BATTLE; STANFORD vs FLORIDA - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 12th, 2012, 10:49 PM   #91
country flag Ianto_Jones

Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future
Re: BATTLE; STANFORD vs FLORIDA

Li def. Janowicz 6-3 6-4.

Stanford leads 3-0 over #1 Florida.
Advertisement

Old Feb 12th, 2012, 10:58 PM   #92
country flag Ianto_Jones

Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future

Stacy Tan was up 5-0, but Mather has battled back to 5-3.
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 11:01 PM   #93
country flag Ianto_Jones

Stacy Tan def. Mather 7-6 6-3

Stanford leads 4-0.
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 11:02 PM   #94
country flag Ianto_Jones

Oyen has pushed Tsay to a 3rd by winning the second 6-4.
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 11:03 PM   #95
country flag mboyle

mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute

Wow...the Gators got killed. I didn't expect that. Mather played horrendously poor tennis from set point up in the first. Mallory was just too good today, but Embree didn't put up a fight either. Good job Cardinal. Gators...you need to want it next time...
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 11:04 PM   #96
country flag Ianto_Jones

Ahn has forced a third set against Cercone I believe.

7-5 in the second to Ahn.
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 11:08 PM   #97
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Add to THIS Stanford team, next season

Li out, Hardebeck in

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 11:15 PM   #98
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Gibbs lost one pt at the last 2 games in the 2nd set, literally blew Will off the court. Exerted great pressure, even her net approach, not effective in the 1st, was working.
SP was Gibb's serve return winner
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 11:18 PM   #99
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Ahn Beating Cercone 5-1 Stanford
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 11:21 PM   #100
country flag fantic

Will's slice is working, 15-40 at Gibbs' svc game. Streaming is slow now so I'm quitting watching
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 11:39 PM   #101
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Stanford wins 5-2!!!

I was a bit surprise that Ahn came back strong to beat Cercone and that Oyen came back to beat Tsay.

Stacey looked mentally strong coming back to win the first set. I almost thought she was going to pull a Mallory and lose the 2nd set after being up 5-0

I thought Nicole had the momentum on her side after her 2nd set beat down but Will was mixing her shots and Nicole lost her rhythm.

I can't say anything about Mallory today after she blew Embree off the court.

At one point, Stanford had a chance to make it 7-0 until Oyen and Will came back.
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 11:42 PM   #102
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Add to THIS Stanford team, next season

Li out, Hardebeck in

All six players may be ranked in the top 30 next year and probably 4 in the top 20...
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 11:47 PM   #103
country flag urklerlay

urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future

Great job Mal! I'm sure this match helps erase the memories of last May. She was on fire - she hit so many winners today.

One thing I've learned is Tan is such a fighter - never ever count her out.

I only saw some of the Kristie match and part of it was as someone already mentioned, she did not look like she was into the match at all. I came back towards the end of the second set and she was really playing well at that point. Definitely doesn't seem as quick as before tho. Of course maybe she doesn't need to be at No. 4. I forgot how demonstrative she is on court - much like Barte was. In fact Barte was there in attendance along the other Burdette sister (forget her name right now).

Twitter
2013 US OPEN
Flickr
urklerlay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 11:52 PM   #104
country flag fantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
All six players may be ranked in the top 30 next year and probably 4 in the top 20...
So. Do you guys still want Min?
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 11:55 PM   #105
country flag fantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by urklerlay View Post
Great job Mal! I'm sure this match helps erase the memories of last May. She was on fire - she hit so many winners today.

One thing I've learned is Tan is such a fighter - never ever count her out.

I only saw some of the Kristie match and part of it was as someone already mentioned, she did not look like she was into the match at all. I came back towards the end of the second set and she was really playing well at that point. Definitely doesn't seem as quick as before tho. Of course maybe she doesn't need to be at No. 4. I forgot how demonstrative she is on court - much like Barte was. In fact Barte was there in attendance along the other Burdette sister (forget her name right now).
Thx for the info. Isn't Barte playing pro tennis any more?
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles