2012 Dubai - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 02:57 PM   #151
country flag Vidocq

Vidocq is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2012 Dubai

As Lisicki being my favourite tennis player, I can say I'm pretty disappointed with her performances in last 3 or 4 tournaments or more.

I did watch the match today, and is obvious that Radwanska didn't win it, Sabine lost it.

Radwanska just make sure that her balls remain in play, and Sabine was hitting them in the net or below the net, and when she manage to beat the net, many of that balls are called out.

Her service wasn't helping her either.

I hope we will soon watch Sabine in her best, I can guarantee that her best display is enough to beat radwanska best play.
Vidocq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 03:05 PM   #152
country flag Lisickifan84

Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviemac View Post
We should hope so, I guess. She seemed so powerless today. Predictably, in livescoring they called her a BBB again, but she didn't bash any balls today. Her game was so slow and still most balls didn't make it over the net or into the court.
First thought was, that she wants to be more patient in rallys because Aga doesn't make many errors. But Sabine was obviously not in a good shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviemac View Post
I don't think so. At least, that can't be the only reason. She moved badly from the beginning and struggled with her serve from the first point played. So.
The same thing as every match. First service game, at least it includes: double faults, aces, breakpoints, game points, deuce. That is just Sabine at the moment.
Lisickifan84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 03:08 PM   #153
country flag hankmoody

hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerangkid View Post
was obviously not a mental problem that affected her game today but really physical probs, slow movements, low energy, weakness from the leggs, typical viruslike symptoms (not being a doctor) so sorry for her

Yep, I saw it the same way, she really seemed to be quite weakened by the virus.
You could see her coughing throughout the match.
And according to the Commentator (not sure if he heard it right) she told Aga after the match, that she would rather not hug her, because she`s sick.

That ancle-thing really didn`t seem to be that bad, maybe she got a bit scared, but I don`t think that she was bothered to much by that?

Well, now she has time to rest up and get healthy.
hankmoody is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 03:13 PM   #154
country flag maturedgirl

maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold

probably she's like me a "Sommertyp" (didn't find an englisch expr.,sorry!), who struggles with winter sleep. For "us" it's hard to raise full energy when normally we need our winter sleep

Last year she had the same problems to get cracking

It's in her nature, USA, summer and heat will come and she will break through...dont't like the Doha/Dubai either...
maturedgirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 03:21 PM   #155

Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all

Quote:
probably she's like me a "Sommertyp" (didn't find an englisch expr.,sorry!), who struggles with winter sleep. For "us" it's hard to raise full energy when normally we need our winter sleep

It's in her nature, USA, summer and heat will come and she will break through...dont't like the Doha/Dubai either...
I know the reason! She needs the crowd that call her name and not an empty stadium...
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 03:30 PM   #156
country flag maturedgirl

maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisickifan84 View Post
I know the reason! She needs the crowd that call her name and not an empty stadium...
Yep the crowd there was poor
People in Dubai have to spend the days at the beach...

to come in the evening to support grandma-tennis by wozzy
maturedgirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 03:37 PM   #157
country flag everythingtaboo

everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Nah. She did well at AO. I think it might be the transition from Aussie Summer - European Winter that messes her up. It does that to a lot of players.
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 03:43 PM   #158

Quote:
Yep the crowd there was poor
People in Dubai have to spend the days at the beach...
Which crowd?

Quote:
to come in the evening to support grandma-tennis by wozzy

But grandma-tennis-Wozzy wins her match
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 04:33 PM   #159
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael! View Post
Terrible match from Sabine!
I guess that her injury isn´t that serious, I mean, she wouldn´t risk another serious ankle injury anyway and she didn´t even call the trainer, so it can´t be too serious IMO.
I think her virus still affects her as well, I just was able to watch it a bit, I mean, I hope that sth (some little thing) was wrong actually as this would explain at least some things.

Bad movement and over 40 UEs in 15 games, that must be one of the worst matches of her ever, especially as she made so many cheap errors, right after her serve, sometimes she just tried then to hit the ball back with much spin to keep herself in the rallies but whenever she played with more power she made an error again.
Radwanska had to do nothing to win today.

Positive thing is that she beat Benesova here and got some nice points.
Now she should recover and then prepare for IW and Miami, to be 100% fit there ( should be possible if there isn´t any new injury) and then she can only get better again with playing matches and with some wins.

This isn´t a new situation for Sabine, she obviously isn´t able to play on a consistent level for a whole season ( due to different reasons) and this is sth which she has to work on obviously. No need to mention that a Plan B would help her as well, she just is too easy to beat once her "normal" game doesnt work.

But as always when it is about Sabine, health is most important for her and she will have some better results again in future for sure, just in doubt yet if she can avoid those heavy up´s and down´s in her game in future as lately she obviously wasn´t playing like a world no.13 for most of the time.
Excellent post. Everything you wrote is true. Luckily for me, I had school so I didn't watch the match, I only saw Sabine winning the game at 0:5 in the second (at least she didn't get bageled ), and the final game. Now she has two weeks to recover and prepare, and hopefully she'll do well in IW and Miami C'mon Sabine, it's time to get out of your hibernation and start playing tennis again

Last edited by Tennisvampire : Feb 23rd, 2012 at 04:41 PM.
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 04:38 PM   #160
country flag cosmoose

cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute

Sabine just tweeted that she is going to have blood test to see why she feels so weak.
Poor Bine

Check out Stefanie Vögele's facebook fanpage!
cosmoose is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 04:42 PM   #161
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Hi everyone, I´m sorry for todays match. Having a little bit of a tough time since I got the virus at Fed Cup. I will go home now to see the doctors and make some blood tests to see why I feel so weak. Hope to be back to normal soon. Thx for your support!

Quote from Sabine's Facebook page. Blood tests? I really hope that she didn't catch anything serious
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 05:11 PM   #162
country flag Mojobackhand

Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold

Mojobackhand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 05:15 PM   #163
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

2 Weeks to recover hopefully that will be enough.
Ziva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 05:30 PM   #164
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Sabine I just hope everything is ok

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 05:45 PM   #165
country flag Ian Aberdon

Ian Aberdon has disabled reputation

Good that she will get tested properly - let's hope it's nothing serious. Has she been the same since that food poisoning fucked up her body?

Ich liebe dich nicht, du liebst mich nicht it's a braw moonlicht nicht the nicht
Ian Aberdon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote