2012 Dubai - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 19th, 2012, 12:01 PM   #31
country flag everythingtaboo

everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold
Re: 2012 Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerlinPower View Post

Here it's only about tennis not about life so, no reason for black mood or praying ceremonies
Right? Haha!

So back on topic, is Sabine playing doubles with Kiri again? I hope so.

Old Feb 19th, 2012, 12:12 PM   #32
country flag Mojobackhand

Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
an out of form 'tennis player'
Why is "tennis player" single quoted? She hasn't retired yet... unlike some 'fans'.
Not saying I know what was going on in the 2nd and 3rd set of the last matches, but out of form? She looks very fit to me, more than last summer IMHO.

Quote:
No loss in straight sets and two of these losses against top players like Sharapova and Kvitova.
Pova and Kvity are not No. 2 and 3 for no reason. Why would we expect her to win these matches easily or win at all? We know she has the game to do it, but why take it for granted? Ah, I know, because we are her fans and that is our job, because we want her to win!!
Whatever it is, nervousness/mental weakness or inexperience or maybe just a temporary low (it happens!!), I'm sure they are working on it.

The draw is not nice. But she can beat Aga (who completely threw away a very possible SF win against an injured Azarenka... wonder if her fans are right now discussing Aga's mental instability in her forum?).

If Sabine cannot win one single match in the next three weeks, we talk again. But having said that... just to let you know: I endured Sam Stosur's really, really bad up-and down-but-more-down slumping last spring and summer. She was out of Wimby and Stanford after one match and guess what? A month later she was a GS champ. Yep, sometimes you have to stay calm and just carry on. Thick and thin, remember?

Last edited by Mojobackhand : Feb 19th, 2012 at 12:20 PM.
Mojobackhand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2012, 12:24 PM   #33
country flag Specter
★ ★ ★ ★

Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by everythingtaboo View Post
Right? Haha!

So back on topic, is Sabine playing doubles with Kiri again? I hope so.
Yup, Kiricki are on again. Unfortunately, they'll likely face Huber/Raymond in 2R.
Old Feb 19th, 2012, 12:26 PM   #34
country flag Lisickifan84

Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojobackhand View Post
Why is "tennis player" single quoted? She hasn't retired yet... unlike some 'fans'.
Not saying I know what was going on in the 2nd and 3rd set of the last matches, but out of form? She looks very fit to me, more than last summer IMHO.

Pova and Kvity are not No. 2 and 3 for no reason. Why would we expect her to win these matches easily or win at all? We know she has the game to do it, but why take it for granted? Ah, I know, because we are her fans and that is our job, because we want her to win!!
Whatever it is, nervousness/mental weakness or inexperience or maybe just a temporary low (it happens!!), I'm sure they are working on it.

The draw is not nice. But she can beat Aga (who completely threw away a very possible SF win against an injured Azarenka... wonder if her fans are right now discussing Aga's mental instability in her forum?).

If Sabine cannot win one single match in the next three weeks, we talk again. But having said that... just to let you know: I endured Sam Stosur's really, really bad up-and down-but-more-down slumping last spring and summer. She was out of Wimby and Stanford after one match and guess what? A month later she was a GS champ. Yep, sometimes you have to stay calm and just carry on. Thick and thin, remember?

There has to be a bit more optmistic here.
Lisickifan84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2012, 12:27 PM   #35
country flag Geekking

Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of

Why Sabine and Sam are not playing doubles anymore?
Geekking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2012, 12:43 PM   #36
country flag hankmoody

hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekking View Post
Why Sabine and Sam are not playing doubles anymore?
Because of the OG I assume?
It`s just strange, that Sabine doesn`t try to find a german doubles partner for that?
Maybe she want`s to play just singles there?
hankmoody is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2012, 01:03 PM   #37

Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike81 View Post
Because a few prudes like to point out to me that she is a tennis player and not 'some media girl' when I make comments on liking some of her photos, videos and her looks. They thumbs down my videos and mock my collages. Maybe they are too daft to realise the reality of marketing and that there is the tennis player and also the media personality that attracts fans to women's tennis as well. It's not like I'm the only one who became attracted to women's tennis for the good looking players and their unique personalities.

and once again I have good reason to like her less now due to being talked about without my knowledge on her private FB. But I'll still be interested to see how $abine goes against Aga.

Adoration is all ok. I never bad rep'd your pics or videos. I admire some good looking players, too - for their good looks. I admire them more for their work ethic and discipline and passion.

And I understand that sex sells. Yep, that's reality. And you know what? F**k it. F**k the WTA when they think that's the only way to market womens' tennis.

But are you saying that you are ok with being easily manipulated and that you enjoy it that the WTA decided to get male viewers by dolling up the players or market the good looking ones while ignoring the not so good lookers (E.g. Strong is beautiful campaign)?
That is IMHO disrespectful to those players you call your faves. And to womens' tennis in general. It's a sport, not a catwalk.
Old Feb 19th, 2012, 01:11 PM   #38

everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
and once again I have good reason to like her less now due to being talked about without my knowledge on her private FB. But I'll still be interested to see how $abine goes against Aga.
If you don't like her anymore then why still come to the Sabine forum?
Old Feb 19th, 2012, 01:12 PM   #39
country flag Ian Aberdon

Ian Aberdon has disabled reputation

Mike.....how do you KNOW she has spoken about you on her Private FB? Is there any actual EVIDENCE of this?

Ich liebe dich nicht, du liebst mich nicht it's a braw moonlicht nicht the nicht
Ian Aberdon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2012, 01:13 PM   #40

Quote:
Adoration is all ok. I never bad rep'd your pics or videos. I admire some good looking players, too - for their good looks. I admire them more for their work ethic and discipline and passion.

And I understand that sex sells. Yep, that's reality. And you know what? F**k it. F**k the WTA when they think that's the only way to market womens' tennis.

But are you saying that you are ok with being easily manipulated and that you enjoy it that the WTA decided to get male viewers by dolling up the players or market the good looking ones while ignoring the not so good lookers (E.g. Strong is beautiful campaign)?
That is IMHO disrespectful to those players you call your faves. And to womens' tennis in general. It's a sport, not a catwalk.
Well said.
Old Feb 19th, 2012, 01:16 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andman View Post
Because of the OG I assume?
It`s just strange, that Sabine doesn`t try to find a german doubles partner for that?
Maybe she want`s to play just singles there?
Looks like it, no?

But I'm telling you... *looks into the crystal ball and mumbling* ... with the horrifying slump and bad form continuing she will poop out of Wimby in the 1st round and with her ranking having dropped to 173 again, she will not participate in the OG but instead it will be Mona Barthel, who will also win the doubles title with Angie Kerber and Sabine will decide to give up on her singles career, and instead will build a moderately successful doubles career with ALG while breeding Yorkshire Terriers in her part time, of which she now has plenty.

Yes, still time to get off that bandwagon, you guys.
Old Feb 19th, 2012, 01:18 PM   #42
country flag Ian Aberdon

Ian Aberdon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Looks like it, no?

But I'm telling you... *looks into the crystal ball and mumbling* ... with the horrifying slump and bad form continuing she will poop out of Wimby in the 1st round and with her ranking having dropped to 173 again, she will not participate in the OG but instead it will be Mona Barthel, who will also win the doubles title with Angie Kerber and Sabine will decide to give up on her singles career, and instead will build a moderately successful doubles career with ALG while breeding Yorkshire Terriers in her part time, of which she now has plenty.
Yes, still time to get off that bandwagon, you guys.
I can see this!

Ich liebe dich nicht, du liebst mich nicht it's a braw moonlicht nicht the nicht
Ian Aberdon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2012, 01:20 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter View Post
Yup, Kiricki are on again. Unfortunately, they'll likely face Huber/Raymond in 2R.
Sabine need's to follow Sania's bad ass method at 5:00.

Old Feb 19th, 2012, 01:22 PM   #44
country flag Specter
★ ★ ★ ★

Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Because a few prudes like to point out to me that she is a tennis player and not 'some media girl' when I make comments on liking some of her photos, videos and her looks. They thumbs down my videos and mock my collages. Maybe they are too daft to realise the reality of marketing and that there is the tennis player and also the media personality that attracts fans to women's tennis as well. It's not like I'm the only one who became attracted to women's tennis for the good looking players and their unique personalities.

Quote:
I was told by my haters that Sabine herself disapproves of me (curious why she didn't block me or maybe the haters exaggerate, I guess it's because $abine likes to keep those follower numbers as high as possible ) and I also lose respect for $abine due to her behaviour and attitude lately on the court. Sorana may well be the kind of person, I thought Sabine was. I think she is more down to earth and REAL than smiley sweetheart $abine.

Yes, I am deliberately spelling her name with a $ at the start
What's with all of this "$abine" business? Are you calling her a sellout and a fake because she doesn't reply to you anymore or something? Some fan you are.
Old Feb 19th, 2012, 01:24 PM   #45

TIME FOR MORE BADASS!!!

But honestly... I do believe that is the way. Badass gets the job dunn.