Erika Hendsel - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 23rd, 2012, 07:51 AM   #91
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Erika Hendsel

Some more mediocre results for Erika but considering her results in the last 2 weeks, I am not too upset. She lost in the QFs of singles to a girl who took a set (6-1) off the top seed and made the SF in doubles before getting smashed by the top seeds
Hopefully she does better in 18s
IS she playing European Championships 14s or 16s and is she going to play Savitaipale as she could qualify or something better there

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 30th, 2012, 01:56 PM   #92
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Erika and Kenneth part of the Tennis Europe 16U team
Here's an article about it
http://www.tenniseurope.org/news_item.aspx?id=64248

Old Jul 4th, 2012, 01:15 PM   #93
country flag chingching

Erika is through to the QF of the European Championships
Sadly she will have to face Tatja there, which given the other players in the quarters is a real disappointment

Anyway, I hop she can replicate her 2 and 1 victory over Tatja at the Alexela Masters, but that was on her best and Tatja's worst surface

In doubles she is partnering Lisanna Pihlak which could be a very good pairing and they have a nice path to the semis where I expect their run to end against either Matojan/Eklund or the Ilves's

She isn't playing mixed

Anyway, hopefully she can do well here and get her Estonian ranking up, which is really important for Pro Circuit until she gets ranked

Sadly she has a national ranking of 8, in which I believe she should be 5
The problem is they don't use ITF Junior rankings, just pros
So Mari Mahoni, Mia Nicole Eklund and Kadi Ilves are all ahead of her because they play more regional tournaments, despite Mia being more than 200 places below her in the ITF Junior Rankings (although Mia has beaten Erika before and may deserve to be higher, especially on Indoor hard) and Kadi and Mari not having CHs inside the top 1000 places

If she wins this tournament though, she could go up to 5th, but thats if Eva doesn't make the final

EDIT: It turns out that Tatja really is Erika's bitch, because their H2H is 5-1 to Erika. The last 3 meetings have been 4 and 0 Erika, 2 and 0 Erika and 2 and 1 Erika, then Tatja won the one before that 4-6 6-4 6-2, then Erika won the others 7-6 6-2 and 6-2 1-6 6-2. Perhaps Tatja's game suits Erika really well as the last 3 have all been since December

Last edited by chingching : Jul 7th, 2012 at 12:10 PM.
Old Jul 7th, 2012, 12:18 PM   #94
country flag chingching

Erika made the Final of the Estonian Championships
These were her wins
R1: (6) Erika Hendsel def. BYE
R2: (6) Erika Hendsel def. Annemai Mutso 6-0 6-3
QF: (6) Erika Hendsel def. (4) Tatjana Vorobjova 6-4 6-0
SF: (6) Erika Hendsel def. Liisa Pajumets
F: (3) Eva Paalma def. (6) Erika Hendsel 6-2 6-2

A really great tournament and IMO had the harder path to the final
A really great win over Tatja, who was the defending champion and coming back from 4-1 down in her SF vs Liisa Pajumets. It's a shame she couldn't win it all but apparently she dropped the ball too short too often and that Eva was agressive and didn't hit very many errors. Hopefully she can carry this momentum into next weeks AOTK Twiga Cup at Tondiraba. Sadly it's on Hard so she will have to adapt to the change in surface quickly

Erika also made the SF of the doubles event with Lisanna Pihlak, winning their QF after having a BYE against the Pajumets sisters 2 and 1 before losing to Mia Nicole Eklund and Julia Matojan who had a great tournament 2 and 0

Erika's ranking will now go up to 6 from 8, a nice improvement

Old Jul 18th, 2012, 09:20 AM   #95
country flag chingching

Erika unfortunately lost first round at AOTK TwigaCup to a qualifier, but that qualifier was her best friend, who won the tournament and is #15 or so in TE U16 rankings

She made the semis in doubles with Lisanna Pihlak before losing to Iryna again

Sadly she is not playing Savitaipale 10K, but maybe next year she will play some more Pro Circuit events

Old Aug 15th, 2012, 01:53 PM   #96
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Become Estonian U16 champion too, beating Vorobjova 63 62 in the final.

Had a relatively trouble free road to the title, except QF where she did beat Jana Kuzovkova 06 62 75
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2012, 08:46 PM   #97
country flag chingching

Well done Erika
She seems to be much better than Tatja, or at least knows how to beat her
Jana Kuzovkova also seems to be a player of the future
I hope she can transition this play onto the Junior Circuit

Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 11:41 AM   #98
country flag chingching

It's time to update Erika's results
Erika made the semis of the 18s Junior Championships before having to forfeit against Tatja, who went on to win the title
Despite this, she destroyed Polina Tsernjak 6-0 6-2 in Round 2 and Lisanna Pihlak 6-1 6-0 in the QFs, which is an especiallygood result. Hopefully she can win a G5 or G4 this year and end the year in the Top 300 This is doable as there are 5 tournaments in the Baltic States + Finland to end the year

She did not compete in Doubles of any kind

She is the 3rd seed for G4 Radenska Cup in Slovenia next week, so hopefully she can have a good showing and push her ranking back into the Top 400

She is unfortunately not on the list for G5 Siauliai where she was a finalist last year, which is bad but also good as it shows her intent to move beyond G5s

Old Aug 27th, 2012, 08:50 PM   #99
country flag chingching

Erika is Top Seed at Radenska Open, her first time
I really hope she can win
It is a 64 Player Draw though, and no BYES so she will have to win more matches, but I can see her doing that

Old Aug 28th, 2012, 08:42 PM   #100
country flag chingching

Erika won her First Round 6-1 6-3
Next she has someone who had never won a singles match at ITF level but won 1 Doubles match
She is also Top Seed in the Doubles with Knutson where they have a BYE in Rd 1
This move was very smart as this G4 is actually weaker than Tatja's G5

Old Aug 30th, 2012, 06:57 AM   #101
country flag chingching

Day got washed out I think as there was no play

Old Aug 30th, 2012, 08:47 AM   #102
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Day got washed out I think as there was no play
Erika won 61 62 in singles and lost in doubles.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2012, 09:39 AM   #103
country flag chingching

Thanks
Her opponents had to play 2 doubles matches in a day and they still lost
How did you find out???
Was it the website???

Old Aug 30th, 2012, 08:44 PM   #104
country flag chingching

Erika lost to Hana Mraz, a girl who had only won 2 G5 matches and none at G4 level before this tournament 6-4 6-3
Better luck next tourney

Old Sep 11th, 2012, 11:12 AM   #105
country flag chingching

Without me even realising, Erika made the final of a G5 last week in Switzerland in Singles and won the Doubles
She lost in the Final 6-7(3) 6-3 6-3
better than her other finals

This week she is playing another G5 in Switzerland and is 3rd Seed in Singles and 2nd Seed in Doubles
Let's hope she can go one further

I hope she can start playing some Pro Events soon as this is when Anett started a few

Erika and Kenneth seem to be out best hopes for the future