2012 Dubai - Page 9 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 01:51 PM   #121
country flag everythingtaboo

everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold
Re: 2012 Dubai

Twitter:
I won 63 63 and got my revenge for the fed cup loss 2 weeks ago!! It's nice to get a revenge quickly :-) LOL

Had a great press conference after the match- talking 2min about the match and the other 10 about life :-) it was fun!

So next up is A.Radwanska who I was suppose to play in the 1st rd. I haven't played a right handed since the Aussie open! The entire month

I played against left handed girls... :-) do finally a righty tomorrow ;-)
(seriously?)

Kfish_wta:
Just finished what was arguably the best press conference of 2012 with @sabinelisicki - Great Stuff

There better be a transcript of this press conference.

Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 01:54 PM   #122
country flag Rovegun

Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by everythingtaboo View Post
Twitter:
I won 63 63 and got my revenge for the fed cup loss 2 weeks ago!! It's nice to get a revenge quickly :-)

LOL
Sorry Sab, but an away from home win is still much bigger than todays one but I will still cheer for Sabine against Aga
Rovegun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 02:17 PM   #123
country flag maturedgirl

maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Kfish_wta:
Just finished what was arguably the best press conference of 2012 with @sabinelisicki - Great Stuff

even better a vid
maturedgirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 02:27 PM   #124
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Sabine Lisicki @sabinelisicki
Vielen Dank an alle deutschen Fans die mich heute hier in Dubai
unterstützt haben-ihr wart Super!!! hoffe ich sehe euch morgen
wieder

Many thanks to all German fans who supported me here today in Dubai-you were super!!! hope I see you tomorrow again

Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 04:22 PM   #125
country flag Sabinator.

Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute

Sooooo happy! She finally DID IT! She finally breaks a losing streak! Thank God!

Good luck against Aga, should be very interesting match!

Magdalena Rybarikova * Su-Wei Hsieh * Jie Zheng * Jamie Hampton * Mathilde Johansson * Mona Barthel * Aleksandra Wozniak
Andrea Petkovic * Jana Cepelova * Petra Cetkovska * Jovana Jaksic * Karolina Pliskova * Svetlana Kuznetsova * Yvonne Meusburger * Francesca Schiavone
Sabinator. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 04:40 PM   #126
country flag lovethetennis

lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold

Finally So great to see a straight sets win from Sabine
Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 05:15 PM   #127
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Twitter:
I won 63 63 and got my revenge for the fed cup loss 2 weeks ago!! It's nice to get a revenge quickly :-) LOL

Had a great press conference after the match- talking 2min about the match and the other 10 about life :-) it was fun!

So next up is A.Radwanska who I was suppose to play in the 1st rd. I haven't played a right handed since the Aussie open! The entire month

I played against left handed girls... :-) do finally a righty tomorrow ;-)
(seriously?)

Kfish_wta:

First to say hi to everybody, since it's my first post in Sabine's thread

Second, she finally scored a win Yay, it was about time, an entire month since the previous one I would love it if somebody from that conference would decide to post a script, or the better option-the video itself I mean, why bother having a press conference, if you don't share it with fans later?

As for her match against Radwanska, she is more than beatable. She plays what I call "pushing tennis", she basically just gets the ball back in the court, and it doesn't matter how, which I think really suits Sabine's aggressive style And plus, Aga's performance in the first round against Wozniak was just...

Good luck in your next match Sabine And hopefully, you'll get through to the semis
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 05:22 PM   #128
country flag maturedgirl

maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold

Second match tomorrow and will be streamed

So excited watching her playing a great match hopefully ...

1 or 2 pm german time

Last edited by maturedgirl : Feb 22nd, 2012 at 05:39 PM.
maturedgirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 05:37 PM   #129
country flag Ian Aberdon

Ian Aberdon has disabled reputation

Pessimistic...moi???

Good win Sabs, please keep it up!

Ich liebe dich nicht, du liebst mich nicht it's a braw moonlicht nicht the nicht
Ian Aberdon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 06:09 PM   #130
country flag Mojobackhand

Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabinator. View Post
Sooooo happy! She finally DID IT! She finally breaks a losing streak! Thank God!
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerangkid View Post
Second match tomorrow and will be streamed

So excited watching her playing a great match hopefully ...

1 or 2 pm german time

You guys... you are too cute, really!

Here is something for you, party people!

Mojobackhand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 06:32 PM   #131
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

Good win for Sabine!
But I think that some users (won´t mention names) who say that people here are sometimes too negative are just wrong.
For sure FedCup was a different situations and Sabine had much less pressure here today and it is obvious then that she is better player than Benesova.
But that is a general problem of Sabine, she often wants too much, expects too much and then she gets too tight.
Today was the first time since NY, I think, that she didnt get broken in a match and that is a really positive sign.
1st service % was good, service stats were obviously good and she never seemed to be in danger and I just hope that this win gave her some confidence back as it is important for Sabine to get more consistent, especially on serve.
So that win was a step into the right direction again and also really important for her ranking as she really needed some points, we´ll see if she can beat Radwanska, definitely an advantage for her that she played Benesova now before.
Sabine is unpredictable, could be that she is suddenly now full of confidence again and then she has all chances to beat Radwanska when her service is on and when she doesn´t make too many errors from the baseline.
I hope for a good match, that is most important for Sabine right now, that she is able again to play on a decent level for longer time and not only for one match.
Michael! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 07:43 PM   #132
country flag hankmoody

hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all

Nice win
And tomorrows match will be on ESP! Yeah

Quote:
They`ll propably post it here tomorrow:
http://www.dubaidutyfreetennischampi...anscripts.aspx
hankmoody is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 07:48 PM   #133
country flag Mojobackhand

Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael! View Post
Good win for Sabine!
But I think that some users (won´t mention names) who say that people here are sometimes too negative are just wrong.
Well, I guess I'm a positive thinker. And now I can say: Told ya! Told ya!

Quote:
But that is a general problem of Sabine, she often wants too much, expects too much and then she gets too tight.
Hmm, I guess that's a general problem with most players. You seldom see players with nerves of steel nowadays.
Plus: I think she is in a new position now, ranked 13 is huge for her. She is not that comeback player anymore form last year, who is out there to "have fun" and "has nothing to lose". She can lose big time in the next month, and she knows it. Of course, she gets tight. She not only has to build her game, but the confidence in her game.

Quote:
Today was the first time since NY, I think, that she didnt get broken in a match and that is a really positive sign.
Really? Wow! That's indeed really good.

Quote:
1st service % was good, service stats were obviously good and she never seemed to be in danger and I just hope that this win gave her some confidence back as it is important for Sabine to get more consistent, especially on serve.
I slightly disagree. The first set could have gone either way until the important break (at least of what I saw - friggin LS!! ). Sabine's service games went to deuce very often, I think Benesova had 2 BP and couldn't convert them.
The second set is a completely different story. 1st serve was up at 82% at some point. Her return game was much better.
I think that was the confidence that suddenly kicked in. Which is really, really good to see (again - friggin LS! ).

Quote:
So that win was a step into the right direction again and also really important for her ranking as she really needed some points, we´ll see if she can beat Radwanska, definitely an advantage for her that she played Benesova now before.
Sabine is unpredictable, could be that she is suddenly now full of confidence again and then she has all chances to beat Radwanska when her service is on and when she doesn´t make too many errors from the baseline.
I hope for a good match, that is most important for Sabine right now, that she is able again to play on a decent level for longer time and not only for one match.
Yup, she is, but I say, give her some time to get used to that position/ranking. It gets to your head, I guess, makes you excited, makes you anxious at times.
Sorry, if that's my optimism speaking. But I'm a believer. Otherwise i couldn't watch this sport, I guess.

(BTW love your avatar. )
Mojobackhand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 08:11 PM   #134
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Nice revenge

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 09:32 PM   #135
country flag Mike81

Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future

Well it's nice to wake up to this news. So she carried on with her momentum from the first set this time and got some revenge on Benesova

Also I'll be interested to read a transcript of that press conference!

GENIE BOUCHARD- Australian Open Semi Finalist, French Open Semi Finalist, Wimbledon Finalist and Nuremburg Champion 2014!!

SABINE LISICKI- Wimbledon Quarter Finalist and Miami Doubles Champion 2014!!
Mike81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote