Has Melanie Oudin fallen lower than anyone else currently playing? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 16th, 2012, 12:55 AM   #1
country flag shoparound

shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future
Has Melanie Oudin fallen lower than anyone else currently playing?

There's been many slumps in the recent years, but I don't know if any of them are as epic as Oudin has been. The girl CANNOT get any shot in the court anymore.
By far this is worse than the point others like Cornet, DeBrito, etc has reached is it not?

And are these the results Tennisforum (Sharapova fans) have been looking for?
shoparound is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 16th, 2012, 01:13 AM   #2
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Has Melanie Oudin fallen lower than anyone else currently playing?

Alexandra Stevenson?
Jane Lane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2012, 01:31 AM   #3
country flag theFutureisNow

theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold

Oudin fans are delusional if they think Sharapova fans care all that much about the loss. Maria had zero chance to win the tournament. It was just another loss to some random player.

The reason people dislike her is because she is arrogant, delusional and wildly overhyped.
Old Feb 16th, 2012, 02:13 AM   #4
country flag matty

matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute

Dokic was as high as #4 and fell to the mid 600's and Lucic fell to the high 400/low 500's in ranking. Both have slowly climbed back into the top 75 and 125--There may be hope for Melanie because she is much younger than either of them were when they started their comebacks. Not sure that Melanie is as talented as Dokic, but maybe as much as Lucic. I'm sure there are other examples out there. All 3 appear to have personal/family struggles...not surprisingly....

Oh and Ana Lena Groenefeld, too and yes, Cornet's fall is pretty odd and then Kraijeck (sp), but Melanie will be falling further down in the ranking than these girls, according to those that keep track of this ranking stuff and are taking personal glee in her failure (how pathetic of them).

ooo h a n t u c h o v a ooo a z a r e n k a ooo s w i l l i a m s ooo v w i l l i a m s ooo k e y s ooo m a t t e k - s a n d s ooo k u z n e t s o v a ooo
matty is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2012, 02:36 AM   #5
country flag Anabelcroft

Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future

Yes,she is...
Anabelcroft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2012, 02:43 AM   #6
country flag TotalExpert

TotalExpert TotalExpert TotalExpert TotalExpert TotalExpert TotalExpert TotalExpert TotalExpert TotalExpert TotalExpert TotalExpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anabelcroft View Post
Yes,she is...
Hello Anabel

When will we get next Matsnpoint?
TotalExpert is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2012, 04:59 AM   #7
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

The answer is actually no. As of now Oudin has fallen from a high of 31 to outside the top 200. That isn't good. It certainly reflects something has gone drastically wrong. But it is hardly exceptional and this sort of thing does happen from time to time, sometimes even more drastically than what has happened to Oudin. Ironically one good example of an even worse collapse is the player who beat her just this week. Olga Puchkova had a career high of 32 before she began her descent down all the way to 380. Julie Coin, after achieving a CH of 60 managed to go from inside the top 100 to 371 in just 12 months. Raluca Olaru, was once top 50 and next week will have fallen outside the top 300. There are plenty of others too. Mostly a drastic fall like these is caused by injury although in the cases of Puchkova, Coin and Olaru this was not the case and I chose those three players as examples for this very reason. Oudin's fall has been nasty, but certainly not unprecedented. She's not the 1st young top 50 player to plummet out of the top 200 and she won't be the last either. Simply, shit happens.
Old Feb 16th, 2012, 06:02 AM   #8
country flag Gilas.

Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. When I saw her match against Robson in AO qualies where she is being outmaneuvered by a player who herself can't move, I knew there was no way to go but down. And you can't play a proper counterpunching game without good movement.
Old Feb 16th, 2012, 06:08 AM   #9
country flag Steven.

Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute

why would we care if she loses or not? She's no threat...

but it is sad to see her spiral down so dramatically. I hope she finds the form that once gave her a taste of what success is like.
Old Feb 16th, 2012, 07:26 AM   #10
country flag Aryman3

Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future

Marta Domachowska - exemplary career
Aryman3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2012, 07:27 AM   #11
country flag Yoncé
On His Mouth Like Liquor

Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute

Caroline currently seems to be on a mission to match or better the Great Oudin slump.
Old Feb 16th, 2012, 07:28 AM   #12
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute

A Mess!
Melange is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2012, 09:00 AM   #13
country flag StephenUK

StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melange View Post
A Mess!
Appalling, but she still hasn't completed the full circle yet. She still has a few points to defend over the next few weeks so there is still a chance that she can turn something around in time. The big humiliation will be dropping out of the top 250 and not even getting into GS qualies - given that US $25ks are reasonably competitive, she may be then forced to play in Latin America, the Asia-Pacific tour and Lagos.

Is Stacey Tan still playing? Because I don't think Melanie will have quite plumbed the absolute depths until she has emulated the spectacular fall of Nicole Vaidisova and contrived a 6-2 6-1 loss to her.
StephenUK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2012, 09:17 AM   #14
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

Claudine Schaul has a CH #41, now she is unranked and plays in 10k tournaments.
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2012, 09:36 AM   #15
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

ALG is a far worse example IMO, because people really projected a great future for her.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote