth. Sabine was gloating to Jarka about Germany's win, while Jarka replied that she's only Aussie because of her (then) husband

I'd heard of Sabine before and watched a little bit of her in the Hopman Cup, but I wasn't really watching alot of tennis at the time. I wasn't watching FULL matches, I usually preferred to watch cricket instead, which typically was on at the same time as tennis.

I was impressed by the fact that she was active in the social networks and replying to her fans, especially during her injury lay-off in 2010, and I started to discover her youtube videos I thought what a lovely humble young woman she is, with her beautiful smile, laugh and cheeky sense of humour. I also watched videos of previous successes on the court in 2009 in Charleston and Wimbledon and I decided she was the player I wanted to follow. Unfortunately the first FULL Sabine match that I watched (although on replay) Sabine lost to Zvonareva at US Open 2010, clearly she was underdone after her injury lay off.

Then I finally made a twitter account in December 2010 and Sabine was the first person I followed. About the middle of that month, I commented on a photo of her training. I changed my account so I don't have my original tweet, but it was about the first time I saw her was in the Hopman Cup and I started to really love her recently.

Her reply "Thank you! the Hopman Cup is a great tournament, I had alot of fun there "

The rest, as they say, is history

SABINE LISICKI- Wimbledon Quarter Finalist and Hong Kong Champion 2014!!

GENIE BOUCHARD- Australian Open Semi Finalist, French Open Semi Finalist, Wimbledon Finalist and Nuremburg Champion 2014!!
Mike81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2012, 06:23 PM   #20
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

I really dont get why everyone gets all crazy about when they get a retweet or a reply from some player, they just klick retweet on a nice message, or write a short thank you message, thats just 2 seconds of their time and they propably dont do that themself everytime.

Maybe i dont get it, because i never got such a Message myself, do to the fact that i dont send any Tweets to them.
Ziva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2012, 06:25 PM   #21
country flag Ian Aberdon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre View Post
I really dont get why everyone gets all crazy about when they get a retweet or a reply from some player, they just klick retweet on a nice message, or write a short thank you message, thats just 2 seconds of their time and they propably dont do that themself everytime.

Maybe i dont get it, because i never got such a Message myself, do to the fact that i dont send any Tweets to them.
Ah - I think I see your problem! Nurse Sabine will be along soon........

Ich liebe dich nicht, du liebst mich nicht it's a braw moonlicht nicht the nicht
Old Feb 24th, 2012, 06:35 PM   #22
country flag Mike81

Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute

I just shared my honest story. Can't hide the truth. I don't think I'm more important than any fan just because I shared some words with Sabine on the internet several times a month for about 6 months, I was just lucky to have the experience, and certainly most of you guys I'd say have more intricate knowledge of tennis than me. I'm more an expert about Football, Rugby etc than Tennis.

Twitter had alot to do with getting to like Sabine so much originally, which was I became crazy when she no longer would reply to me (besides missing having a beautiful and famous sportswoman pay me attention, which is a very rare opportunity) Alot of the tweets were short thank you's but also a couple of conversations, like about Grammy's and Oscars

But really her life has changed since then and so has mine. I have a job now and I didn't then, she has alot more fame and other commitments than she did then. Some celebs are very interactive on twitter and others aren't, it just depends on how much interaction that she wish to have with fans. She wanted alot for a while and now she prefers not to have as much, it's her choice. I like some people on twitter who never ever reply and some who do quite often. It's just their personal preference, and alot of other people don't have twitter and say they're not interested in getting it.

I held the desire for replies for far too long and that in the end made me frustrated at Sabine. I would prefer the chance to meet her in person one day. I am an aspiring sports journalist, so it would be a dream to interview Sabine one day.

SABINE LISICKI- Wimbledon Quarter Finalist and Hong Kong Champion 2014!!

GENIE BOUCHARD- Australian Open Semi Finalist, French Open Semi Finalist, Wimbledon Finalist and Nuremburg Champion 2014!!

Last edited by Mike81 : Feb 24th, 2012 at 06:40 PM.
Mike81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2012, 09:52 PM   #23
country flag Mojobackhand

Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre View Post

I got a RT and a TY after the Sharapova match. That was pretty cool, I have to admit.

I guess, what happens is this:
As a fan you spend a lot - I mean A LOT - of time cheering, wailing, crying, cheering again and cheering some more for you favourite players. Oh, sometimes you even spend loads and loads of money to be there and cheer for them.
You cheer and you suffer and you stick with'em, right?

It's actually quite nice to get some recognition for your silly fan enthusiasm.

Quote:
Hello. I don't know where to start. At the beginning I guess. I am a Sabineaholic. I know exactly when it started. I caught the tail end of a gorgeous Boom Boom Blonde German girl blasting a Chinese tennis player Li Na out of sight at Wimbledon 2011. I saw her after-match interview. She smiled. I was captivated. I started following her progress. I rejoined tennis forum. I watched her You Tube videos. I started trawling the net for stories of her, pictures of her, ANYTHING of her. I even started following her on Facebook & Twitter. Day & night.

Any--anyway, now, I can't get off the Sabine bandwagon. Every interview, every smile, every word. Every up. Every down. On court, off court, Crown Court. Slam, WTA, Fed Cup.

You see, my fellow Sabine fans, I'm addicted. Is there any cure??????
x2

The four serves on MP.
Breathtaking stuff crowned with a win.
(... and would you believe it, I watched that match for Li Na because I like her, too)

And, no. There is no cure.
But the real question is: Do you want one?

I don't.
Mojobackhand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2012, 10:21 PM   #24
country flag hankmoody

hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojobackhand View Post
And, no. There is no cure.
But the real question is: Do you want one?

I don't
Me neither.

At least not for me.
hankmoody is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2012, 10:52 PM   #25

Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by everythingtaboo View Post
Well usually my therapy after a tough Sabine (or any of my faves for that matter) loss is this:

But I think this thread might be a better/healthier option.

Sorry, guys.
But Sister Sabine recommends Luxusowa - a Polish poison. But healthy if ingested quite advisedly.

Oh, and can Luxusowa please become Badass Bine's sponsor?!
Old Feb 24th, 2012, 11:30 PM   #26
country flag hankmoody

hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojobackhand View Post
Sorry, guys.
But Sister Sabine recommends Luxusowa - a Polish poison. But healthy if ingested quite advisedly.
Thx Doc! Too bad your advice came to late, `cause after her last match I felt badass and ingested it intravenously instead. In retrospect... bad idea!
Old Feb 25th, 2012, 12:32 AM   #27
country flag Steff_forever
GIMME SHELTER

Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute

here I am...

Chin up, Bienchen ! Being outplayed by a clever top5 player when being down mentally and worn out by a cold isn't the worst. Even showing tears on court is acceptable for me. Not for some roboters in TF...
Keep on fighting, Sabine

Angelique Kerber | Ana Ivanovic | Annika Beck

forgive, you will never reach the level of my loyalty for the best that has ever played:
__Steffi forever__

Steff_forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2012, 01:24 AM   #28
country flag hankmoody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steff_forever View Post
here I am...

Chin up, Bienchen ! Being outplayed by a clever top5 player when being down mentally and worn out by a cold isn't the worst. Even showing tears on court is acceptable for me. Not for some roboters in TF...
Keep on fighting, Sabine
Agree! Hope that blood test will provide us, and of course especially her, with a positive (not illness-wise) result! Go Bienchen
Erhol dich in "Dickes B" und dann "so fresh and so clean" ab nach Amiland! Bine
Old Feb 25th, 2012, 06:44 AM   #29
country flag Ian Aberdon

Thank you Dr Steff - I'm cured...not of my Sabine affliction...but I'm cured anyway!

Old Feb 25th, 2012, 08:29 AM   #30

Dr. Steff!

I see Dr. Steff takes care of the really bad cases: VErA ZvONArEvA, DanI HaNTuCHoVa, JEleNa JaNkOvIc!