Julia in Dubai - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 20th, 2012, 08:05 AM   #16
country flag _inocencia_

_inocencia_ is a name known to all _inocencia_ is a name known to all _inocencia_ is a name known to all _inocencia_ is a name known to all _inocencia_ is a name known to all _inocencia_ is a name known to all _inocencia_ is a name known to all _inocencia_ is a name known to all _inocencia_ is a name known to all _inocencia_ is a name known to all _inocencia_ is a name known to all
Re: Julia in Dubai

and (bookies) why is sexlana favorite in this match

this is like wide open match, could go both ways
_inocencia_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 20th, 2012, 01:20 PM   #17
country flag JeLeNaJfAn
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

JeLeNaJfAn has much to be proud of JeLeNaJfAn has much to be proud of JeLeNaJfAn has much to be proud of JeLeNaJfAn has much to be proud of JeLeNaJfAn has much to be proud of JeLeNaJfAn has much to be proud of JeLeNaJfAn has much to be proud of JeLeNaJfAn has much to be proud of JeLeNaJfAn has much to be proud of JeLeNaJfAn has much to be proud of JeLeNaJfAn has much to be proud of

Sauschweres Los. Schade! Aber daraus kann man nur Profit schlagen. Vielleicht gibt Vika ja noch auf.
Man weiß ja nie...

ANGELIQUE KERBER
JeLeNaJfAn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2012, 04:30 PM   #18
country flag SeMany

SeMany is a splendid one to behold SeMany is a splendid one to behold SeMany is a splendid one to behold SeMany is a splendid one to behold SeMany is a splendid one to behold SeMany is a splendid one to behold SeMany is a splendid one to behold SeMany is a splendid one to behold SeMany is a splendid one to behold SeMany is a splendid one to behold SeMany is a splendid one to behold

gant großes lob an julia für ihren kampfgeist...nach so einer schwachen vorstellung 1,5 sätze lang, sehr gut gefightet

aber es ist schon krass: lisicki und görges sind in der lage mit ganz schwachem tennis eine ehemalige weltranglistenzweite noch abzufangen...kusnetzowa ist durch und wird sich im einzel vermutlich nicht für olympia qualifizieren
SeMany is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2012, 04:42 PM   #19
country flag _inocencia_

_inocencia_ is a name known to all _inocencia_ is a name known to all _inocencia_ is a name known to all _inocencia_ is a name known to all _inocencia_ is a name known to all _inocencia_ is a name known to all _inocencia_ is a name known to all _inocencia_ is a name known to all _inocencia_ is a name known to all _inocencia_ is a name known to all _inocencia_ is a name known to all

i'm better than bookies, am I ?
Old Feb 20th, 2012, 04:43 PM   #20
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

Great fight from Julia
mk27 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2012, 04:43 PM   #21
country flag Nalby fan

Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold

Just had to drop by and say how impressed I was by Julia today. She had a head full of cold,and couldn't find her range at all as the ball kept flying long off her strings. Despite this,she never stopped fighting,and gained her reward as Sveta crumbled in the crucial moments.

Great stuff Jules. hopefully this will really kickstart her season.
Nalby fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2012, 05:05 PM   #22
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

Good fight from Julia here!
First set was horrible, serve wasn´t effective and she made too many mistakes, but it is difficult for her when she plays someone like Sveta, as she plays fast as well and she just has that huge swing on her fh and her bh isn´t her best stroke anyway.
Sveta played quite good anyway but Julia didn´t even give her much chances to make errors anyway but Kuznetsova isn´t able to play on a consistent level these days.
Not satisfied with the way Julia played at 3-3 right after she broke herself, really lucky here that Sveta gave her the break right back with some terrible play. But as I said, good fight at least and good play in 3rd set, especially serve was much better then and also less errors, last service game was as well but Sveta helped her with errors again.
But anyway, I hope that such wins will help Julia to be more confident in such situations in future to avoid defeats like against Zakopalova or Lepchenko where she had all chances to win as well.

Good points here again, a win over a former top 10 player and GS champion, always nice, I don´t see any chance against Azarenka but Julia wouldn´t be the first one who loses like 26 16 to Azarenka these days
Hope she can show some good play there at least!
Michael! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2012, 05:26 PM   #23
country flag Rovegun

Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold

what a fight from Julia! so happy she was able to be through... it was a very tough match against Sveta but Julia fought until the end and it paid off... that´s exactly what we wanted to see... you don´t have to beat your opponents with hundred winners whenever you come out on court sometimes it´s important to win ugly...

I don´t reckon anything against Vika because she´s like a machine these days... she really starts reminding me of Djoker in last year... Julia has nothing to lose there´s no pressure in her head she can just go out and try her best...
Rovegun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2012, 05:58 PM   #24
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Julia Great fight
Old Feb 20th, 2012, 06:08 PM   #25
country flag Johnbert

Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of

couldn't see the match, but good result for lovely jules

now beat vika
Johnbert is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2012, 06:31 PM   #26
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really happy Julia won, what a great surprise -- unfortunately had to do something so couldn't stay to see the end of the match but what a pleasant surprise.

First set Kuzzie was really outplaying Julia, she was forcing Julia to play late, putting her out of position etc... so Julia couldn't really find a something hopefully Sveta always has this mental letdowns and from 3-2 if I remember well, Sveta was allowing Julia more time with her shots whilst also making lots of unforced errors and all of a sudden Julia was showing all the extents of what she can do. Great match.

Now agaisnt Victoria lol should be another story -- lost to her 2 consecutive times already and Vika is going to take a lot a lot of time away from Julia just like Sveta did for one set and 3 games and play very consistent tennis. I just hope she gives her best and make the match close.

It's really sad Julia has to wait to be in these kinds of categories of difficult draws to play good, I really wished she showed the same implication even against player who do not have big names.
Vikapower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2012, 07:27 PM   #27
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Great fight against Sexlana, Julia!

Very happy Julia won this match, important for her confidence

Dubai R2 vs world #1 Azarenka. Please win 1 game

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2012, 08:47 PM   #28
country flag _inocencia_

Quote:
Originally Posted by rucolo View Post
Great fight against Sexlana, Julia!

Very happy Julia won this match, important for her confidence

Dubai R2 vs world #1 Azarenka. Please win 1 game
she'll win 3 games, don't worry

i see people talking that jule beating sexlana is surpise
it was 50-50, come on, wide open match. i was very surprised to see 1.45 on sveta in my country
Old Feb 20th, 2012, 09:23 PM   #29
country flag silesia

silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael! View Post
I hope that such wins will help Julia to be more confident in such situations in future to avoid defeats like against Zakopalova or Lepchenko where she had all chances to win as well.
This is it, she must be more confident.

also her mainly problem in this match [beside Kuznetsowa's high spin] was, that she was to late to the balls. Since Craybas is playing the same tournaments, Julia's new fitnesscoach raj chaudhuri sits with sascha in the box, and they discuss the match (here and in Paris). But I don't see any improvement in her footwork yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovegun
that´s exactly what we wanted to see... you don´t have to beat your opponents with hundred winners whenever you come out on court sometimes it´s important to win ugly
Agreed
silesia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2012, 09:50 PM   #30
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

From Dubai homepage

http://www.dubaidutyfreetennischampi...ing-Debut.aspx

Her clash with Azarenka promises to be quite a battle as Goerges bids to inflict a first defeat of the season on the world number one. "Victoria Azarenka is undefeated in her 17 matches this season, winning not only the Australian Open but tournaments in Sydney and Doha," said Tournament Director Salah Tahlak. "At the same time, Julia Goerges has proved she is in excellent form this week, and it will be fascinating to see which player will emerge as the winner from what is bound to be a well-contested match."

Blimey ! Finally some real experts.

Last edited by joy division : Feb 20th, 2012 at 09:56 PM.
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote