Julia in Doha - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 11th, 2012, 04:37 PM   #1
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute
Julia in Doha

(4)Agnieszka Radwanska (POL) v BYE
Q v Tamira Paszek (AUT)
Q v Q
Anastasiya Yakimova (BLR) v (16)Julia Goerges (GER)

Last edited by mk27 : Feb 11th, 2012 at 04:52 PM.
mk27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 11th, 2012, 05:01 PM   #2
country flag Dispeker

Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of
Re: Julia in Doha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk27 View Post
1st round: Yakimova
2nd round: qualifier/qualifier
3rd round: possible Radwanska

http://www.wtatennis.com/SEWTATour-A...2/1003/MDS.pdf
No expectations at all. Another encounter against Aga would be great though. Big opportunity to make amends for what happened at the AO.
Dispeker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2012, 05:23 PM   #3
country flag maturedgirl

maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold

Wieder ein AF gegen Radwanska in Sicht.
maturedgirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2012, 06:31 PM   #4
country flag Rovegun

Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerlinPower View Post
Wieder ein AF gegen Radwanska in Sicht.
ja, aber mit Julia weisst du nie aber hoffentlich kann sie 2 Matches gewinnen, ob sie gesund ist.
Rovegun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2012, 06:39 PM   #5
country flag matthias
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute

erstmal muss sie das Achtelfinale erreichen, bei Julia weiss man ja nie
matthias is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2012, 06:49 PM   #6
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispeker View Post
No expectations at all. Another encounter against Aga would be great though. Big opportunity to make amends for what happened at the AO.
Yeah. Julia had her opportunities in GDF Suez a Premier tournament, typically next tournament generally P5 she gets an unplayable draw -- e.g, Carlsbad, Montreal etc...

I hope she at least makes the 3rd round, it's still 125 points and 95 points more than her 16th best result.
Vikapower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2012, 10:19 PM   #7
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Any information about her "injury"? I`m not sure whether she can play at Doha.

I guess Julia would have gone there anyway to get used to the conditions.
Her next tournament Dubai is just around the corner and for her cough it`s better anyway.
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2012, 10:27 PM   #8
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I hope that Julia is healthy again, then 3rd round should be her goal here!
Yakimova is a player without any big weapons, should actually suit Julia, should win that, then against a qualifier in 2nd round, also winnable.

Hoping for a re-match against Radwanska, she will lose again there (we have to stay realistic) but would have the chance to make it better than in Melbourne at least.
Michael! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 07:34 AM   #9

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael! View Post
Well, I hope that Julia is healthy again, then 3rd round should be her goal here!
Yakimova is a player without any big weapons, should actually suit Julia, should win that, then against a qualifier in 2nd round, also winnable.

Hoping for a re-match against Radwanska, she will lose again there (we have to stay realistic) but would have the chance to make it better than in Melbourne at least.
To be true, what is realistic with Julia ?
Most likely Radwanska has her number after the disaster at Melbourne.
I still clutch at straws that Julia can beat her on a good day. (like nearly any other player on the tour)
But what she needs to have a good day on the court is unknown.
She has to be halfway healthy at least.
And, not worthy to mention anymore, she`s always in for a bad surprise and go out earlier, so we`ll see.
All the best for Julia at Doha
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 11:54 AM   #10
country flag _inocencia_

_inocencia_ is a name known to all _inocencia_ is a name known to all _inocencia_ is a name known to all _inocencia_ is a name known to all _inocencia_ is a name known to all _inocencia_ is a name known to all _inocencia_ is a name known to all _inocencia_ is a name known to all _inocencia_ is a name known to all _inocencia_ is a name known to all _inocencia_ is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy division View Post
To be true, what is realistic with Julia ?
Most likely Radwanska has her number after the disaster at Melbourne.
I still clutch at straws that Julia can beat her on a good day. (like nearly any other player on the tour)
But what she needs to have a good day on the court is unknown.
She has to be halfway healthy at least.
And, not worthy to mention anymore, she`s always in for a bad surprise and go out earlier, so we`ll see.
All the best for Julia at Doha

i'm sorry i think you're wrong here. Julia CAN beat her, but only, and only IF aga drops her current level. aga is worst possible match up 4 jule, she put everything back in court, and that makes jule crazy, cause she just can't hit a winners, and she begins to make silly mistakes a tragedy to watch.. R1 should be easy, 6-3, 6-3, or sth, if jule is not "injured"

don't get me wrong, i love jule but, "injury" starting to "trouble" her, after double break down, o pls
_inocencia_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 12:57 PM   #11
country flag Skoo

Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by _inocencia_ View Post
i'm sorry i think you're wrong here. Julia CAN beat her, but only, and only IF aga drops her current level. aga is worst possible match up 4 jule, she put everything back in court, and that makes jule crazy, cause she just can't hit a winners, and she begins to make silly mistakes a tragedy to watch.. R1 should be easy, 6-3, 6-3, or sth, if jule is not "injured"

don't get me wrong, i love jule but, "injury" starting to "trouble" her, after double break down, o pls
There is at least one worse match up for Julia, namely Vika (well, Vika is the worst for about everyone except Petra)

Against Aga, it will depend more on how much will she be able to set up winners of forced errors with her serve, or directly get serve winners. Certainly, a decrease in Aga's performance will help, but you can't really do much when Julia is serving well. Like in every other match up, she will most likely not win the majority of the rallies and, as we have too often witnessed, it doesn't matter much who is on the other side, because she will start spraying balls when she's not "connected". One difference would be that she has more chances against players that also tend to beat themselves and the scoreline is usually more gentle for her against them

Get over that "injury", she was just hysterical, how else can you be when things go so wrong?
Skoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 01:32 PM   #12
country flag Rovegun

Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold

I think everyone can beat anyone in womens tennis nowadays and I believe Julia is able to beat Aga but everything has to go in her way... she has to be confident on her serve and the 1st serve has to work you can hardly win the match when you play 50% of first serve the best players can use this and gain points easily... Julia´s game is similar to Petra´s or Vika´s one she´s got strong serve, powerful strokes but she´s not consistent and that´s the main reason why she´s not top 10.. Julia talks about it very often and tries to work on but we can see Julia is not like a star she likes going step by step and that´s her way of improving... I definitely belive she´s got talent to be top 10 one day...
Rovegun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 01:45 PM   #13

Quote:

I think that it`s usually not Julia`s style to handle a loss and beside that, she has probably not enough talent to put on an "injury" show.
Maybe she just felt something tweaking and she was irritated in the heat of the moment by that, but we`ll probably never know.
I agree with you that Aga is a smart and very good defensive player and therefore she is overall a bad match-up for Julia.
And she is not prone to be "driven crazy" herself, as happened in her match against Angie at the US Open last year, but you can`t compare Angie`s and Julia`s game.

After her loss at Melbourne it`s probably even harder for Julia to be successful against Aga, where she seemed to be completely clueless about what to do on the court.
It`s obviously not easy for her to get these kind of losses right out of her mind when you look at the matches against Azarenka and Sharapova. This might be the main point.
Anyway, when Julia`s service is working and her game is on for the most of the time, she can shoot her simply of the court. Also Aga is not guarded against that.
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 03:19 PM   #14
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

That's not only right for Radwanska, Julia will struggle against any counter-pucherish style or controlled aggressive types of opponents.

Radwanska with the type of tennis she plays, counter-punching, her level doesn't drop that much or it's not that particularly visible -- the only factors that does make her really drop is fatigue, illness, injuries etc... where she'll be a step slower, otherwise she's quite constant and always plays near best. I think it's a false chase to hope for that.

Now, even if Radwanska theoretically drops her level it depends which type of Julia you see -- Radwaska's B level is still enough to pummel B-Julia which as far as can recall in GDF Suez is extremely junioresque, mediocre, invisible and pathetic I'm only speaking of the second set there.

Julia's A game is able to get rid of Radwanska and again, Radwanska also Kerber has a science/vision of the game that really works well against certain types of automatic/robotic players [...] we know how Julia can be obsessed at times with striking winners ; you need composure, good mental stability and the offensive game, it has to be as one -- that's how Vika, Maria etc... gets rid of her, as soon as they're not top in one of these 3 Radwanska really really gets under their skin.
Vikapower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 08:25 PM   #15
country flag LinusVanPelt

LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light

İf Jules would be on her day, only azarenka can stop her. You are being sardonic i think.. Radwanska actually is an overrated player, but yes radwanska>julia, for these days. Radwanska is stabile and well-balanced. But i have to admit that, radwanska's good defense can ruin julia's game style, and when it happens Jules cant stand her effective counter-attacks and then -as we all know- Jules mentally-breakdown happens julia lost tragically again. We cant -and shouldnt- expect Radwanska's bad performance, she is a stable player. So; all julia can do is playing less aggressive and "logical" and protecting her mind from the useless and harmful thoughts during the game i think..
LinusVanPelt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote