Is Doha / Dubai Boring and A Preview of SEWTA In 2013 ??? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: ?

Yes Doha / Dubai Boring And Preview of 2013 SEWTA 7 29.17%
Yes Doha / Dubai Boring But 2013 SEWTA Will Be Better 5 20.83%
I Love 2012 Doha / Dubai ... Give Me More 12 50.00%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 20th, 2012, 04:39 PM   #1
country flag SAISAI-GOAT

SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute
Is Doha / Dubai Boring and A Preview of SEWTA In 2013 ???

these are two of the biggest tournaments on the SEWTA calendar ... Doha as a Premier 5 and Dubai as a Premier with the prize money of a Premier 5

but somehow I am not very excited by these tournaments at all

the absense of Serena, Kim, Na and Venus (who may all retire by 2013)
the absense of Petra and Maria (who won't ever play a heavy schedule)
the absense of Petko (a player with personality)
the uselessness of Golden Flowers Jie and Shuai (struggling with injury)

leaves Vika to dominate the tour like a GOAT
Aga winning early rounds easily but then failing against injured Vika
Sam 3/5 of the way to completing the Stosur P5 slam (losing in the final of all 5 P5)
and our Princess Karolina struggling to win matches

no matter how the SEWTA tries to spin it, this does not look good for the future of the SEWTA
Tennis Tipping GOATs - HAOCHEN-GOAT SAISAI-GOAT, Doubles Champs XWTA Wuhan P5 900
Tennis Tipping Faves - Frederik Igorche Inger67 joe87 Kəv kfh_9118 Michael! M.P New_balls_please
Tennis Tipping GOAT Armada Inger67 SAISAI-GOAT, Doubles Champs Shenzhen AO WC Playoff
SAISAI-GOAT is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 20th, 2012, 04:44 PM   #2
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is Doha / Dubai Boring and A Preview of SEWTA In 2013 ???

I like it more this way, so no.
Old Feb 20th, 2012, 04:50 PM   #3
country flag Siderophyre

Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future

Hey it ain't all bad. I thought there were lots of good, competitive 3-set matches in Doha this year. I happily watched hours of coverage last week.

We have to get used to the absence of Serena, Venus and Kim - let's face it. The real shame is that Kvitova hasn't played - that's the real loss.

It's later than you think...
Siderophyre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2012, 04:57 PM   #4
country flag AliceMariaRenka

AliceMariaRenka has much to be proud of AliceMariaRenka has much to be proud of AliceMariaRenka has much to be proud of AliceMariaRenka has much to be proud of AliceMariaRenka has much to be proud of AliceMariaRenka has much to be proud of AliceMariaRenka has much to be proud of AliceMariaRenka has much to be proud of AliceMariaRenka has much to be proud of AliceMariaRenka has much to be proud of AliceMariaRenka has much to be proud of

What's wrong with them? Ive enjoyed all of Qatar and am enjoying today's Dubai!

You're moaning about absent players which happens at most tournaments! The truth is those players that only play now and then are pretty much irrelevant now and should retire. If that means you lose interest in the Tour then in some ways that's natural as old fans fade with the old players and new fans take interest with the new players. I mean while I like Kim, Serena and Venus they arent why I became so interested in the Tour and I don't really miss the fact they never play.
AliceMariaRenka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2012, 05:00 PM   #5
tejmeglekvár
CFO

tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute

na-mug is jelly.
Old Feb 20th, 2012, 05:01 PM   #6
country flag Roookie

Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute

I just realized Doha is a Premier 5 this season
Roookie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2012, 05:02 PM   #7
country flag Mynarco
Thank You For The Music

Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute

better than Beijing
Singles (CHR#17) - Copenhagen 10 ; Beijing 11 ; Pattaya 12
Doubles (CHR#10) - Cincinnati 09 (w/Drake1980) ; Auckland+Copenhagen 10 (w/Richie's) ; Palermo 11 (w/Richie's) ; Stuttgart+Baku 12 (w/Richie's) ; Palermo 13 (w/Richie's) ; Monterrey 14 (w/Adrian.) USO 14 (w/Frederik)

Mynarco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2012, 05:03 PM   #8
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

what is SEWTA?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2012, 05:14 PM   #9
country flag flareon

flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute

*** Spam Thread ***
TT 2013: Won 25k Rancho Santa Fe DW/Phil=)
TT 2014: 1/2 Kuala Lumpur Singles,Won WTA FlorianapolisDW/Phil=),25k NottinghamDW/Phil=),F Istanbul 50kDW/Phil=)
flareon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2012, 05:16 PM   #10
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute

its only cos he's missing Na Mug
and Zheng lost in Q
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2012, 05:16 PM   #11
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

For the love of god, drop the SEWTA shit, that's not the name of the tour anymore.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2012, 05:21 PM   #12
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roookie View Post
I just realized Doha is a Premier 5 this season
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2012, 05:28 PM   #13
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

I like Dubai, Doha is pretty dull.

Both of them pwn Beijing though.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2012, 05:30 PM   #14
country flag SAISAI-GOAT

SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
For the love of god, drop the SEWTA shit, that's not the name of the tour anymore.
why don't you tell the SEWTA that

on their website this is the link for this week's Dubai draw

http://www.wtatennis.com/SEWTATour-Archive/posting/2012/718/MDS.pdf
Tennis Tipping GOATs - HAOCHEN-GOAT SAISAI-GOAT, Doubles Champs XWTA Wuhan P5 900
Tennis Tipping Faves - Frederik Igorche Inger67 joe87 Kəv kfh_9118 Michael! M.P New_balls_please
Tennis Tipping GOAT Armada Inger67 SAISAI-GOAT, Doubles Champs Shenzhen AO WC Playoff
Old Feb 20th, 2012, 05:31 PM   #15
country flag SAISAI-GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desuetude View Post
I like Dubai, Doha is pretty dull.

Both of them pwn Beijing though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrono! View Post
better than Beijing
Beijing was much better with Na, Petra, Jie, Petko and pre-tournament fave Yue Yue in the main draw