Maria's ranking breakdown in detail (and other random stats) - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 30th, 2012, 09:28 AM   #46
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of
Re: Maria's ranking breakdown in detail (and other random stats)

huh... Madrid and the Rome points coming off. Huge task...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 30th, 2012, 10:56 AM   #47
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute

Latest Update:

Current Race Position (After Stuttgart)

Race Singles (As of April 30, 2012)

1. Victoria Azarenka 4940 (7)
2. Maria Sharapova 3390 (6)
3. Agnieszka Radwanska 3085 (8)
4. Marion Bartoli 1816 (9)
5. Angelique Kerber 1815 (9)
6. Caroline Wozniacki 1671 (8)
7. Petra Kvitova 1385 (7)
8. Samantha Stosur 1346 (9)
------------------------------------------------------
9. Sara Errani 1300 (8)
10. Li Na 1221 (7)
------------------------------------------------------
11. Kim Clijsters 1180 (4)
12. Ana Ivanovic 1122 (8)
13. Serena Williams 1120 (5)
14. Julia Goerges 1096 (10)
15. Daniela Hantuchova 1086 (8)
16. Mona Barthel 1028 (10)
17. Jelena Jankovic 933 (11)
18. Maria Kirilenko 888 (7)
19. Lucie Safarova 878 (10)
20. Yanina Wickmayer 846 (9)

• Maria Sharapova • Dominika Cibulkova • Ksenia Pervak • Eugenie Bouchard •
• Andy Roddick • Mikhail Youzhny • Grigor Dimitrov • Novak Djokovic • Benoit Paire •
tumblr. • graphics thread •
Julian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 10:58 AM   #48
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

Are we sure that Maria got a 0 for Charleston? I'm a bit confused with all these numbers!

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 11:12 AM   #49
country flag Steven.

Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jechijo View Post
Are we sure that Maria got a 0 for Charleston? I'm a bit confused with all these numbers!
yep. She ended last year in the top 10 and so she had to commit to two premier 700 tournaments, and one of them being Charleston. She withdrew from that so unfortunately the 0-pointer must count towards her rank. Same with Beijing.

to put it simply, the following must count on her ranking:
- Grand Slams (4)
- YEC (1)
- Premier Mandatory (4)
- Premier 5 (2)
- Premier 700 commitment tournaments (2) one of which is yet to be played
meaning she's played 12 tournaments which must count towards her pts. From these tournaments she's earned 7340 pts.

The rest of the non-mandatory tournaments she entered in is Canada (125), Tokyo (225), Paris Indoors (120), Stuttgart (470), Stanford (120) but there's only space for four more tournaments to count and we take her best pts (i.e. the bolded ones) for a total of 8280 pts

thanks julian. updating race ranks now
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 11:14 AM   #50
country flag Shivank17

Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute

Why didn't she commit to Paris and Stuttgart?

They both are P700s right?

Career Grand Slam + Silver Medalist.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
Twitter: @Shivank17
Shivank17 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 11:28 AM   #51
country flag Steven.

Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridesMaidPova View Post

Yep they're both P700s, but I'm not really entirely sure about the former question.

There's actually no specifications about what P700 tournaments she must commit to, with the only restriction being that only 2 top 10 players can commit to a tournament. Maybe she just missed out on Stuttgart.

I don't know who gets priority to commit or on what basis they do it but yeah... as far as I know, the WTA also doesn't release which tournament each member of the top 10 commit to either, so for now we just know that Charleston is one of them
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 11:29 AM   #52
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven. View Post
yep. She ended last year in the top 10 and so she had to commit to two premier 700 tournaments, and one of them being Charleston. She withdrew from that so unfortunately the 0-pointer must count towards her rank. Same with Beijing.

to put it simply, the following must count on her ranking:
- Grand Slams (4)
- YEC (1)
- Premier Mandatory (4)
- Premier 5 (2)
- Premier 700 commitment tournaments (2) one of which is yet to be played
meaning she's played 12 tournaments which must count towards her pts. From these tournaments she's earned 7340 pts.

The rest of the non-mandatory tournaments she entered in is Canada (125), Tokyo (225), Paris Indoors (120), Stuttgart (470), Stanford (120) but there's only space for four more tournaments to count and we take her best pts (i.e. the bolded ones) for a total of 8280 pts
Thank you!

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 08:05 PM   #53
country flag Jack89

Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light

I still don't get why she got a 0 pointer for Charleston. The P700 events are Brisbane, Carlsbad, Dubai, Paris(Indoors), Stanford and Stuttgart. She pulled out of Brisbane due to injury so therefore she doesn't get a 0 pointer. And she played Paris and Stuttgart so she's comitted to two. Yet she still gets a 0 pointer for Charleston even though it was never on her schedule to begin with. Just find it confusing.
Jack89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 08:28 PM   #54
country flag Sharapovian
RG '14

Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridesMaidPova View Post

Apparently Paris doesn't count as a commitment tournament:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis Observer View Post
As Masha finished 2011 tour year as # 4. As a Top 10 player she has to commit to two out of seven P700 tournaments (Brisbane, Dubai, Charleston, Stuttgart, Stanford, Carlsbad & Moscow - as Paris [Indoors] has only a 637K minimum prize money, this event is not entitled to Player Commitment). If Maria committed to P700 Charleston she will recieve a mandatory 0 pointer as she don't play there.
Sharapovian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 01:44 AM   #55
country flag perseus2006
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute

An interesting set of numbers. Take the current rankings for Vika and Pova, subtract 2011 Madrid points and add back in the 17th tournament points and you get the 2012 starting point for Vika, 8600, and Pova, 8260.

Only 340 points separate the two. There are a number of scenarios for Pova to take the #1 Rank from Vika at Madrid. Given the bad blood between them, that would be just oh, so funny.
perseus2006 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 10:11 AM   #56
country flag Steven.

Maria can become no. 1 if Azarenka loses in R1 and Maria wins Madrid.
Old May 6th, 2012, 10:15 AM   #57
country flag Shivank17

Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute

Come on Sveta.

But don't see that happening, neither do I want that to happen before she wins RG or any slam.

Career Grand Slam + Silver Medalist.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
Twitter: @Shivank17
Shivank17 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 10:18 AM   #58
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven. View Post
Maria can become no. 1 if Azarenka loses in R1 and Maria wins Madrid.
Actually if Vika loses in 1sr round, a semifinal would be enough to take this spot but then she still has 900 points to defend in Rome she won't keep that ranking a long time IMO. Anyway a N2 seems good to me ATM, the n1 ranking will come sooner or later.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 12:25 PM   #59
country flag JoPova

I really love this thread! Thank you Steven for keeping it updated!

Maria's now 6-3 against top 10 players. It really should've been 7-2 though. That loss to that thing in Miami!

Old May 6th, 2012, 02:43 PM   #60
country flag abesky

abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice

That thing. But Claypova is reigning right now. I just don't want to jinx her.
abesky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote