Indian Wells 2012: Leggo, Heaux! - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 15th, 2012, 04:25 PM   #61
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future
Re: Indian Wells 2012: Leggo, Heaux!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
Got to admire Maria that New York Fashion Week this week and Indian Wells in 3 weeks. So many balls in the air that she balances all the time.

Come to think about it, it's unfair for her to compete with full time jocks like Azarenka and Kvitova. Maria can't afford to become as strong because she can't lose her model look.

It will be near miracles if Maria wins more slam titles but will continue to hope for it.

I may be harsh on Maria sometimes, but I am still very positive about her chances. Look at where she was exactly a year ago- #18 in the world, without a Slam QF in 3 years, lost to Arn in Auckland, got demolished by petkovic in AO and suffered a humiliating loss to Razzano in Fed Cup
Not to mention she was completely out of form and ill, she even missed 2 months of play

A year later, she is ranked #2 in the world, with a Slam semi and 2 finals, wins over #1 Wozniacki, #4 Azarenka(at that time), #2 Kvitova, 2 big titles, many great results too.

She improving slowly and is very shaky in finals, but there will come a day when she will be ready and the mental barrier that's kept her from reaching her full form since comeback will be gone and she will win a Slam again.

Kvitova's career is just starting so it's easier now, but look at Azarenka, Li, Stosur, Schiavone who have been at the top for ages and couldn't win a Slam, but they finally did it when their head clicked.

Same thing with Maria to be honest, we just have to wait and hope it will be soon
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 15th, 2012, 04:34 PM   #62
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

Masha just has a mental barrier in finals these days it seems - the last (and only) convincing final match she played was against her pigeon Shanksur in Rome for christ sake. Other than that, her form has been absolutely horrible in those deciding matches...I just hope that she finally shakes it off, because I don't want her to become another Lendl of WTA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2012, 04:42 PM   #63
country flag ~MashyOwnThemAll

~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold

Well now, i need to agree with 18majors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterpova View Post

She improving slowly and is very shaky in finals, but there will come a day when she will be ready and the mental barrier that's kept her from reaching her full form since comeback will be gone and she will win a Slam again.
The problem with this, there is no time for her. Maybe She'll stay on the tour for more 1-2 years but from now, her body is no longer fit enough to deal with those tanks into the late stages. If after all, then mentaly just...

Quote:
Kvitova's career is just starting so it's easier now, but look at Azarenka, Li, Stosur, Schiavone who have been at the top for ages and couldn't win a Slam, but they finally did it when their head clicked.
Yes, but you forgot something: they not suffered a rotator cuff injury at age of 20. Of course the stars of nowadays would be out of top 100 forever after an operation like that.

Last edited by ~MashyOwnThemAll : Feb 15th, 2012 at 04:49 PM.
~MashyOwnThemAll is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2012, 05:08 PM   #64
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Vika is only 23 this year, like Petra, and they won a slam at 22.
They are very different from Li, Stosur and Schiavone who won their first slam at 27 or 29.
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2012, 05:24 PM   #65
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

Some people talk about Maria like she's 29 or 29 sometimes
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Marion Bartoli Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2012, 05:27 PM   #66
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

you still have delusional WS stans who are dreaming of their faves winning slams being 31+ years of age, yet some of Maria fans are writing her off at the age of 24...we sure aren't greedy fanbase, now are we?
Quote:

Last edited by madmax : Feb 15th, 2012 at 05:44 PM.
Old Feb 15th, 2012, 05:42 PM   #67
country flag ~MashyOwnThemAll

~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold

be skeptical about her slam chances in the future does not mean writing her off. She is the world nr.2 ffs

but you need to see: thx my God, the wta is so shit for years otherwise there would be no chance for her to grab a new slam in the old WTA Ok, she started to play on a new level this year () whats is much closer to her pre-surgery form than the post~ so we'll see.
~MashyOwnThemAll is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2012, 05:48 PM   #68
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
you still have delusional WS stans who are dreaming of their faves winning slams being 31+ years of age, yet some of Maria fans are writing her off at the age of 24...we sure aren't greedy fanbase, now are we?

Max if no one mentioned the WS don't bring it up, why talk like that if there's no need to? Just believe in Maria is all we need to. She's been to the final in the last 2 of 3 slams and the other Serena was there. As a WS and Maria fan those kinds of post piss me right off. No offence meant but you could cool it down a little if there's no reason for it.
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Marion Bartoli Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Old Feb 15th, 2012, 06:15 PM   #69
country flag madmax

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieOwen3 View Post
Max if no one mentioned the WS don't bring it up, why talk like that if there's no need to? Just believe in Maria is all we need to. She's been to the final in the last 2 of 3 slams and the other Serena was there. As a WS and Maria fan those kinds of post piss me right off. No offence meant but you could cool it down a little if there's no reason for it.
it's OK Jamie - usually I don't mention WS in my posts at all and I know that you seem to be a fan of one of them for some obscure reason, so from now on I'll just keep my opinion on them away from SS I guess I just find this lack of belief in some of Maria fans a bit irritating, when we have stans of old farts dreaming about multiple slams still...
Quote:
Old Feb 15th, 2012, 06:30 PM   #70
country flag JamieOwen3

We should just TRY at least keeping the positivity alive in here instead on drifting on what other fanbases think is what i mean. We know Maria can do it again and i said after australia i believe it will happen, it's only a matter of time.

Old Feb 15th, 2012, 07:51 PM   #71
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

This ffs. Next season Masha, Vika and Petra will more than likely be the only three players truly contending for Slams. NID Vika will be injured for a few future GSs and they both could be upset. Masha has IMO at least 15 more slams where she will be able to play at a high level. C'mon guys if Na/Stosur/Fran can sneak slams are you really gonna write Masha off. In fact IMO she still has two years to just continue to improve her game before worrying about another slam.

Also, Vika and Petra aren't experienced enough on clay, there's a reason why at RG'11 Masha was the youngest in the SF and at Wimbly'11 Masha was the oldest in the SF. Petra/Vika will have to learn the lessons Masha did in her career with regards to clay.

Also, if anything we shouldn't be hooked up on the slams this year as although I feel she could still be a top player by the time the next OG comes around, she should look to win them now.

Maria has consistently proved me wrong since she came back, and done so at the most unexpected times. Before last year who ever thought she'd be a realistic favourite for RG. Also, I thought she's never win AO again 'cus its at the beginning of the season and we all know how Masha relies on matches and momentum for form. But yet despite no match play and coming off an injury she shows up with the pre-op attitude of "It doesn't matter if I haven't played - I'm Maria Fucking Sharapova and I'm making the second week." Do you really that loss against Vika will crush her mentally. Please, she's suffered worse defeats from better players.

Keep the Faith Bitches, time is not running out.
Old Feb 15th, 2012, 08:52 PM   #72
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I just want her to stay away from Wozniacki and Azarenka in IW.
Oh I don't. I want her to play and beat Azarenka in IW (preferrably in the semis). If she wants to win a Slam this year, there's a strong chance she's going to have to go through Azarenka to get it, so there's no point just hoping to avoid her She needs to get a win over her in one of the smaller events so that she has confidence when she goes up against her in a Slam.

Maria would have little difficulty against Woz at this point, let's be serious I mean Woz is a shadow of the player she was even when Maria brushed her aside in Rome (making the semis at that tournament was Wozniacki's second-best Tier1 result in the entire past 12 months ). I really want her to play Kvitova again too - the AO win was a little too close for comfort, and I want her to make a statement that she's capable of outplaying her rather than just outfighting her.

I'd probably pick IW over Miami for her to win, purely because I wouldn't like her chances of winning Miami if she'd just gone deep in IW the week before...I doubt her stamina would be up to it. Even in 2006, when she was near-unbeatable on hardcourts, she eventually ran out of steam over those 4 weeks and played a horrible last couple of matches in Miami. Yeah, dream scenario for me this year would be a win in IW beating Azarenka and Kvitova, then a respectable 3-set defeat to Kim in the QFs of Miami, or something like that
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2012, 09:00 PM   #73
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Oh I don't. I want her to play and beat Azarenka in IW (preferrably in the semis). If she wants to win a Slam this year, there's a strong chance she's going to have to go through Azarenka to get it, so there's no point just hoping to avoid her She needs to get a win over her in one of the smaller events so that she has confidence when she goes up against her in a Slam.

Maria would have little difficulty against Woz at this point, let's be serious I mean Woz is a shadow of the player she was even when Maria brushed her aside in Rome (making the semis at that tournament was Wozniacki's second-best Tier1 result in the entire past 12 months ). I really want her to play Kvitova again too - the AO win was a little too close for comfort, and I want her to make a statement that she's capable of outplaying her rather than just outfighting her.

I'd probably pick IW over Miami for her to win, purely because I wouldn't like her chances of winning Miami if she'd just gone deep in IW the week before...I doubt her stamina would be up to it. Even in 2006, when she was near-unbeatable on hardcourts, she eventually ran out of steam over those 4 weeks and played a horrible last couple of matches in Miami. Yeah, dream scenario for me this year would be a win in IW beating Azarenka and Kvitova, then a respectable 7-6,7-5 defeat to I always find it hard to decide who she can lose to in the QFs of Miami, or something like that
The 3 set Queen could never...
Old Feb 15th, 2012, 09:04 PM   #74
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshazza View Post
This ffs. Next season Masha, Vika and Petra will more than likely be the only three players truly contending for Slams. NID Vika will be injured for a few future GSs and they both could be upset. Masha has IMO at least 15 more slams where she will be able to play at a high level. C'mon guys if Na/Stosur/Fran can sneak slams are you really gonna write Masha off. In fact IMO she still has two years to just continue to improve her game before worrying about another slam.

Also, Vika and Petra aren't experienced enough on clay, there's a reason why at RG'11 Masha was the youngest in the SF and at Wimbly'11 Masha was the oldest in the SF. Petra/Vika will have to learn the lessons Masha did in her career with regards to clay.

Also, if anything we shouldn't be hooked up on the slams this year as although I feel she could still be a top player by the time the next OG comes around, she should look to win them now.

Maria has consistently proved me wrong since she came back, and done so at the most unexpected times. Before last year who ever thought she'd be a realistic favourite for RG. Also, I thought she's never win AO again 'cus its at the beginning of the season and we all know how Masha relies on matches and momentum for form. But yet despite no match play and coming off an injury she shows up with the pre-op attitude of "It doesn't matter if I haven't played - I'm Maria Fucking Sharapova and I'm making the second week." Do you really that loss against Vika will crush her mentally. Please, she's suffered worse defeats from better players.

Keep the Faith Bitches, time is not running out.
Well said Maybe I'm too optimistic, but I really think she has a great chance of winning RG some time in the next couple of years, mainly because of Petra's and Vika's mentioned inexperience on the surface
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2012, 09:07 PM   #75
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshazza View Post
The 3 set Queen could never...
3-set Queen ruined couple of days of my life with that loss to Penneta. Not only did she lose after working so hard to come back, but she also lost to one of the close-to-the-top players I can't stand But, it was the only one, after all
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote