2012 Dubai - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 10:26 PM   #136
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 Dubai

https://twitter.com/#!/sabinelisicki

Quote:
I won 63 63 and got my revenge for the fed cup loss 2 weeks ago!! It's nice to get a revenge quickly :-)
Happy Sabine got this revenge

Quote:
So next up is A.Radwanska who I was suppose to play in the 1st rd. I haven't played a right handed since the Aussie open! The entire month I played against left handed girls... :-) do finally a righty tomorrow ;-)
Can`t wait for QF vs Aga. Should be fun

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 10:51 AM   #137
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

The transcript of Sabine's press conference is online.

http://www.dubaidutyfreetennischampi...1CDFC9B8D1C021

I've posted it in the News & Articles Thread as well.

Last edited by CillyUltra : Feb 23rd, 2012 at 11:37 AM.
CillyUltra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 11:43 AM   #138
country flag Mojobackhand

Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold

Don't want the get the change-of-coach debate started again but why is her dad/coach not there? He wasn't there in Linz or Dallas either... It's weird. Is he not there at all or just not court-side, and if it's the latter it doesn't make sense either.
Mojobackhand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 01:10 PM   #139
country flag everythingtaboo

everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold

I didn't see the match (thank God) but heard all about it. 50 UE? Ball bashing? Bad first serve. And crying on court. JFC. Girl, this will be the last time I say: hire a fucking coach. See a shrink, I dunno-- just do something. Or watch your ranking plummet. Soooo frustrating.

And if she blames this loss on being sick again, that still changes nothing. Clearly something is not right in her training regime if she keeps getting injured or sick all the time. [/tough love]
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 01:42 PM   #140
country flag Lisickifan84

Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by everythingtaboo View Post
I didn't see the match (thank God) but heard all about it. 50 UE? Ball bashing? Bad first serve. And crying on court. JFC. Girl, this will be the last time I say: hire a fucking coach. See a shrink, I dunno-- just do something. Or watch your ranking plummet. Soooo frustrating.

And if she blames this loss on being sick again, that still changes nothing. Clearly something is not right in her training regime if she keeps getting injured or sick all the time. [/tough love]
It is still the virus from Paris, I think. Not again, nothing new. Now she has two weeks (?) to recover and then we will see. She was moving bad on court, it seems to me (someone disagree on that?) + an opponent without many unforced errors.

But you are right, she must be 100% healthy for a longer period. No wonder that she has no constancy in her play.
Lisickifan84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 01:49 PM   #141

everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisickifan84 View Post
It is still the virus from Paris, I think. Not again, nothing new. Now she has two weeks (?) to recover and then we will see. She was moving bad on court, it seems to me (someone disagree on that?) + an opponent without many unforced errors.

But you are right, she must be 100% healthy for a longer period. No wonder that she has no constancy in her play.
I just read on twitter that she slipped and may have hurt her ankle in the first set. That may explain the bad movement.
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 01:54 PM   #142

Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all

Oh yes that too. It didn't look so bad to me, but maybe she was afraid because of her past with the injury?

Hmm Sabine, your fans have to suffer a lot
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 02:08 PM   #143
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

Terrible match from Sabine!
I guess that her injury isn´t that serious, I mean, she wouldn´t risk another serious ankle injury anyway and she didn´t even call the trainer, so it can´t be too serious IMO.
I think her virus still affects her as well, I just was able to watch it a bit, I mean, I hope that sth (some little thing) was wrong actually as this would explain at least some things.

Bad movement and over 40 UEs in 15 games, that must be one of the worst matches of her ever, especially as she made so many cheap errors, right after her serve, sometimes she just tried then to hit the ball back with much spin to keep herself in the rallies but whenever she played with more power she made an error again.
Radwanska had to do nothing to win today.

Positive thing is that she beat Benesova here and got some nice points.
Now she should recover and then prepare for IW and Miami, to be 100% fit there ( should be possible if there isn´t any new injury) and then she can only get better again with playing matches and with some wins.

This isn´t a new situation for Sabine, she obviously isn´t able to play on a consistent level for a whole season ( due to different reasons) and this is sth which she has to work on obviously. No need to mention that a Plan B would help her as well, she just is too easy to beat once her "normal" game doesnt work.

But as always when it is about Sabine, health is most important for her and she will have some better results again in future for sure, just in doubt yet if she can avoid those heavy up´s and down´s in her game in future as lately she obviously wasn´t playing like a world no.13 for most of the time.
Michael! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 02:10 PM   #144

@Michael!: very good post

There is nothing more to say.
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 02:11 PM   #145
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh yes that too. It didn't look so bad to me, but maybe she was afraid because of her past with the injury?
Serious or not, it hurt and was difficult to handle for her with that past in her mind.
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 02:22 PM   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by CillyUltra View Post
Serious or not, it hurt and was difficult to handle for her with that past in her mind.
I didn't see the match, but for those who did: do you think the ankle may have a lot to do with her state of mind during the match? Like, maybe she was worrying about it so much it affected her game?
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 02:39 PM   #147
country flag maturedgirl

maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold

was obviously not a mental problem that affected her game today but really physical probs, slow movements, low energy, weakness from the leggs, typical viruslike symptoms (not being a doctor) so sorry for her

maturedgirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 02:41 PM   #148
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

she looked tired and was coughing but I couldn´t see any problem with her ankle, IMO she just didn´t feel 100% fit and was moving worse bc of that and later got frustrated obviously as she wasn´t satisfied at all with her performance (when she started to cry).
But I don´t know obviously, could be wrong, but didn´t seem like anything serious as her mother didn´t look that sad or worrying or anything and she didn´t receive any treatment.
Michael! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 02:49 PM   #149
country flag moviemac

moviemac is a splendid one to behold moviemac is a splendid one to behold moviemac is a splendid one to behold moviemac is a splendid one to behold moviemac is a splendid one to behold moviemac is a splendid one to behold moviemac is a splendid one to behold moviemac is a splendid one to behold moviemac is a splendid one to behold moviemac is a splendid one to behold moviemac is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
It is still the virus from Paris, I think. Not again, nothing new. Now she has two weeks (?) to recover and then we will see.
We should hope so, I guess. She seemed so powerless today. Predictably, in livescoring they called her a BBB again, but she didn't bash any balls today. Her game was so slow and still most balls didn't make it over the net or into the court.

Quote:
I just read on twitter that she slipped and may have hurt her ankle in the first set. That may explain the bad movement.
That scene didn't look that serious at all and it only came close to the end of the 1st set iirc. She didn't slip, she just stopped to suddenly (because of bad movement).

Quote:
I didn't see the match, but for those who did: do you think the ankle may have a lot to do with her state of mind during the match? Like, maybe she was worrying about it so much it affected her game?
I don't think so. At least, that can't be the only reason. She moved badly from the beginning and struggled with her serve from the first point played. So.
moviemac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 02:53 PM   #150
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

Boys and Girls, Sabine just lost to Radwanska, which is a top 10 player after all, still raising in the Rankings.

A Win wasnt very likely at all, Sabines form just isnt good at the moment.
Every Lisicki Fan knows what he signed for following her, its not easy sometimes.

only the scoreline should have been different, but in the end it stays just a loss.

Indian Wells up next, fingers crossed for some Wins and needed points there.
Ziva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote