1. Azarenka - Steady
- #1 for a while, Top 3 all year certainty.
2. Sharapova - Steady
- Top 5 all year, maybe more?
3. Kvitova - Steady
- Top 5 all year, very good chance of more, #1?
4. Wozniacki - Downwards
- Top 10 all year, but not at these heights (at least not until Summer where she could rebound)
5. Stosur - Steady
- US points practically guarantee Top 10, but without them, maybe a slight drop
6. Radwanska - Upwards
- Top 4 is beckoning in the near future, possibly more?
7. Bartoli - Steady
- Finally establishing herself as a solid Top 10. Maybe more, but this is her level.
8. Zvonareva - Downwards
- No major point clusters to defend for a while, but not looking good of late..
9. Li - Slight Downwards
- Probably facing a slight decline, but could easily return.
10. Petkovic - Hard to Say
- Depends how long this injury is. Steady if she's back and fit soon, down if not.
11. Schiavone - Downwards
- Days at the very top seem limited, but she could easy stay Top 20.
12. Williams - Upwards
- 2011 Inactivity should secure Top 10, but how much more...
13. Lisicki - Steady
- Could break into Top 10, but at the moment, this is her level.
14. Jankovic - Slight Downwards
- To good to drop out of Top 20, but nowhere near a Top 10 player anymore.
15. Pavlyuchenkova - Slight Downwards
- Needs to sort things out promptly or it could be more severe...
16. Cibulkova - Steady
- Will be in and around Top 20, but probably no more.
17. Peng - Downwards
- Scary injury rumours, and already a bit to high really..
18. Ivanovic - Steady
- Barring a miracle, she'll be hovering 15-25 for the
19. Goerges - Downwards
- I think she'll be out of the Top 30 unless she has a great clay season.
20. Kerber - Slight Upwards
- I don't know about Top 10, but she will easily rise higher than this if she keeps playing well.
21. Hantuchová - Steady
- Started well enough, and should be around this level all year.
22. Kirilenko - Steady
- Solid in the Top 30, as ever.
23. Vinci - Slight Downwards
- I think this level will eventually go away, but I think she's not going that far down the rankings.
24. Medina Garrigues - Steady
- Solid in the Top 30 or so all year.
25. Wickmayer - Upwards
- I think a Top 20 season is likely, but will do well to beat career high of 12. Hopefully she's now injury free..
26. Kuznetsova - Upwards
- No way she's staying this low, but given the past two years, who the hell knows where she'll end up!
27. Safarova - Steady
- Could potentially go upwards, but inconsistancy will prevent her going much higher.
28. Pennetta - Slight Upwards
- I don't see her going Top 10 or anything, but she'll be higher than this.
29. Niculescu - Slight Upwards
- She's getting good results...
30. Cetkovska - Downwards
- I don't know much about her (other than that she likes to bitch Ana), or how she even got to this level...
At this point, I've just realised that I've listed far more players going downwards than upwards.
Who the hell is going to replace them?
31. Kanepi - Hard to Say
- Really not sure. On her day, she's a guaranteed climber, but she doesn't always show up...
32. Petrova - Downwards
- I don't see her falling dramatically, but her days in the Top 20 are long gone.
33. Clijsters - Upwards
- Despite tiny schedule, does well in virtually all tournaments effortlessly so an increase is certain.
34. Zheng - Hard to Say
- I heard her injuries are returning, but a climber if not.
35. McHale - Steady
- May climb, but I think she may spend a year or two around this level before moving up (or down).
36. Barthel - Upwards
- Encouraging signs so far (not today mind!). Top 20 looking very possible...
37. Hercog - Slight Downwards
- About as high as I ever see her getting at the moment, so may slip.
38. Martinez - Upwards
- So many other players could drop, and I see her taking advantage. She's reliable unlike a lot of others.
39. Pe'er - Slight Upwards
- I see her rising up again somewhat. She has looked better recently, and has little of note to defend.
40. Pervak - Slight Downwards
- Hard to say, but I think she's pushing above her weight here. (No pun intended)
41. Gajdosova - Downwards
- Could be doing so much better, but oh my god is she in dreadful form or what?
42. Makarova - Upwards
- I think she'll get back to around the same level she was at last summer (around 30), though does have R4 RG hanging over her head.
43. Pironkova - Slight Downwards
- Barring another Wimbledon miracle, I see her falling down.
44. Zakopolova - Slight Upwards
- When others fall, I think she'll rise slightly because she's usually good at sticking around this level.
45. Benesova - Slight Upwards
- Same as Zakopalova, though I don't think she's going to get that much higher.
46. Scheepers - Downwards
- She's earned it, but I don't see her sticking at this level long-term at all.
47. Cirstea - Upwards
- Seems to be reviving recently and could climb quite a bit if she keeps up the good form.
48. Paszek - Downwards
- Can't look past those 500 Wimbledon points. She'll linger then fall.
49. Voskoboeva - Upwards
- Will find it harder and harder to keep climbing, but I think she can get a little bit higher than this.
I've missed someone out... Damn!!!