2012 Qatar Open - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 14th, 2012, 02:25 PM   #31
country flag Lisickifan84

Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all
Re: 2012 Qatar Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike81 View Post
I'm pro Sabs, I love her loads but I've run out of excuses for her. I don't care that she had viral illness or some preparation or a bad Head to Head with Kerber. Kerber didn't win the match, Sabine LOST it, and as lovely a person as Sabine normally appears to be, it's disappointing that handshake with her friend Angie.
Ah don't give to much on that. She was just frustrated and she wanted to leave the court as soon as possible. You could see that.

Hmm I don't know whats wrong with her at the moment
As she lost the second set I knew Kerber wins it 6:1 or so.

New Coach: Really after every lost match?
Stay calm, there will soon be better times
Lisickifan84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 14th, 2012, 02:30 PM   #32
country flag Mike81

Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future

It's very late here so maybe I say things I don't totally mean. I'm just disappointed, as all Sabine fans would be with the loss and the way she lost.

GENIE BOUCHARD- Australian Open Semi Finalist and Nuremburg Champion 2014!!

SABINE LISICKI- Miami Doubles Champion 2014!!

DOMINIKA CIBULKOVA Australian Open Runner Up 2014!!
Mike81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2012, 02:30 PM   #33
country flag Geekking

Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisickifan84 View Post
Ah don't give to much on that. She was just frustrated and she wanted to leave the court as soon as possible. You could see that.

Hmm I don't know whats wrong with her at the moment
As she lost the second set I knew Kerber wins it 6:1 or so.

New Coach: Really after every lost match?
Stay calm, there will soon be better times
I want her to change her coach and say this almost after every match
Geekking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2012, 02:32 PM   #34
country flag Mojobackhand

Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold

I'm so gutted. Not only because of the loss, but how it happened (again) and because we don't really have a explanation for this. Apparently she/her team doesn't have a good one either.

I liked her good spirits after the AO, but if she backs them up with horrible losses people will say she is so full of herself.
I'm really at a loss about this recent development. Not that it's new that she is a bit hot and cold, but it seems she really needs to work on the mental side of her game. That was pure mindfuck again from the second set on. And we all know she can play 300% better than this.
Mojobackhand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2012, 02:37 PM   #35
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

next match she should skip the first set and turn it around, that seems to work much better for her lately.

Dubai here we come

Lets hope for a better draw first round needs to be easy this time, no more losses are acceptable.
Ziva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2012, 02:39 PM   #36

Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekking View Post
I want her to change her coach and say this almost after every match
Well, if you look at the way Sabine CAN play, you only have to acknowledge Dad Lisicki's abilities as a coach.
But it's perhaps different if you face troubles on court and have to listen to your own dad.
Guess it's psychologically a bit tricky to separate it. Maybe she just simple doesn't listen to him? He doesn't strike me as the control type which is very good IMO. But she sometimes seems almost rude and snappy when talking to him on court.
Old Feb 14th, 2012, 02:41 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre View Post
next match she should skip the first set and turn it around, that seems to work much better for her lately.
Yep. Coming from behind worked against Sveta. But I'd rather see a straight set win because she has the game to do it.
Old Feb 14th, 2012, 02:46 PM   #38
country flag cosmoose

cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute

Why change coach?

because when Sabine wins, she does it with her power, natural talent and athleticism. I can't recall last time Sabine's win was due to great strategy.

when Sabine loses, its clear how one-dimentional she is. She can't seem to make an adjustment. When things get tight, she doesn't hit out. Instead she becomes timid and error prone. She has no plan B.

She needs a real coach.

Check out Stefanie Vögele's facebook fanpage!
cosmoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2012, 02:53 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmoose View Post
Why change coach?

because when Sabine wins, she does it with her power, natural talent and athleticism. I can't recall last time Sabine's win was due to great strategy.

when Sabine loses, its clear how one-dimentional she is. She can't seem to make an adjustment. When things get tight, she doesn't hit out. Instead she becomes timid and error prone. She has no plan B.

She needs a real coach.
Well, maybe her dad has a plan B and knows what to do. Maybe she is going through a phase of cutting the cord/growing up whatevz and she just doesn't want her dad to tell her what to do???
Who says Lisicki is not a "real" coach? He seemed to have done a pretty good job so far. But Sabine must make the adjustment.
So, that Aga coach in her box was maybe a good sign?
I'm preeeeeeetty sure they are looking for answers.

Last edited by Mojobackhand : Feb 14th, 2012 at 02:58 PM.
Old Feb 14th, 2012, 03:05 PM   #40
country flag cosmoose

cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojobackhand View Post
Well, maybe her dad has a plan B and knows what to do. Maybe she is going through a phase of cutting the cord/growing up whatevz and she just doesn't want her dad to tell her what to do???
Who says Lisicki is not a "real" coach? He seemed to have done a pretty good job so far. But Sabine must make the adjustment.
So, that Aga coach in her box was maybe a good sign?
I'm preeeeeeetty sure they are looking for answers.
Didn't Sabine call her dad for coaching twice in this match? so it doesn't seem like she is trying to cut loose from him.

Complaints about Sabine's inability to adjust and lack of plan B is not new.
I just don't see any improvement. So why not try something different?

Old Feb 14th, 2012, 03:10 PM   #41
country flag everythingtaboo

everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojobackhand View Post
Well, maybe her dad has a plan B and knows what to do.
She's had losses like this one for years now. If he had a plan B he should've instigated it already. I'm with Geekking and cosmoose-- a new coach/team is necessary. Father/daughter coaching relationships rarely work anyways. So much good could come from a new coach with different ideas. You just gotta look at Aga Radwanska to see that. She disconnected her father from her tennis and look how well she's been doing since. 3 titles, a slam QF and most importantly-- consistency.
Old Feb 14th, 2012, 03:15 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmoose View Post
Didn't Sabine call her dad for coaching twice in this match? so it doesn't seem like she is trying to cut loose from him.

Complaints about Sabine's inability to adjust and lack of plan B is not new.
I just don't see any improvement. So why not try something different?
I with you! I'm just not as quick as questioning his ability as a coach in general. But he is maybe not the right coach for her at them moment/anymore because he is also her dad and she is growing up and we all know what that is like and that we don't want our parents to be around....? MAYBE!!! Just my thoughts here!!

But hey, just look at Woz. We don't want Sabine to make quick decisions that get her nowhere.

I LOVE her game when it's on. It's terrific. And the late disappointments seem to really have a mental side. So, they need to figure it out and if it means to change coach then so be it.
I'm sure Dad Lisicki is not the type to not let go. It's Sabine who has to make that decision IMO.
Old Feb 14th, 2012, 03:21 PM   #43
country flag moviemac

moviemac is a splendid one to behold moviemac is a splendid one to behold moviemac is a splendid one to behold moviemac is a splendid one to behold moviemac is a splendid one to behold moviemac is a splendid one to behold moviemac is a splendid one to behold moviemac is a splendid one to behold moviemac is a splendid one to behold moviemac is a splendid one to behold moviemac is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre View Post
Dubai here we come

Lets hope for a better draw first round needs to be easy this time, no more losses are acceptable.
Hm, I don't know. Maybe she should skip Dubai, take a vacation for the rest of the week, then go back to Florida and use those 2 weeks to prepare for IW. She desperately needs to win her next match and I just don't see her getting over those last 4 matches in a few days. I think mentally she can somehow handle losing to Sharapova, 2 matches in FedCup being the German No.1, and against an on-fire Kerber, but if she loses another match in Dubai to the likes of Martic, Pironkova or Garcia, that is reeaaally going to hurt. Go back to Florida, prepare for the US tournaments just like in July last year, that seemed to work. Ok, that was after Wimbledon, but still...
moviemac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2012, 03:26 PM   #44
country flag everythingtaboo

everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold

^ She's still in for doubles with Kiri in Doha. And she better not pull out. She need's more matches and wins to get her mind back on track.
Old Feb 14th, 2012, 03:30 PM   #45
country flag cosmoose

Azarenka and Kvitova are the most successful players of Sabine's generation.
What do they have in common?

They win when they are not playing their best.
They seem to be able to win in a variety of different ways.
They don't fold when the pressure increases.
They both have full time professional coach
They get zero input from their parents.

Just sayin'