Maria's ranking breakdown in detail (and other random stats) - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 12th, 2012, 01:51 PM   #76
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of
Re: Maria's ranking breakdown in detail (and other random stats)

I have some question: Is a Fedcup match/Challenger tournament/Qulifying count for CAREER WON/LOST ? or What kind of match/tournament is count for CAREER WON/LOST??
Tennis Tipping :#239, Suicide Tennis: #127, PAW: #108, Tipping: #56, FITD: #188

Won in 2014
Tennis Triathlon: Acapulco
Suicide Tennis: Charleston

Last edited by Crux Squall : May 12th, 2012 at 02:03 PM.
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 12th, 2012, 04:04 PM   #77
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2cruxs2 View Post
I have some question: Is a Fedcup match/Challenger tournament/Qulifying count for CAREER WON/LOST ? or What kind of match/tournament is count for CAREER WON/LOST??
FedCup is counted in career H2H, please see attached http://tennis.wettpoint.com/en/h2h/78805-79427.html.

Qualifying for WTA tournament should also be counted but I'm not sure about ITF/Challenger events.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2012, 03:06 AM   #78
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
FedCup is counted in career H2H, please see attached http://tennis.wettpoint.com/en/h2h/78805-79427.html.

Qualifying for WTA tournament should also be counted but I'm not sure about ITF/Challenger events.
Thanks
I have search some info so I guess Challenger is counted
http://www.wtatennis.com/headtohead/...9~5288,00.html
Tennis Tipping :#239, Suicide Tennis: #127, PAW: #108, Tipping: #56, FITD: #188

Won in 2014
Tennis Triathlon: Acapulco
Suicide Tennis: Charleston
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2012, 09:26 AM   #79
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of

Lemme see - Trying to do some complicated math her - - As of May 07

Masha has 8260 pts and A. Radwanska 6750 pts

QF in Madrid gives 250 pts (Masha: 8260 + 250 = 8510 pts)

SF in Madrid gives 450 pts (Agniezska 6750 + 450= 7200 pts)

Conclusion - Masha will remain the #2 next week - Whether she can hold that spot after Rome depends a lot on how deep she and Agniezska get

Interesting S. Williams currently has 4300 pts - Final in Madrid give 750 pts and the champ gets 1000 pts

Also what happens with P. Kvitova the defending champion who was out in R2 already? How many pts will she lose? - And what about M. Bartoli out in R1 already? - I think the Rankings List will look different next week

Do correct me if I'm wrong - I'm new at this -

Last edited by MashaFan01 : May 13th, 2012 at 09:37 AM.
MashaFan01 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2012, 09:31 AM   #80
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

if I understand correctly, there are 500+ points currently separating Fluffwanska and Maria (that's with both Madrid's and Rome's last years points off). So if Maria does better in Rome or wins it again, the gap could increase to 1000 very soon. Well, these are my calculations at least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2012, 09:39 AM   #81
country flag claypova
#sugarfamily

claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute

with RG and Wimbledon coming, she needs that gap to increase!!
claypova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2012, 09:40 AM   #82
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
if I understand correctly, there are 500+ points currently separating Fluffwanska and Maria (that's with both Madrid's and Rome's last years points off). So if Maria does better in Rome or wins it again, the gap could increase to 1000 very soon. Well, these are my calculations at least.
Please explain: that's with both Madrid's and Rome's last years points off???
Old May 13th, 2012, 09:56 AM   #83
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by claypova View Post
with RG and Wimbledon coming, she needs that gap to increase!!
Definitely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashaFan01 View Post
Please explain: that's with both Madrid's and Rome's last years points off???
Well he is talking about the actual rankings with Madrid and Rome points off from last year + Madrid points on from this year, get it .Take a look at this, this is the actual rankings points.
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....89&postcount=2
Old May 13th, 2012, 12:26 PM   #84
country flag MashaFan01

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
Definitely.
Well he is talking about the actual rankings with Madrid and Rome points off from last year + Madrid points on from this year, get it .Take a look at this, this is the actual rankings points.
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....89&postcount=2
Thanks - I'm slowly getting the hang of it - - Not really there yet

So the top 3 are unchanged - that's great

Anyways - wow - C. Wozniacki has dropped additional ranking and is now #8? - da poor gurl! - It will be a long way back for her

Serena Williams is climbing - #6 next week - but - if I understand it right - all the pts she gains in tournaments count since she's nothing to "defend"?
Old May 13th, 2012, 01:03 PM   #85
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Anyways - wow - C. Wozniacki has dropped additional ranking and is now #8? - da poor gurl! - It will be a long way back for her

Serena Williams is climbing - #6 next week - but - if I understand it right - all the pts she gains in tournaments count since she's nothing to "defend"?
yep the higher she is the better tbh.
Old May 14th, 2012, 01:31 AM   #86
country flag goldlion

goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold

Maria should focus on winning a grand slam this year instead of hunting for the No.1 ranking because it will be very very tough to achieve, considering the rest of the year Azarenka has a higher chance of performing better than her, espeically grand slams.
goldlion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2012, 11:28 AM   #87
country flag Steven.

Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Yep. Every pt Serena earns for now will be directly added onto her ranking, but that'll end shortly with Eastbourne around the corner.

Wozniacki still has quite a bit to defend as she won Brussels last year. In fact, I don't think she's going back there at all this year so her ranking will dip to 9th or 10th maybe. We'll have to see how Kerber and whoever is 9th does in the next few weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
yep the higher she is the better tbh.
I'd prefer Serena in the 9-12 bracket so that way she draws players in the 5-8 range in R16 like Na and Woz oh well

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldlion View Post
Maria should focus on winning a grand slam this year instead of hunting for the No.1 ranking because it will be very very tough to achieve, considering the rest of the year Azarenka has a higher chance of performing better than her, espeically grand slams.
i'm sure she knows. With wins comes your ranking and that's it. I'm sure she's only focused on each tournament she enters.
Old May 20th, 2012, 05:18 PM   #88
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute

Latest Update:

Current Race Position (After Rome)

Race Singles (As of May 21, 2012)

1. Victoria Azarenka 5765 (9)
2. Maria Sharapova 4540 (8)
3. Agnieszka Radwanska 3536 (10)
4. Serena Williams 2515 (7)
5. Angelique Kerber 2350 (11)
6. Li Na 2091 (9)
7. Marion Bartoli 1822 (11)
8. Caroline Wozniacki 1812 (10)
------------------------------------------------------
9. Sara Errani 1730 (11)
10. Samantha Stosur 1721 (11)
------------------------------------------------------
11. Petra Kvitova 1690 (9)
12. Ana Ivanovic 1387 (10)
13. Julia Goerges 1226 (12)
14. Kim Clijsters 1180 (5)
15. Lucie Safarova 1158 (12)
16. Mona Barthel 1108 (11)
17. Daniela Hantuchova 1086 (9)
18. Maria Kirilenko 999 (10)
19. Kaia Kanepi 959 (8)
20. Flavia Pennetta 950 (10)

• Maria Sharapova • Dominika Cibulkova • Ksenia Pervak • Eugenie Bouchard •
• Andy Roddick • Mikhail Youzhny • Grigor Dimitrov • Novak Djokovic •
tumblr.graphics thread
Julian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2012, 02:41 PM   #89
country flag MashaFan01

So - What to expect can happen after the FO - Masha's current total of ranking points is 8390 - Strip 900 (SF last year) and she's 7490 ranking points left - If she makes it to the QF than she can add 500 to those (losing 400) ending up 7990 - As far as I can see - both A. Radwanska and P. Kvitova - can grab the #2 position from her if either one of them should win the FO and can add an additional 2000 points to their total ranking points - Am I right?

Last edited by MashaFan01 : May 26th, 2012 at 04:26 PM.
Old May 26th, 2012, 03:47 PM   #90
country flag MiiMo

MiiMo is a splendid one to behold MiiMo is a splendid one to behold MiiMo is a splendid one to behold MiiMo is a splendid one to behold MiiMo is a splendid one to behold MiiMo is a splendid one to behold MiiMo is a splendid one to behold MiiMo is a splendid one to behold MiiMo is a splendid one to behold MiiMo is a splendid one to behold MiiMo is a splendid one to behold

Basically here is the Top 10 with RG points off :
1 Vika Azarenka 8525
2 Maria Sharapova 7495
3 Agnieszka Radwanska 7075
4 Petra Kvitova 6000
5 Serena Williams 5700
6 Samantha Stosur 5285
7 Caroline Wozniacki 4211
8 Marion Bartoli 3975
9 Angelique Kerber 3560
10 Vera Zvonareva 3165

In order to overtake Azarenka, Maria got two solutions

- Winning RG, With Vika losing in SF or sooner
- Reaching the Final with Vika losing in R4 or sooner.

If Maria does not reach at least the final, no way she's having the first spot back

As for Maria to lose her 2nd spot :

- Maria just needs to do at least as good as Radwanska : If Maria loses in 1R and Aga goes at least to QF, she's Nr.3
- If Aga Wins, she'll overtake Maria for sure, no matter where she stops in RG
- If Aga is in the final, Maria will need to be against her and win the final in order to stay nbr.2

If Petra wants to overtake Masha she'll have to take the title and hope for Maria to lose in 4R or sooner

I guess the Nbr 2 ranking is pretty safe but that having this first spot back will be difficult , She'll be able to do so after the USO I guess.

World Number One : The One and Only One

PS : Haters gonna hate

Follow me on Twitter : http://twitter.com/UpdateWTA
MiiMo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote