Indian Wells 2012: Leggo, Heaux! - Page 73 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 18th, 2012, 11:42 PM   #1081
country flag goldlion

goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold
Re: Indian Wells 2012: Leggo, Heaux!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry. View Post
Not really. The high bounces will give Masha more time to set up her shots so they can have better angle & placement, which are also important for her if she wanted to finish points quicly. Also slow surface exposes her messy footwork to a lesser extent.
Nonononono I disagree. Giving Maria more time only means Vika has the same amount of time to regain court position.

What Vika has done every time is take the time away from Maria for her shot making and rush her for an error which proved to be extremely successful. Also the wind this morning doesn't help Maria at all with her timing of her groundstrokes. Let's face it, a basic Azarenka can already beat the Maria today. In Melbourne, Azarenka was using all the varieties and kept Maria guessing all the time. Today it's equivalent only Maria managed to take some advantage of Azarenka's lapses for 3 games in the 2nd set. Azarenka didn't even drop shot or have any net play today to win points!!!
goldlion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 18th, 2012, 11:45 PM   #1082
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry. View Post
Not really. The high bounces will give Masha more time to set up her shots so they can have better angle & placement, which are also important for her if she wanted to finish points quicly. Also slow surface exposes her messy footwork to a lesser extent.
That's true.
I was thinking about how she could beat Vika finishing the rallies in fewer shots, and clay doesn't really help that I think. Anyway it's true that she would have more time to place, so her footwork would be less important.
Anyway I'm crushed about the loss but overall hopeful for the future, after all if you think about it also Nole started to lose some match here and there, eventually Vika will slump a little bit and Maria has to be there to catch opportunities like Rafa and Roger do.
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 11:47 PM   #1083
country flag goldlion

goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
That's true.
I was thinking about how she could beat Vika finishing the rallies in fewer shots, and clay doesn't really help that I think. Anyway it's true that she would have more time to place, so her footwork would be less important.
Anyway I'm crushed about the loss but overall hopeful for the future, after all if you think about it also Nole started to lose some match here and there, eventually Vika will slump a little bit and Maria has to be there to catch opportunities like Rafa and Roger do.
I'm hoping Vika will draw Serena in R3
goldlion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 11:49 PM   #1084
country flag doooma6816

doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of

She played the best set on clay last year against Vika, and she started to play great in 2nd set...so maybe she'll beat her on clay finally.
Venus Ana Petra Pavly Franny
doooma6816 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 11:54 PM   #1085
country flag swissmr

swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute

Random observation: Maria needs to bring back the drive volley! If she wants to beat Vika she has to come forward and hit this shot more.

Look at these highlights against Clijsters. Maria's drive volley won her this match, she came forward at every single opportunity. And Clijsters is a better defender than Azarenka for sure.

swissmr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 11:57 PM   #1086
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack89 View Post
Wierdly enough, I still believe Maria can beat Vika. I mean, its all about executing the right tactics and in their past few matches, she just been really brainless and stupid in what she's doing on court.

Plus, can anyone explain why she always struggles on return against Vika?? It's not like Vika's serve is that good.
I think Maria is more than fully capable of beating Vika, she has the game to do it. For whatever reason she just doesn't bring when she's playing against Vika.

Maybe it would help if she plays her in a semi and not a final, but that's probably not going to happen for awhile.
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 11:58 PM   #1087
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Those highlights... I know she got trounced in the final, but even there, she looks like a completely different player.

Les reines de Paris.

Last edited by Craig. : Mar 19th, 2012 at 12:05 AM.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 12:03 AM   #1088
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Don't know what to say... It is a positive thing that she is in the final. But... This bitter taste...
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 12:11 AM   #1089
country flag slamchamp

slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sick of the bittersweet taste of her losing in finals

URUGUAY
slamchamp is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 12:14 AM   #1090
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

I am sick of tennis tbh. Thanks God Roger saved my day and IW. Otherwise...
Last year Djokovic destroyed ATP for me, now Vika does it for WTA. I like variety... I mean one can dominate, ok, but maybe a few tournaments could be won by someone else? (whose name is not Aga or Caro )
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 12:14 AM   #1091
country flag killerqueen

killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldlion View Post
I'm hoping Vika will draw Serena in R3
It's a worrying day when us Sharapova fans are hoping Serena goes deep enough in draws to kill off some threats. I'm accustomed to hoping that Serena loses early as possible to avoid Maria.

Elena Baltacha. Never forgotten.
killerqueen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 12:17 AM   #1092
country flag doooma6816

doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissmr View Post
Random observation: Maria needs to bring back the drive volley! If she wants to beat Vika she has to come forward and hit this shot more.

Look at these highlights against Clijsters. Maria's drive volley won her this match, she came forward at every single opportunity. And Clijsters is a better defender than Azarenka for sure.

Playing like this she would be killing everybody right now...sad. She improved her serve a lot...at least she doesn't make 10+ DFs in 2 sets, but it's not a weapon. Her ground strokes were absolutely amazing. Vika wouldn't have a chance against this Pova and it wasn't even peak Masha.
She needs to work on that footwork and groundstrokes.
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 12:19 AM   #1093
country flag doooma6816

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerqueen View Post
It's a worrying day when us Sharapova fans are hoping Serena goes deep enough in draws to kill off some threats. I'm accustomed to hoping that Serena loses early as possible to avoid Maria.
Serena hasn't played since AO where she was beaten by Makarova, so I'm not that optimistic about Miami and Serena destroying Vika haha.
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 12:25 AM   #1094
country flag MM_1257

Guys don't you think she does know she has to work on footwork? I think that the ankle is stopping her a bit... And that something is bugging her. She really looked weird to me from the little I saw in that match of Ana Masha.
Besides... Petra will stop Vika . LOL Not Serena, I do not have the faith in Serena anymore.
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 12:49 AM   #1095
country flag killerqueen

killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think things are anywhere near as bad as people are making out. It's crushing to see performances like today, but it really does need to be pointed out who the opponent was. Vika is bossing the entire tour at the moment.

For me, last years Indian Wells was the point where Maria finally started to make significant progress back into the elite and since then her results have improved massively. I don't understand why people think that she's now reached her pleatau as "Finalpova", because there's still clear room for improvement in certain areas that aren't unfixable. People were saying that Maria had reached the maximum of her ability after the YEC mess, but since then she's made dramatic improvements in her serving, so why can't she still keep improving now? There'll obviously come a time when she will max out, but why should that be now when there's still more she can feasably improve on.

Losing so resoundingly stings, but at this very moment Azarenka is in a league of her own, and unless Maria has a really bad day, I'd say there are only three other players who can really touch her at the moment, (and two of them will probably be gone from the tour by January 1st anyway).

Elena Baltacha. Never forgotten.
killerqueen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote