Bought tickets for RG!!! But.... - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 16th, 2012, 12:05 AM   #1
country flag Vamos Feńa

Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute
Question Bought tickets for RG!!! But....

Hi guys! I have an important question.

I managed to buy a ticket for RG. But as I was limited in terms of days and money, I bought ticket for outside courts on day 6. I knew that it was gonna be shitty as last year on day 6 only 4 matches played were singles. The rest was the doubles.

I tried then to buy for SL court on 29th May, though I might have my oral defence of thesis back then. But I couldn't buy it!! I was trying for like 6 times, even asked my friend to pay for that. Nothing worked....

So now I saw that there are tickets for 29th fo Court 1 and the rest. I tried again and the same shit. So I created another account but gave my bf's surname there and his date birth. The rest remained the same. And this time I succeeded!!

Do you think they're checking the surnames on the tickets and stuff like that??
Sorry if this question is stupid but I was so pissed today after all these fails, and would kill myself if I miss such opportunity of RG when I'm in Paris until summer.

Thank you for those 10 years
Vamos Feńa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 16th, 2012, 12:11 AM   #2
country flag King Halep

King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bought tickets for RG!!! But....

The Australians seem to be the most anal retentive at that kind of thing and they dont check names so I would be surprised if French did. I dont think its illegal to sell your ticket to someone else.
King Halep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2012, 12:17 AM   #3
country flag Vamos Feńa

Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melange View Post
The Australians seem to be the most anal retentive at that kind of thing and they dont check names so I would be surprised if French did. I dont think its illegal to sell your ticket to someone else.
Thanks.

Now I thought about this - There was a possibility that you log on to your account and you buy tickets for 1-4 people. Suppose you click for 3 and you continue. They didn't ask about their names (I just checked) so I think it should be fine, right?

Old Feb 16th, 2012, 12:25 AM   #4
country flag King Halep

King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute

Should be. You can check the selling conditions to see if they actually say only the buyer can use the ticket. I cant think of any reason why you could not sell or give your ticket to other ppl. A lot of ppl have problem of not being able to go at the last minute and its not practical for the stadium to stop ppl from passing ticket to another person if they cant go, but its Europe so anything is possible.
King Halep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2012, 01:34 AM   #5
country flag illusyve
I'll Hold My Breath

illusyve has much to be proud of illusyve has much to be proud of illusyve has much to be proud of illusyve has much to be proud of illusyve has much to be proud of illusyve has much to be proud of illusyve has much to be proud of illusyve has much to be proud of illusyve has much to be proud of illusyve has much to be proud of illusyve has much to be proud of

I have went two years in a row with printed tickets and they have never checked ID, simply scanning the ticket both times. You shouldn't have an issue.

chakvetadze | hantuchova | henin | jankovic | safina djokovic | gasquet | hewitt | kohlschreiber | safin

suicide rogers cup 2011 champ.

illusyve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2012, 02:03 AM   #6
country flag Mary Cherry.

Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute

I used the e-tickets option a couple of years ago and I think you were able to change the names on the tickets up until a few days before the event. Although I used my mum's card to buy them at the time () so the surname was the same.

But like illusyve said, they didn't bother checking ID anyway. They were too busy rummaging through my bag
Mary Cherry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2012, 03:03 AM   #7
country flag everythingtaboo

everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold

The RG website had all kinds of problems with ticketing yesterday (2 hr wait, "sold out" GP), so it doesn't surprise me to hear the difficulty you had. But I think you should be fine, all of the tennis tournament's I have been to have never checked the name on the ticket. They're too busy going through your bag.
Old Feb 16th, 2012, 04:23 AM   #8
country flag Deneb

Deneb has disabled reputation

Actually at least with e-tickets they do check the name. You need to have an ID-card and your ticket (or rather the receipt you'll print yourself onsite by using the barcode on your printed e-ticket) to get in. But as Mary Cherry said it is possible to change the name online until a few days before the tournament. Check the official RG ticketing site for info. Everything is explained there.

Amélie Mauresmo

Doubles = 2 x the fun
Deneb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2012, 08:38 AM   #9
country flag Svetlana)))

Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute

I managed to get 6 tickets on the 3rd, 6 on the 4th and 12 on the 5th. Stupid me bought 2 ground passes on the 4th, does anyone know how to sell them using the viagogo portal? Also, any recommendations for accommodation that is both convenient and comfortable/luxurious?
Old Feb 16th, 2012, 09:28 AM   #10
country flag Mynarco
Bra Vibrationer

Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute

^way to go. 24 tickets in total.
Singles (CHR#17) - Copenhagen 10 ; Beijing 11 ; Pattaya 12
Doubles (CHR#10) - Cincinnati 09 (w/Drake1980) ; Auckland+Copenhagen 10 (w/Richie's) ; Palermo 11 (w/Richie's) ; Stuttgart+Baku 12 (w/Richie's) ; Palermo 13 (w/Richie's) ; Monterrey 14 (w/Adrian.) USO 14 (w/Frederik)

Mynarco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2012, 09:48 AM   #11
country flag Talula

Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vamos Feńa View Post
Hi guys! I have an important question.

I managed to buy a ticket for RG. But as I was limited in terms of days and money, I bought ticket for outside courts on day 6. I knew that it was gonna be shitty as last year on day 6 only 4 matches played were singles. The rest was the doubles.

I tried then to buy for SL court on 29th May, though I might have my oral defence of thesis back then. But I couldn't buy it!! I was trying for like 6 times, even asked my friend to pay for that. Nothing worked....

So now I saw that there are tickets for 29th fo Court 1 and the rest. I tried again and the same shit. So I created another account but gave my bf's surname there and his date birth. The rest remained the same. And this time I succeeded!!

Do you think they're checking the surnames on the tickets and stuff like that??
Sorry if this question is stupid but I was so pissed today after all these fails, and would kill myself if I miss such opportunity of RG when I'm in Paris until summer.
Last year we had to show our passports with our tickets at the gate. They are very strict to stop people cheating on tickets!

Players I root for now: Heather, Laura, Lucie, Marion, Serena, Simona, Svetlana, Venus, Vika. And Caroline.
Doubles and Mixed Doubles are fun and underrated.
Talula is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2012, 10:31 AM   #12
country flag Vamos Feńa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula View Post
Last year we had to show our passports with our tickets at the gate. They are very strict to stop people cheating on tickets!
oh no
I will have to have a look on their regulations. But like I said - I couldn't buy them from my 1st account so I created another one and then it worked. Moreover I can always say that somebody bought them for me - sort of a birthday present and he/she typed her data while creating the account. I think my argument sounds reasonable, or not?

oh and thanks for your responses!

Old Feb 16th, 2012, 11:10 AM   #13
country flag Talula

Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vamos Feńa View Post
oh no
I will have to have a look on their regulations. But like I said - I couldn't buy them from my 1st account so I created another one and then it worked. Moreover I can always say that somebody bought them for me - sort of a birthday present and he/she typed her data while creating the account. I think my argument sounds reasonable, or not?

oh and thanks for your responses!
This is what happened last year, and looks like the same process this year:

The E tickets are sent to you by email early April. You then have time to transfer the names on the tickets to who you wish, or sell them on Viagogo. I can't remember if you could change ALL the names, I think you could. But you have to do it via their links in the emails they send you.

I don't believe that other people didn't have their identity checked - we went 2 days and each time the security people were checking the tickets and your passports in the queue BEFORE you got to the bag security. We were told in advance to bring passports if not French. We found Roland Garros even stricter than Wimbldeon!

I think if you can't change the names then you will need to sell them on Viagogo.

On a separate note, we had dreadful problems with the site yesterday as it kept crashing and once you have bought tickets you can't buy anymore. Amazingly we got tickets for the ladies final - they were last to sell out!

You can still get VIP packs but they are about 650 Euros a ticket!!

Players I root for now: Heather, Laura, Lucie, Marion, Serena, Simona, Svetlana, Venus, Vika. And Caroline.
Doubles and Mixed Doubles are fun and underrated.
Talula is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2012, 06:08 PM   #14
country flag Vamos Feńa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula View Post
This is what happened last year, and looks like the same process this year:

The E tickets are sent to you by email early April. You then have time to transfer the names on the tickets to who you wish, or sell them on Viagogo. I can't remember if you could change ALL the names, I think you could. But you have to do it via their links in the emails they send you.

I don't believe that other people didn't have their identity checked - we went 2 days and each time the security people were checking the tickets and your passports in the queue BEFORE you got to the bag security. We were told in advance to bring passports if not French. We found Roland Garros even stricter than Wimbldeon!

I think if you can't change the names then you will need to sell them on Viagogo.

On a separate note, we had dreadful problems with the site yesterday as it kept crashing and once you have bought tickets you can't buy anymore. Amazingly we got tickets for the ladies final - they were last to sell out!

You can still get VIP packs but they are about 650 Euros a ticket!!
So I will just put my name as I bought ticket for 1 person

650 euros? Please, I wanted to spend 60 euros in total

Old Feb 16th, 2012, 06:28 PM   #15
country flag Zamboni
Vamorza!

Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute

You can easily change the name on the e-ticket once you receive them.
I would advise you to change it though, because they do check your id-card.