Paola Suarez Dobles Queen Comeback Cheering Thread - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 9th, 2012, 11:45 AM   #1
country flag LegionArgentina

LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute
Paola Suarez Dobles Queen Comeback Cheering Thread

One of South America's all-time greats will be coming out of retirement this year, starting next week in fact. Former World No.1 doubles player Paola Suárez will play doubles over the next six months with fellow Argentine Gisela Dulko, with her sights set on winning a medal at the Olympics this summer.

Suárez, whose career spanned 14 seasons from 1994 to 2007, is one of the most successful doubles players of all time on the WTA. She won 44 WTA doubles titles, including eight Grand Slams, all with Spain's Virginia Ruano Pascual: one Australian Open (2004), four French Opens (2001, 2002, 2004, 2005) and three US Opens (2002, 2003, 2004). South America's first No.1 of any kind, she spent 87 weeks as the top doubles player in the world.

"We had really nice moments and will always have good memories," Suárez said of longtime partner Ruano Pascual. "We had a great time on the court, laughing and having fun. That was the key to our partnership. And we're friends as well. Virginia was important for my career and in my memories of tennis."

After a few years of injuries, in particular a hip injury that forced her to miss the second half of 2005, Suárez went into retirement after the 2007 US Open.

"After the hip surgery I didn't feel really good, and I've had too many injuries since then," Suárez said that September. "I just feel beaten. And I'm not having the same results. And I'm 30 years old - it's time to move on."

Years passed and Suárez pursued other projects, but a casual coffee with Dulko in Miami last spring - where they talked about the possibility of playing the Olympics together - ignited the spark, that desire to compete at the highest level of professional tennis again. Calling it the most difficult but at the same time most beautiful blogs she has written in four years at ESPNdeportes, the 35-year-old announced her comeback to the WTA doubles scene.

"One night in November, Gisela came to dinner with me and my husband," she wrote. "I'm not sure where it came from but suddenly I felt a great desire to meet the challenge... That was the beginning and now I'm ready to face the challenge. I'm going to do my best - I'll work, practice and focus as hard as I can.

"It's going to be the most difficult but most exciting challenge of my life."

Suárez has in fact been training hard and the road begins in a matter of days, at Bogotá next week - they will continue in Monterrey, Acapulco, Indian Wells and Miami, then have planned to continue through the spring and summer.

The only Grand Slam title missing in Suárez's cabinet is Wimbledon, where she and Ruano Pascual were runners-up three times (2002, 2003, 2006). She has one Olympic medal from 2004, with countrywoman Patricia Tarabini.

Suárez also had a great singles career, winning four WTA singles titles (including two in Bogotá, in 1998 and 2001) and making the quarterfinals or better four times at Grand Slams (she was a quarterfinalist at the 2002 French Open, the 2003 US Open and 2004 Wimbledon, and a semifinalist at the 2004 French Open). She had a singles career-high No.9, one of only two South Americans ever to crack the singles Top 10 (after Gabriela Sabatini).

When Suárez retired in 2007, she was asked what her best memories from her career were - perhaps her words foreshadowed this comeback, the goal of which is to participate in arguably the greatest international event there is.

"I was always so surprised at how so many players from different nations could come together," the Argentine said upon her retirement. "We were all different in culture and language, but came together with one thing in common."

*Peng*Tanasurgarn*SuarezNavarro*Duarte*Martic*Ryba rikova*
*Irigoyen*Botto*Ormaechea*Pella*Lucero*Pereira*Tow nsend*

*Kurata*Gamiz*Perez*SaiSai Zheng*Errani*Ce*ForetzGacon*
.Podoroska.Bonardi.HaddadMaia.PerezRojas.Gonzalez.
*Furlanetto*Goncalves*Pigossi*AlvarezTeran*DuqueMa rino*
LegionArgentina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 9th, 2012, 11:49 AM   #2
country flag Gaston_db

Gaston_db is a splendid one to behold Gaston_db is a splendid one to behold Gaston_db is a splendid one to behold Gaston_db is a splendid one to behold Gaston_db is a splendid one to behold Gaston_db is a splendid one to behold Gaston_db is a splendid one to behold Gaston_db is a splendid one to behold Gaston_db is a splendid one to behold Gaston_db is a splendid one to behold Gaston_db is a splendid one to behold
Re: Paola Suarez Dobles Queen Comeback Cheering Thread

This thread should be next to Gisela´s thread, just like in old times. We should ask the mods for that change
Gaston_db is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2012, 11:51 AM   #3

LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute

She said also that she will only play with Gisela.
Cant wait to see her again

Old Feb 9th, 2012, 04:06 PM   #4
country flag Milito22

Milito22 has a reputation beyond repute Milito22 has a reputation beyond repute Milito22 has a reputation beyond repute Milito22 has a reputation beyond repute Milito22 has a reputation beyond repute Milito22 has a reputation beyond repute Milito22 has a reputation beyond repute Milito22 has a reputation beyond repute Milito22 has a reputation beyond repute Milito22 has a reputation beyond repute Milito22 has a reputation beyond repute

Milito22 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2012, 11:28 AM   #5
country flag COSAT

COSAT is a splendid one to behold COSAT is a splendid one to behold COSAT is a splendid one to behold COSAT is a splendid one to behold COSAT is a splendid one to behold COSAT is a splendid one to behold COSAT is a splendid one to behold COSAT is a splendid one to behold COSAT is a splendid one to behold COSAT is a splendid one to behold COSAT is a splendid one to behold

Estuvo trabajando mucho por el tenis femenino Paola, brindando clinicas y fomentando el mismo en muchos lugares de la argentina. Una genia dentro y fuera de la cancha.
It is great to see her back again on a tennis court.

www.cosat.org

www.aat.com.ar
el objetivo es el de promover, fomentar y desarrollar el tenis en todo el país
COSAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 10:05 PM   #6
country flag pregunta

pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light

Bogotá 2012 - Doubles Draw

(1)E.Birnerova/Panova vs. (WC)Castiblanco/Ormaechea
Auroux/Irigoyen vs. (WC)Dulko/Suarez
(4)Abramovic/Pelletier vs. Babos/Savinykh
Arruabarrena-Vecino/Cabeza Candela vs. Cadantu/Olaru

Dominguez Lino/Oprandi vs. Alves/Cohen
Gallovits-Hall/Knapp vs. (3)Luzhanska/Woerle
Costas-Moreira/Ferrer Suarez vs. Minella/Voegele
Castano/Duque Marino vs. (2)Fichman/Sun

...MOLINERO...IRIGOYEN...
...DUARTE... PODOROSKA...
...PELLA...VEGA...

Veronica Cepede Paula Ormaechea Monica Puig
pregunta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2012, 03:39 AM   #7
country flag dulkogii

dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future

good luck !
Old Feb 15th, 2012, 07:37 PM   #8
country flag dulkogii

dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future

No me deja ver el partido , alguien sabe otro livestream ?
Old Feb 15th, 2012, 07:55 PM   #9
country flag Eugenia

Eugenia has a brilliant future Eugenia has a brilliant future Eugenia has a brilliant future Eugenia has a brilliant future Eugenia has a brilliant future Eugenia has a brilliant future Eugenia has a brilliant future Eugenia has a brilliant future Eugenia has a brilliant future Eugenia has a brilliant future Eugenia has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulkogii View Post
No me deja ver el partido , alguien sabe otro livestream ?
Probá con este: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/copabb..._medium=social
¤WTA #1 Doubles Player / 2011 AO Doubles Champion¤

Paola Suárez ♥ María Emilia Salerni ♥ Clarisa Fernandez ♥ Paula Ormaechea ♥ Betina Jozami
Justine Henin ♥ Elena Dementieva ♥ Flavia Pennetta ♥ Daniela Hantuchova
Maria Sharapova ♥ Maria Kirilenko ♥ Nicole Vaidisova ♥ Dominika Cibulkova ♥ Ashley Harkleroad
Eugenia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2012, 08:58 PM   #10

They lost 6-4//6-4
Did not see the whole match but most of it and Paola look fine,probably need to work more on serve but some doubles tactics are still there.

Old Feb 16th, 2012, 01:51 AM   #11
country flag IanRadi
Winter is coming.

IanRadi has a reputation beyond repute IanRadi has a reputation beyond repute IanRadi has a reputation beyond repute IanRadi has a reputation beyond repute IanRadi has a reputation beyond repute IanRadi has a reputation beyond repute IanRadi has a reputation beyond repute IanRadi has a reputation beyond repute IanRadi has a reputation beyond repute IanRadi has a reputation beyond repute IanRadi has a reputation beyond repute

Guys, couldn't watch it! What were your feelings? How did you notice Paola? And the team?
Old Feb 20th, 2012, 02:47 PM   #12
country flag Juarito

Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of

Nota de Juani Ceballos a Paola en Monterrey: http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/blog...ballos&cc=7586

Parece que no cayó nada bien en el equipo de Fed Cup el anuncio de que Paola y Gisela intentarán estar en Londres.

Creo que de algún modo tienen razón porque mientras ellas estaban transpirando la camiseta y defendiendo los colores en Curitiba, Gisela, que había renunciado a jugar la zona americana, estaba en Buenos Aires anunciando que iba a jugar dobles con Paola.

Capacitadas o no, le gustaran a Gisela como compañeras o no, tuvieran el ranking necesario o no, merecían como mínimo una consulta. Creo que ni Bettina Fulco fue consultada al respecto y eso habla de una clara intención de ignorar al equipo. Seguramente si le preguntan va a decir que no le cayó nada bien la noticia porque se pasó por arriba a todo un grupo de jugadoras que quizás soñaban con jugar un Juego Olímpico y ser elegidas por Dulko como compañeras.

No me extrañaría que para el repechaje de abril no sean tenidas en cuenta.
Juarito is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2012, 05:50 PM   #13
country flag lucho_coria

lucho_coria has much to be proud of lucho_coria has much to be proud of lucho_coria has much to be proud of lucho_coria has much to be proud of lucho_coria has much to be proud of lucho_coria has much to be proud of lucho_coria has much to be proud of lucho_coria has much to be proud of lucho_coria has much to be proud of lucho_coria has much to be proud of lucho_coria has much to be proud of

Hay un poco de todo, la verdad que si me preguntaban a mi hace dos meses pensaba que la pareja de Gisela iba a ser Maria. Y con respecto a la fed cup, el tema es que van a tener que salir dos jugadoras que seguramente serán Maria y Mailen, que siempre le han dicho que si a la fed. Pero bueno, si queremos avanzar tienen que jugar ellas nos guste o no, sino volveremos a la zona americana. De todas maneras tampoco se puede cuestionar la presencia de Paola, ganadora de 8 Grand slams, esta demasiado por arriba de las otras chicas que tenían la intención de jugar.

Paula Ormaechea - Flor Molinero - Pitu Salerni - Paola Suarez - Betina Jozami - Erica Krauth - Rossana De Los Rios - Verónica Spiegel - Ana Clara Duarte - Gisela Dulko
lucho_coria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2012, 07:05 PM   #14
country flag Eugenia

Eugenia has a brilliant future Eugenia has a brilliant future Eugenia has a brilliant future Eugenia has a brilliant future Eugenia has a brilliant future Eugenia has a brilliant future Eugenia has a brilliant future Eugenia has a brilliant future Eugenia has a brilliant future Eugenia has a brilliant future Eugenia has a brilliant future

Umm, o sea que los comentarios "mala onda" de Bonadeo con respecto al tema en la transmición de la Fed Cup eran los mismos que los de algunas de las chicas argentinas?
Me parece que falta un poco de humildad, hay algunas de las jugadoras argentinas que jamás pisaron el césped como profesionales, que no jugaron Main Draw de Grand Slam... o sea, no están poniendo a Paola por sobre una top cincuenta en dobles o con años de partidos WTA. Todo bien con el sueño olímpico, pero acá las banco a Gise y a Pao. Y de última se sabía que Gise era la fija, así que ella estaba en su derecho de elegir compañera, o no? Que feo que pasen estas cosas, después se quiere un grupo unido y que todas tiren para el mismo lado...
¤WTA #1 Doubles Player / 2011 AO Doubles Champion¤

Paola Suárez ♥ María Emilia Salerni ♥ Clarisa Fernandez ♥ Paula Ormaechea ♥ Betina Jozami
Justine Henin ♥ Elena Dementieva ♥ Flavia Pennetta ♥ Daniela Hantuchova
Maria Sharapova ♥ Maria Kirilenko ♥ Nicole Vaidisova ♥ Dominika Cibulkova ♥ Ashley Harkleroad
Eugenia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2012, 04:09 PM   #15
country flag dulkogii

The ITF qualification system says:
A player is eligible to compete in the Olympic Tennis Event provided they are in good standing with their National Association and the ITF, and have made themselves available for selection to represent their country in Davis Cup or Fed Cup for two of the following years - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 - provided one of those years is 2011 or 2012.

Does Paola fulfill this criteria?