2012 Qatar Open - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 12th, 2012, 04:56 AM   #16
country flag cosmoose

cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 Qatar Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike81 View Post
Again a leftie, and an in form one in Kerber. Has Sabine learnt from Fed Cup?
Angie is a lefty but her game is quite different from Petra.

Check out Stefanie Vögele's facebook fanpage!
cosmoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 12th, 2012, 05:29 AM   #17
country flag Mike81

Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmoose View Post
Angie is a lefty but her game is quite different from Petra.
True she's no Petra. This draw is a bit of a concern though for Bine fans. She needs a strong straight sets win in my opinion after a few heartbreaking 3 set losses in a row.

GENIE BOUCHARD- Australian Open Semi Finalist and Nuremburg Champion 2014!!

SABINE LISICKI- Miami Doubles Champion 2014!!

DOMINIKA CIBULKOVA Australian Open Runner Up 2014!!
Mike81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 06:17 AM   #18
country flag maturedgirl

maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre View Post
its a conspiracy against the German uprising in Womans Tennis

The more germans in MD, the higher possibility of german duels, that's the reverse side of german tennis wonder

Let's hope Angie wins today in a long tough match and decides to withdraw. Finally she needs some time to celebrate her first great win on WTA-Tour.

Then everything is clear for a Sabs Hf
maturedgirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 08:56 AM   #19
country flag everythingtaboo

everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold

Sabine is also playing doubles! With Kirilenko. With Sabine's serve, and Kiri's volleys they could/should be a pretty decent team.
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 09:38 AM   #20
country flag Mike81

Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future

Bine and Kiri doubles combination

Old Feb 12th, 2012, 10:30 AM   #21
country flag Sabinator.

Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by everythingtaboo View Post
Sabine is also playing doubles! With Kirilenko. With Sabine's serve, and Kiri's volleys they could/should be a pretty decent team.
Never expected that

For Doha singles... You couldn't get toughter rival in 1st round, especially for 9th seed, when it was sooo close to get a BYE In-form player, leftie, Angelique Kerber, could be very dangerous, Sabine needs to fear a little... But, Angie's playing a final in Paris indoor, so that's a big advantage for Sabine. She's in Doha for a quite long time, she certainly trained much on these courts. Angie will had a big problem: quick travel to Qatar, lack of training, shift from quick indoor surface and sterile conditions to quite slow court outdoors. In the past - every player reaching finals in Paris bumped out later very quickly or just withdrew. I just hope Marion will give Kerber a solid impression in the final to had no strenght for anything later

I'm generally optimistic. If she defeat Angie, later will be much easier. Go Sabine!

Oh, I forgot to add something... Small statistics. Sabine had 4 defeats in 2012. 1 against right-handed Sharapova and 3(!) against lefties (Kerber, Benesova, Kvitova). In Paris she had to play with Safarova

Magdalena Rybarikova * Su-Wei Hsieh * Jie Zheng * Jamie Hampton * Mathilde Johansson * Mona Barthel * Aleksandra Wozniak * Alison Riske
Andrea Petkovic * Jana Cepelova * Petra Cetkovska * Jovana Jaksic * Karolina Pliskova * Svetlana Kuznetsova * Yvonne Meusburger * Francesca Schiavone
Sabinator. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 11:44 AM   #22
country flag Rovegun

Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by everythingtaboo View Post
Quote:
Bine and Kiri doubles combination
agree! one of dream teams on tour really Masha´s volleys and Sabine´s serves could work pretty well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabinator. View Post
Never expected that

For Doha singles... You couldn't get toughter rival in 1st round, especially for 9th seed, when it was sooo close to get a BYE In-form player, leftie, Angelique Kerber, could be very dangerous, Sabine needs to fear a little... But, Angie's playing a final in Paris indoor, so that's a big advantage for Sabine. She's in Doha for a quite long time, she certainly trained much on these courts. Angie will had a big problem: quick travel to Qatar, lack of training, shift from quick indoor surface and sterile conditions to quite slow court outdoors. In the past - every player reaching finals in Paris bumped out later very quickly or just withdrew. I just hope Marion will give Kerber a solid impression in the final to had no strenght for anything later

I'm generally optimistic. If she defeat Angie, later will be much easier. Go Sabine!

Oh, I forgot to add something... Small statistics. Sabine had 4 defeats in 2012. 1 against right-handed Sharapova and 3(!) against lefties (Kerber, Benesova, Kvitova). In Paris she had to play with Safarova

agree! many winners of Paris lost in 1st or 2nd round of Doha... but players needs money and you can get some in 1st round as well... but it would be benefit for winners of previous tournament to rest for next week....
Rovegun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 11:51 AM   #23
country flag Specter
★ ★ ★ ★

Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute

Kiri and Bine!! I hope they're successful, because that's a combo I'd like to see more of.

For the singles, I'm a little pessimistic. Yes, Angie won't be fresh after Paris, but she's in great form and Bine is having one of her erratic phases. The h2h is also looking pretty grim.
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 06:04 PM   #24
country flag Ian Aberdon

Ian Aberdon has disabled reputation

And now Angie is a WTA champion! She might be tired, but if she plays, she'll be full of confidence, & why not!

At least Sabs knows she'll need to play well to beat her, unless as said, Angie skips Doha.

Ich liebe dich nicht, du liebst mich nicht it's a braw moonlicht nicht the nicht
Ian Aberdon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2012, 05:36 PM   #25
country flag Lisickinator

Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future Lisickinator has a brilliant future

first match tomorrow on center court at 3:30 pm (1:30 pm CET)

An accent is not an apostrophe.
Lisickinator is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2012, 01:54 PM   #26
country flag Geekking

Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of

ANOTHER TOURNAMENT, ANOTHER BAD MATCH, ANOTHER LOTS OF UES AND BAD FIST SERVE PERCENTAGE.
Kerber was tired, jetlagged and sleepless from Paris. She played bad but Sabine played worst.
What was her excuse to play this bad?

CHANGE YOUR COACH AND YOUR TEAM SABINE! PLEASE

PS: The guy who was sitting between her dad and mother was Dawid Celt who is Agnieszka Radwanska's hitting partner and 2nd coach. I think she tried to get help from him. If she does this is confirming that she needs a professional coach and a team!
Btw, she also took help from Samantha Stosur's coach, David Taylor when she was playing in Wimbledon.
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=450883

Last edited by Geekking : Feb 14th, 2012 at 02:09 PM.
Geekking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2012, 01:59 PM   #27
country flag everythingtaboo

everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold

^ AGREED! Disappointing loss after disappointing loss. 56 unforced errors for the match. Firstly, she need's a new coach and a proper trainer. Clearly the daddy-coach relationship isn't working anymore. She need's a back-up plan for when her first serve goes MIA like it did today. Or if not, get to serious work on that second serve. It's been letting her down too much lately.

Also, that handshake? SMH. I hate it when any player barely acknowledges their opponent after they played a good match. Sabine being one of my favourites doesn't change that opinion. That being said, congrats to Angie. She played a great match and I hope she does some damage in this tournament.

You'll all have to forgive me for being pretty harsh on Sabine. But at this present time, some tough love is needed.
Old Feb 14th, 2012, 02:15 PM   #28
country flag cosmoose

cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute

Sabine with a complete meltdown in the 3rd set.
Why was she panicking?
Angie had a stomach injury and could barely serve, yet Sabine was reacting to them like they were coming from Ivo Karlovic!

Angie played great but really, all she had to do was keep the ball in play because Sabine's strokes completely fell apart.
And that "handshake" was a joke. That was bush league. She is better than that.

But I've written this kind of post before. It seems when Sabine is bad, she is REALLY bad.

Check out Stefanie Vögele's facebook fanpage!
cosmoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2012, 02:15 PM   #29
country flag Mike81

I'm pro Sabs, I love her loads but I've run out of excuses for her. I don't care that she had viral illness or some preparation or a bad Head to Head with Kerber. Kerber didn't win the match, Sabine LOST it, and as lovely a person as Sabine normally appears to be, it's disappointing that handshake with her friend Angie. It's past 2 am in the morning and again I go to bed with a Sabs defeat fresh in the mind. Oh yeah, this feeling again!

Old Feb 14th, 2012, 02:22 PM   #30
country flag Geekking

Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of

Quote:
I'm pro Sabs, I love her loads but I've run out of excuses for her. I don't care that she had viral illness or some preparation or a bad Head to Head with Kerber. Kerber didn't win the match, Sabine LOST it, and as lovely a person as Sabine normally appears to be, it's disappointing that handshake with her friend Angie. It's past 2 am in the morning and again I go to bed with a Sabs defeat fresh in the mind. Oh yeah, this feeling again!
This time Kerber won. She fought till the end even if she was tired and jetlagged.
Geekking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote