2012 Petra's American Spring Hard Court Season - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 19th, 2012, 02:55 PM   #31
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 Petra's Spring Hard Court Season

Corswandt is in neurotic panic mode again...which isn't totally bad b/c Petra won a big title last year during one of those panicked stretches

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 19th, 2012, 05:21 PM   #32
country flag AfroIYH

AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
Miss Azarenka should first prove that she's able to beat Caroline
Petra needs to be able to face her before she 'has' to be able to beat Wozniacki, and as far as Serena goes the twilight of her career is over, would be surprised if she could make another final of a Slam.
AfroIYH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2012, 06:30 PM   #33
country flag Mynarco
INAZUMA

Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute

Cibulkova/Q should be easy. But you never know this woman. Good luck in Dubai, your draw is soft.

Suicide: 08 Montreal 08 Stuttgart 09 USO 11 Eastbourne Stanford 13 Sydney Highest ranked #03
Tennis Tipping: 09 Cincy D 10 Brisbane D Copenhagen SD 11 Palermo D Beijing S 12 Pattaya S Stuttgart Baku D 13 Palermo D 14 Monterrey D(SCHR: 17 DCHR: 10)
Mynarco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2012, 06:31 PM   #34
country flag Mynarco
INAZUMA

Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute

Think about if Petra wasn't that useless against Sharapova (i.e. trusted her FHDTL more, had better movement etc), things might have had a different trajectory atm

I am a fan of both so I don't really care nonetheless.

Suicide: 08 Montreal 08 Stuttgart 09 USO 11 Eastbourne Stanford 13 Sydney Highest ranked #03
Tennis Tipping: 09 Cincy D 10 Brisbane D Copenhagen SD 11 Palermo D Beijing S 12 Pattaya S Stuttgart Baku D 13 Palermo D 14 Monterrey D(SCHR: 17 DCHR: 10)
Mynarco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2012, 07:08 PM   #35
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Corswandt is in neurotic panic mode again...which isn't totally bad b/c Petra won a big title last year during one of those panicked stretches
Let's be honest. Petra won several tournaments last year when he was in some of those panicked stretches/modes.

On another note. Is it just my computer, or do you guys notice that the background of the site is white now (and not maroon/the dark color)?

Weird.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2012, 08:01 PM   #36
country flag plokploky

plokploky is a splendid one to behold plokploky is a splendid one to behold plokploky is a splendid one to behold plokploky is a splendid one to behold plokploky is a splendid one to behold plokploky is a splendid one to behold plokploky is a splendid one to behold plokploky is a splendid one to behold plokploky is a splendid one to behold plokploky is a splendid one to behold plokploky is a splendid one to behold

I am pissed beyond belief and I think petra is the only one who can calm me now. She has an incredibly easy quarter if domi is still in the form she has had for most of the year and radwanska can't hit hard to save her life and lisicki is shit at the moment.

Anyway, I am pissed because vika just destroyed on of my faves, who better get to the semis(before losing to petra of course), and now the vika fans are throwing the 'our fave just won 3 tournies in a row' excuse just because sam played awfully and is one of her pigeons(). So now, I hope vika gets the final. I hope she gets there easily and no drama and totally healthy, so then petra can destroy her. Maybe even 2 bakery prducts, but vika is too consistent for that. This is the only way I will stop being pissed.[/rant]
All the British girls
plokploky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2012, 08:17 PM   #37
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroIYH View Post
Petra needs to be able to face her before she 'has' to be able to beat Wozniacki, and as far as Serena goes the twilight of her career is over, would be surprised if she could make another final of a Slam.
I'm not so sure about Serena. McEnroe recently said she still has a capacity to win 4-5 slams. Both Navratilova and Evert won slams after 30 years of age. Navratilova won her last Wimbledon at almost 34 years of age and was the runner-up four years later.

If Serena is healthy and motivated, she can easily bounce back and win Wimbledon and/or the Olympics.
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2012, 08:27 PM   #38
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by plokploky View Post
I am pissed beyond belief and I think petra is the only one who can calm me now. She has an incredibly easy quarter if domi is still in the form she has had for most of the year and radwanska can't hit hard to save her life and lisicki is shit at the moment.

Anyway, I am pissed because vika just destroyed on of my faves, who better get to the semis(before losing to petra of course), and now the vika fans are throwing the 'our fave just won 3 tournies in a row' excuse just because sam played awfully and is one of her pigeons(). So now, I hope vika gets the final. I hope she gets there easily and no drama and totally healthy, so then petra can destroy her. Maybe even 2 bakery prducts, but vika is too consistent for that. This is the only way I will stop being pissed.[/rant]
"Patience young Skywalker!"

Just/let's take it one match at a time.
Old Feb 19th, 2012, 08:30 PM   #39
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
I'm not so sure about Serena. McEnroe recently said she still has a capacity to win 4-5 slams. Both Navratilova and Evert won slams after 30 years of age. Navratilova won her last Wimbledon at almost 34 years of age and was the runner-up four years later.

If Serena is healthy and motivated, she can easily bounce back and win Wimbledon and/or the Olympics.
With all due respect to the Great John McEnroe, Petronius. He's nuts!!

A lot of things would have to happen for Serena to win 4-5 more Major titles. I think she'd get frustrated and quit by then (than to hang around and wait till she could eek out those 4-5 major titles in her near geriatric, inconsistent playing/form, and injury prone body). Maybe one or two the most for old times sake. That's it!

Good Luck with that prediction/expectation.

PS: Serena doesn't have the schedule (she doesn't play a lot), the body (she's big and heavy), the health or dedication that Navratilova showed/had in similar stages. Not sure you can make a direct comparison between the two in the first place.

Last edited by Excelscior : Feb 19th, 2012 at 09:27 PM.
Old Feb 19th, 2012, 08:58 PM   #40
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute

Also, the way tennis is played nowadays is far less conducive to long careers. The "chase down every ball" style popularized by Nadal and Djokovic would never result in anyone still being in slam contention in their late 30's. But the serve and volley game that Navrayilova played held her in good stead until she was almost 40, and she could still be in the top 5 and be a perennial slam contender in doubles if she wanted to do it.

I think Petra will have a nice, long career. She's not doing anything that looks like it would abuse her body on the court.
“It's not as if everything revolves around me now that I've won Wimbledon for the second time — as if I'll just sit on my ass at home and send someone to do my shopping for me.” — the lovely and humble Petra Kvitová
mac47 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2012, 09:07 PM   #41
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac47 View Post
Also, the way tennis is played nowadays is far less conducive to long careers. The "chase down every ball" style popularized by Nadal and Djokovic would never result in anyone still being in slam contention in their late 30's. But the serve and volley game that Navrayilova played held her in good stead until she was almost 40, and she could still be in the top 5 and be a perennial slam contender in doubles if she wanted to do it.

I think Petra will have a nice, long career. She's not doing anything that looks like it would abuse her body on the court.
I was thinking the same thing Mac. But I didn't bring it up, cause Serena doesn't play much (though you're right, the style of play today, is still more strenuous on the body, when she does). Hence I more focused on Serena being out of form/kilter by not playing as much (along with her health/injury concerns).

Knock on wood. I also agree with you, regarding Petra's career durability, relative to her peers, cause of her playing style. Let's hope so?
Old Feb 19th, 2012, 10:09 PM   #42
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by plokploky View Post

I totally hear you. I didn't mind Caro (herself, her fans are another story), but Vika really needs to be dethroned and put in her place. She is everything I hate about women's tennis: the limited baseline game, the pretentions to glamor, the goddamned shrieking. The finger in the air after her wins is poor taste personified. It was poor taste when Serena did it, and it's even worse with Vika.

I like Aga and Stosur, and wish Vika had lost to one of them.

But mostly I just miss watching Petra. I am so sick and tired of hearing that she's not a threat on outdoor hardcourt. If she shows up in good form she can destroy anyone on any surface.
“It's not as if everything revolves around me now that I've won Wimbledon for the second time — as if I'll just sit on my ass at home and send someone to do my shopping for me.” — the lovely and humble Petra Kvitová
Old Feb 19th, 2012, 11:01 PM   #43
country flag Corswandt

Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Petra [...] abuse her body
I would.
Corswandt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2012, 11:28 PM   #44
country flag mac47

Now, now, abuse is not the same thing as what St. Paul calls "the natural use of the female" (Romans 1:27). At least, I hope you did not mean more than that.
Old Feb 19th, 2012, 11:36 PM   #45
country flag Corswandt

Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
the natural use of the female
Ironing my shirts.
Corswandt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote