Maria's ranking breakdown in detail (and other random stats) - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 26th, 2012, 04:44 PM   #91
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future
Re: Maria's ranking breakdown in detail (and other random stats)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiiMo View Post
Basically here is the Top 10 with RG points off :
1 Vika Azarenka 8525
2 Maria Sharapova 7495
3 Agnieszka Radwanska 7075
4 Petra Kvitova 6000
5 Serena Williams 5700
6 Samantha Stosur 5285
7 Caroline Wozniacki 4211
8 Marion Bartoli 3975
9 Angelique Kerber 3560
10 Vera Zvonareva 3165

In order to overtake Azarenka, Maria got two solutions

- Winning RG, With Vika losing in SF or sooner
- Reaching the Final with Vika losing in R4 or sooner.

If Maria does not reach at least the final, no way she's having the first spot back

As for Maria to lose her 2nd spot :

- Maria just needs to do at least as good as Radwanska : If Maria loses in 1R and Aga goes at least to QF, she's Nr.3
- If Aga Wins, she'll overtake Maria for sure, no matter where she stops in RG
- If Aga is in the final, Maria will need to be against her and win the final in order to stay nbr.2

If Petra wants to overtake Masha she'll have to take the title and hope for Maria to lose in 4R or sooner

I guess the Nbr 2 ranking is pretty safe but that having this first spot back will be difficult , She'll be able to do so after the USO I guess.
Thanks. Additionally, Maria will defend 1,400 points from 2011 Wimbledon soon.

It's cold in high places, I'm sure Maria understands it more than all of us.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 27th, 2012, 01:26 PM   #92
country flag MiiMo

MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
Thanks. Additionally, Maria will defend 1,400 points from 2011 Wimbledon soon.

It's cold in high places, I'm sure Maria understands it more than all of us.
True. But Petra will defend 2000 points, while Azarenka will defend 900 points. ARad lost in 3R last year and has a great shot out there. But she also have some Eastbourne points to take care of I guess... We'll figure it out after RG though

World Number One : The One and Only One

PS : Haters gonna hate

Follow me on Twitter : http://twitter.com/UpdateWTA
MiiMo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 03:14 PM   #93
country flag Steven.

Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute

Maria will be no. 1 for the next 4 weeks

and to stay ahead of Vika after Wimbledon she only needs to reach the same round Vika does which is very doable. this might just turn out to be her longest streak at no. 1
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 03:19 PM   #94
country flag claypova
#sugarfamily

claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute

then she'll hit 20+

people say they dont care about #1 ranking, but i do. It's the cherry on top
claypova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 04:14 PM   #95
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven. View Post
Maria will be no. 1 for the next 4 weeks

and to stay ahead of Vika after Wimbledon she only needs to reach the same round Vika does which is very doable. this might just turn out to be her longest streak at no. 1
Maria said that she wanted to be No. 1 and to play like a true No. 1. She will have plenty of chances to do that.

Maria will have a big chance to end 2012 as No. 1 because she doesn't have a lot to defend other than 1,400 from 2011 Wimbledon and 900 from 2011 Cincy.
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 04:40 PM   #96
country flag Steven.

Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute

yes! she's also leading the race to YEC so that's a good sign for ending the year at no. 1 but i'll wait for julian to update
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 04:45 PM   #97
country flag Rerun
procrastination

Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute

yay
Rerun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 05:34 PM   #98
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

I don't care much for the rankings, but it's nice to see her back on the top spot with a Slam, no doubt about that

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 05:47 PM   #99
country flag 18majors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria Croft View Post
I don't care much for the rankings, but it's nice to see her back on the top spot with a Slam, no doubt about that
Maria cares more about playing like a true No. 1 than the ranking itself, what an attitude?
Old Jun 10th, 2012, 07:42 AM   #100
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

I think she's looking pretty good to keep her number one ranking for a while if she has a good Wimbledon showing?
Besides her one remaining title last season coming, there doesn't seem like there's that many points for her to defend, right?

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2012, 07:57 AM   #101
country flag Shivank17

Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute

If I am not wrong, if you remove Wimbledon points, Maria would be 190 points ahead of Vika, so she just needs to make the same round as Vika at Wimbledon to remain No.1.

And after Wimbledon, the only big thing Maria has to defend is her Cincinnati title, she can add up lot of points at Rogers Cup, US Open(though even Vika has just a R3 to defend), Tokyo, Beijing(if she plays) and of course the YEC(where Vika was a Finalist last year) so she can get the Year-end No.1 ranking.

Career Grand Slam + Silver Medalist.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
Twitter: @Shivank17
Shivank17 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2012, 08:13 AM   #102
country flag GrandMartha

GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute

and all the talk about the Vulture taking the number 2 spot from Masha after Wimbledon is inevitable
How fast things can change
Old Jun 10th, 2012, 09:54 AM   #103
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute

Maria is #1 now on the Race to 2012 Istanbul YEC

Latest Update:

Current Race Position (After Roland Garros)

Race Singles (As of June 11, 2012)

1. Maria Sharapova 6540 (9)
2. Victoria Azarenka 6045 (10)
3. Agnieszka Radwanska 4166 (12)
4. Sara Errani 3130 (12)
5. Angelique Kerber 2850 (12)
6. Samantha Stosur 2621 (12)
7. Petra Kvitova 2590 (10)
8. Serena Williams 2520 (8)
------------------------------------------------------
9. Li Na 2371 (10)
10. Caroline Wozniacki 1972 (11)
------------------------------------------------------
11. Marion Bartoli 1923 (13)
12. Kaia Kanepi 1659 (10)
13. Ana Ivanovic 1547 (11)
14. Dominika Cibulkova 1435 (14)
15. Julia Goerges 1386 (13)
16. Lucie Safarova 1258 (13)
17. Kim Clijsters 1180 (6)
18. Mona Barthel 1114 (13)
19. Flavia Pennetta 1110 (11)
20. Maria Kirilenko 1100 (12)

• Maria Sharapova • Dominika Cibulkova • Ksenia Pervak • Eugenie Bouchard •
• Andy Roddick • Mikhail Youzhny • Grigor Dimitrov • Novak Djokovic • Benoit Paire •
tumblr. • graphics thread •
Julian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2012, 10:11 AM   #104
country flag claypova
#sugarfamily

claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute

and only 9 tournaments (counted)
claypova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2012, 10:17 AM   #105
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by claypova View Post
and only 9 tournaments (counted)
This so much Highlights the insanely high level of consistency she's been playing with and just the fact that she's been to the QF of ALL tournaments this year, pretty damn good.

Actually, if I'm not wrong, it has been F-QF-F-F-W-W-W. The other 2 are zero pointers?
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote