Indian Wells 2012: Leggo, Heaux! - Page 74 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 19th, 2012, 12:51 AM   #1096
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of
Re: Indian Wells 2012: Leggo, Heaux!

I do not have high expectations for Miami tbh. I am worried about her ankle also. oh and, quick, someone bring Sasha on board...
AnaIvanovic (breakin my heart all the time), Sharapova, Zvonareva, Kuznetsova, Safina, Makiri, Vika, Schiavone (proud of her fighting spirit), W sisters, Petko, Goerges, Alex Krunic (counting on you 2)
ROGER FEDERER,RAFA NADAL, Delpo, Spanish Armada
MM_1257 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 19th, 2012, 01:15 AM   #1097
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of

Somebody create Miami thread please.
bye bye Indian Well
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#56
PAW Rank:#108
FITD Rank:#188
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 01:20 AM   #1098
Cherry.

Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldlion View Post
I'm hoping Vika will draw Serena in R3
Not gonna happen. Everyone knows that Serena will end up in Masha's quarter.
London Olympics 2012 - Proud Flag Bearer of Russian Federation & Silver Medalist

Julia Goerges|Martina Hingis|Roger Federer|Novak Djokovic|Stanislas Wawrinka|Grigor Dimitrov
Cherry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 01:25 AM   #1099
country flag ServeCaspian

ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2cruxs2 View Post
Somebody create Miami thread please.
bye bye Indian Well
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthrea...2#post21122382
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 01:28 AM   #1100
country flag graffite

graffite is a splendid one to behold graffite is a splendid one to behold graffite is a splendid one to behold graffite is a splendid one to behold graffite is a splendid one to behold graffite is a splendid one to behold graffite is a splendid one to behold graffite is a splendid one to behold graffite is a splendid one to behold graffite is a splendid one to behold graffite is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerqueen View Post
I don't think things are anywhere near as bad as people are making out. It's crushing to see performances like today, but it really does need to be pointed out who the opponent was. Vika is bossing the entire tour at the moment.

For me, last years Indian Wells was the point where Maria finally started to make significant progress back into the elite and since then her results have improved massively. I don't understand why people think that she's now reached her pleatau as "Finalpova", because there's still clear room for improvement in certain areas that aren't unfixable. People were saying that Maria had reached the maximum of her ability after the YEC mess, but since then she's made dramatic improvements in her serving, so why can't she still keep improving now? There'll obviously come a time when she will max out, but why should that be now when there's still more she can feasably improve on.

Losing so resoundingly stings, but at this very moment Azarenka is in a league of her own, and unless Maria has a really bad day, I'd say there are only three other players who can really touch her at the moment, (and two of them will probably be gone from the tour by January 1st anyway).
Agree with your middle para about Maria's comeback and her improved serve etc, which is why I'm still raising hope and expecting her to win.

I'm not so sure I'd agree about Vika bossing around the tour though. Even though she's been on a winning streak, in the deeper part of the tournies, it's been her usual pigeons - Aga, Sam etc. She isn't invincible. She was thiiiisss close to losing to Mona and Kerber fought back quite well. Kim pushed her at AO. That's really all I wanted to see from Masha today, just to be on equal footing. So, that stings a wee bit, yeah. It's just that Vika has deservedly some good confidence right now and that's making the rest of the tour go on the back foot and be hesitant rather than try and win.

But I agree, it's not the end - there were people on GM saying she should retire etc and I certainly don't think it's that dire. She will work things out like she did with her DFs and beat Vika. And more importantly, win a slam Maybe both, at Wimby.
It's not deluded to think that. Because less than a year ago, would we have expected her to win Rome?

Maria Sharapova, Sam Stosur, Jamie Hampton, Sofia Arvidsson, Mona Barthel, Julia Georges, Ana Ivanovic, Tsvetana Pironkova, Camila Giorgi.
Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva
graffite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 01:32 AM   #1101
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerqueen View Post
I don't think things are anywhere near as bad as people are making out. It's crushing to see performances like today, but it really does need to be pointed out who the opponent was. Vika is bossing the entire tour at the moment.

For me, last years Indian Wells was the point where Maria finally started to make significant progress back into the elite and since then her results have improved massively. I don't understand why people think that she's now reached her pleatau as "Finalpova", because there's still clear room for improvement in certain areas that aren't unfixable. People were saying that Maria had reached the maximum of her ability after the YEC mess, but since then she's made dramatic improvements in her serving, so why can't she still keep improving now? There'll obviously come a time when she will max out, but why should that be now when there's still more she can feasably improve on.

Losing so resoundingly stings, but at this very moment Azarenka is in a league of her own, and unless Maria has a really bad day, I'd say there are only three other players who can really touch her at the moment, (and two of them will probably be gone from the tour by January 1st anyway).
I agree with you and Craig that it's important to keep things in perspective and remember she's clearly right now one of the best 3 players in the world and that you'd bet on her to beat nearly anyone (which certainly wasn't the case 18 months ago).

That said, the fact she's now returned to the elite is a double-edged sword, because it means she's now held to higher standards and her season will be considered a failure really if she can't win a Slam this year, and to win a Slam she's probably going to have to find a way to beat Azarenka
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 01:36 AM   #1102
country flag Craig.
My girl

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Not to mention how much I hate how this matchup makes her look: much worse than she actually is.
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 01:41 AM   #1103
country flag pedropt

pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute

It's really on Maria's footwork. Once she improves that, she'll beat Azarenka.
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 01:46 AM   #1104
country flag ServeCaspian

ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest its too early in the season to make bad predictions. Masha didn't have the best of offseasons this year so it'll take a few more matches for her to get into form, besides she didn't actually really hit great form until Rome last year for me (arguably Miami but the result there and in IW was more will than tennis IMO).

People are forgetting how well she played in the AO and how well she served this week, max DF was 5 and GOAT second serve. Yes, the groundies weren't there a lot but this will all click into place with macthes and as Masha is making the SF and F of all her big tournaments for fun now, it should happen soon.

I am with you in the sense that I'm more excited more the clay season than Miami, but only because she has a nice training block and there is such a concerted effort in every rally on clay from her.

Vika is the big threat right now, Petra isn't outside of grass courts IMO but we will see. Serena and Clijsters (don't view her as a threat really - quite the fluke H2H) probably will only play one more season. The way our girl is playing she'll see Vika a lot more times this year, the more they play the sooner she'll figure her out. Its hard seeing her lose, todays stats prove who's raquet the match was on, no VikaGOAT BS please, she's a solid player who a well playing post-suregery Masha should still be overcoming. I have a feeling it will only take one solid win to sort that H2H out so have faith. The signs for the season are good. The season is long, and Masha's career will be longer still.
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 01:51 AM   #1105
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

She didn't play that great at all Oh well, onto the next one Still stoked with a final tbh
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 01:54 AM   #1106
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster View Post
Not to mention how much I hate how this matchup makes her look: much worse than she actually is.
This. It really pisses me off seeing posts in GM saying things like "Azarenka does everything Maria does better"... that might be true when comparing Serena to Maria (as much I hate her ), but when Maria is hitting more than 50% more winners than Azarenka even in matches where she's getting comprehensively beaten, it's pretty obvious who is the better aggressive player, even if Azarenka is and always will be a better mover and defender.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 05:02 AM   #1107
country flag MaitaBaby
fallshortpova

MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of

I don't understand her fluke returns on Vika's 90 MPH firsts. It's gross. What's next? Getting aced by Aga? Oh, wait...

Anyway, at least this wasn't as bad as AO. (Although, Maria has been trying to tell us that she was mentally unprepared for that AO final. Just can't say it in those words because she's supposedly ~mentally strong~ ) Aside from better returning, I honestly can't figure out what she can do to get over this Vika hump. Take even more risks? She can't finish at net because Vika can get pace on everything. So, go down the line more then close at net? Grow some balls and stop being Vika's b*tch?

I love this little bit she said after the final:
“I still don't think I was as aggressive as I should be, as I can be. I think that's the key really right now. But, yeah, it's okay. I mean, we're gonna play against each other a few more times, so I'll have time to change that.”
She's the one assuring everyone that it's okay. God bless you, Maria.

Last edited by MaitaBaby : Mar 19th, 2012 at 05:11 AM.
MaitaBaby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 05:32 AM   #1108
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

I changed my position.

Hit the fcking ball. Like yeah the wind was bad but some of those dismal forehands and backhands from her not hitting through the ball were freaking cringe-worthy. The lasso forehands on the run were absolutely abysmal too, the moment she had to slightly move out to the forehand side I had to pick up a pillow so I could scream into it.

Anyway, next time ...

Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 05:33 AM   #1109
country flag claypova
#sugarfamily

claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute

another final loss

good luck in Miami
claypova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 05:42 AM   #1110
country flag MaitaBaby
fallshortpova

MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of

This was me for most of her returns:

Snapped this of Hoggy and Masha in IW. You tell her to stop kidding around, Hogs!

I'm still proud though. We're now talking about what Maria needs to do to beat the #1 and no longer crying about losses to #99999.