Julia's 2014 - April - Charleston & Fed Cup - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 9th, 2014, 09:51 AM   #1
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute
Julia's 2014 - April - Charleston & Fed Cup

Family Circle Cup
Charleston, USA

31 March - 06 April
Time Zone UTC -4

Har-Tru | Premier | $710,000

R1
1 Point

R1 - Virginie Razzano def. Julia Görges 6-0 5-7 6-2

Fed Cup SF: Australia - Germany
Brisbane, Australia

19 April - 20 April
Time Zone UTC +10

Hard Court | Fed Cup | $0

with Angelique Kerber, Andrea Petkovic and A. Grönefeld

Doubles only

Last edited by KatjaS : Apr 20th, 2014 at 08:32 AM.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 9th, 2014, 09:53 AM   #2
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Julia's 2014 - April & May - Clay Court Season Pt. 1 Schedule Speculation

Given her ranking her clay schedule is from clear cut, everything from Charleston on is pure speculation. This would be pretty much her "all is fine, nothing to worry about" schedule. You're all invited to add your own guesswork.
Old Mar 9th, 2014, 08:07 PM   #3
country flag kadiHH

kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all

Good to have the ITF as an insurance plan in case her performance in Miami follows the usual route of the early exit. Can't wait to get onto that clay....

That trip to Australia is going to be a killer though .
kadiHH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2014, 08:22 PM   #4
country flag KatjaS

Who knows if she'll be nominated for Fed Cup. Given the ranking situation (you can hardly leave a Top 20 player at home), Petko's performance against Slovakia, Annika Beck's recent successes and the need for a suitable doubles team it's really difficult to nominate for Fed Cup. I'd be happy if she were left out, even if it meant Q in Stuttgart, but she is going to see that very differently.
Old Mar 9th, 2014, 08:36 PM   #5
country flag silesia

silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold

Yes, I really want her not to play Fed Cup She will sit on the bench anyway, so it doesn't have sense...
This is really hard time now. Julia dropped to position 92 WTA after IW (R3 last year) Nothing to defend in Miami, but 3R again in Charleston. So playing in Stuttgart would be needed...
I feel more nervous than she....

Katja what about this:
""@WTATennisDE: Dinah Pfizenmaier und Julia Görges stehen auf der Entry List beim 50K Osprey, FL (cut-off 104)""

I don,t know even when this ITF tourney begins.
silesia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2014, 08:42 PM   #6
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by silesia View Post
I don,t know even when this ITF tourney begins.
In the 2nd week of Miami
mk27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2014, 08:54 PM   #7
country flag silesia

silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold

Thanks mk

Aha, so it's Oaks Club, but not in Miami only Osprey (Sarasota).

The question is - what she'll do when she goes in second week in doppio in Miami...
silesia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2014, 09:50 PM   #8
country flag S-T-E-V-E

S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute

So I think her schedule could look like this:
  • Osprey
  • Charleston
  • -
  • Fed Cup ?
  • Stuttgart
  • - (I think she'll take off this week, if she'll play Fed Cup and Stuttgart, she really needs some time off)
  • Madrid (I don't think she'll play the 100k Cagnes-sur-Mer tournament)
  • Rome (I don't think she'll play the 100k Prague tournament)
  • Nürnberg
  • French Open
  • I have a feeling that she might play the 100k tournament in Marseille during the second week of the French Open; 75k is not probable in my opinion
  • I hope for a grass-court warm-up tournament
  • Wimbledon
S-T-E-V-E is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2014, 09:51 PM   #9
country flag S-T-E-V-E

S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute

Oh and I wouldn't mind seeing her playing the 100k tournaments in Cagnes-sur-Mer and Prague instead of Madrid and Rome.
Old Mar 9th, 2014, 11:28 PM   #10
country flag KatjaS

Quote:
Thanks mk

Aha, so it's Oaks Club, but not in Miami only Osprey (Sarasota).
Yes, my fault, of course it's in Osprey.

Quote:
The question is - what she'll do when she goes in second week in doppio in Miami...
Do you even have to ask? Doppio o Doppio

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-T-E-V-E View Post
So I think her schedule could look like this:
  • Osprey
  • Charleston
  • -
  • Fed Cup ?
  • Stuttgart
  • - (I think she'll take off this week, if she'll play Fed Cup and Stuttgart, she really needs some time off)
  • Madrid (I don't think she'll play the 100k Cagnes-sur-Mer tournament)
  • Rome (I don't think she'll play the 100k Prague tournament)
  • Nürnberg
  • French Open
  • I have a feeling that she might play the 100k tournament in Marseille during the second week of the French Open; 75k is not probable in my opinion
  • I hope for a grass-court warm-up tournament
  • Wimbledon
Looks likely. I'm really unsure on what would be the right course of action regarding the ITFs vs. Madrid and Rome. On one hand a single MD win in those tournaments is just worth a (for her) ton of points, on the other hand she'd have to qualify for both of them first and runs the risk of having 2 wasted weeks.
Old Mar 10th, 2014, 08:27 AM   #11
country flag S-T-E-V-E

She withdraw from Osprey.
Old Mar 10th, 2014, 08:29 AM   #12
country flag KatjaS

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-T-E-V-E View Post
She withdraw from Osprey.
Entering ITFs only to withdraw 3 days later seems to be her thing lately.

But from a ranking point of view it didn't make much sense in the first place, the field is very tough and yet she would have had to make the final to get more points than for a single win at an International tournament.
Old Mar 10th, 2014, 03:45 PM   #13
country flag kadiHH

kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all

I just figured that playing a clay ITF before Charleston was in lieu of the usual boring training .
Old Mar 19th, 2014, 01:33 PM   #14
country flag KatjaS

Re: Julia's 2014 - April & May - Clay Court Season Pt. 1

Julia will receive a Wild Card for Stuttgart, not a surprise given that she is a former champion there.
Old Mar 19th, 2014, 02:43 PM   #15
country flag kadiHH

Re: Julia's 2014 - April & May - Clay Court Season Pt. 1

In hindsight, maybe she shouldn't have dropped out of the Osprey ITF. Now she has loads of time to kill before Charleston.