Asian Swing - 2014 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 7th, 2014, 01:54 PM   #1
country flag Hantuchov
Team WTAworld

Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Asian Swing - 2014

Daniela starts the Asian Swing in Hong Kong. She's the 2nd seed after the withdrawals from Shuai Peng and Shuai Zhang.

Her draw is quite OK and her first round opponent is the local player Ling Zhang, #230 in the rankings who only got in thanks to a WC. In R2, she faces the winner from Van Uytvanck and Piter and she also has the 8th seed and fellow countrywoman Schmiedlova in the same section.

Good luck, Daniela !!!!!!
Hantuchov is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 7th, 2014, 02:34 PM   #2
country flag Daniela-Is-Mine
Welcome to the Tragic Kingdom

Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Asian Swing - 2014

Woo!
Like the draw. Any idea on stream? And pace of court?

Will post a few updates from us open later.

Agnieska, Magdalena, Kate
Jelena, Anna, Stefanie, Andrea H, Angelique, Klara
Retired: Justine, ElenaD, Camille, Ai, Zuzana, Martina, Agnes, Alona, Kim, Marion, Iveta
Daniela-Is-Mine is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2014, 03:08 PM   #3
country flag Ollie.

Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute

Surely Dani can do well here!

Rybarikova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Kleybanova _ Flipkens _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Goerges _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele _ Laine
Ollie. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2014, 07:31 PM   #4
Richie's

Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute

It is a title to take. The courts are a total blue ones and not the quickets on the world! It should fit her well (only if she decides to play tennis again).
Richie's is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2014, 10:42 AM   #5
country flag eddyhanty

eddyhanty is a name known to all eddyhanty is a name known to all eddyhanty is a name known to all eddyhanty is a name known to all eddyhanty is a name known to all eddyhanty is a name known to all eddyhanty is a name known to all eddyhanty is a name known to all eddyhanty is a name known to all eddyhanty is a name known to all eddyhanty is a name known to all

It seems Daniela is the only first round match not to play on the first two days. She is not down to play on Tuesday. So if she wants the title will have to win 5 matches in 5 days..
eddyhanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2014, 04:48 PM   #6
country flag monmonito

monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all

why scheduling a R1 in the middle of the week?

{Dominika Cibulkova}{Kim Clijsters}{Petra Kvitova}
{Magdalena Rybarikova}{Maria Sharapova}
monmonito is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2014, 05:33 AM   #7

Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute

Playing quite well so far!

Retired: Justine, ElenaD, Camille, Ai, Zuzana, Martina, Agnes, Alona, Kim, Marion, Iveta
Old Sep 10th, 2014, 06:44 AM   #8
country flag Hantuchov
Team WTAworld

Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute

6-1 6-4

Good start in the 1st but shaky at the beginning of the 2nd (had to save a BP to avoid going 0-4 down ). Played well with the 1st serve, had some amazing drop shots, but very poor BP conversion and too many DFs. Should've been easier, especially because she was playing the weakest player in the draw.

Hopefully she'll be more consistent and more focused against Van Uytvanck.

Keep it going, Daniela !!
Old Sep 10th, 2014, 04:52 PM   #9
country flag monmonito

monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all

I watch the game with Dani leading 2-1 in the first set and she was on fie with some good winners with her forehand and dropshots
---
The 2nd set, I'm expecting that the opponent will race her level and so she does and Dani was broken first time. after the 3rd game (she was down 0-3) Dani went to a restroom break for almost 7 mins and after that she face another breakpoint but held it to level it to 4-4 then she finished it
---
it should have been more easier but you know Dani, shen needs to make her fans and before she finish the game
---
glad it was just 2 sets
---
sjhe made some aces but lots of DF, but when her first serve is on it she always controls the game
---
Hopefully she race her level in the next round since it will be a tougher opponent
---
hoping for another good run in Asian tournaments

Old Sep 10th, 2014, 07:58 PM   #10

Agree with above. Though I fell asleep at 4-4 and can't speak for that.
First set Daniela was just better at everything. Ling hit too short and Daniela was all over it. Second set there was a dip in intensity. Long raised her game. But even complacent Daniela brought I think every game to deuce up ti 4-0. After bathroom break she easily finished. Wish she didn't reach so much for that first serve. But not a bad serving day over all. Could lower DFs as well

Old Sep 11th, 2014, 12:14 PM   #11

Wouldn't say the tennis is good, but she's ahead 4-3. Won three games in a row. Alison has a very awkward game to watch.

Old Sep 11th, 2014, 02:08 PM   #12
country flag Nalby fan

Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold

Messed it up,as per usual.
Nalby fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2014, 04:54 PM   #13
country flag monmonito

worst year for Dani since 2009...I was hoping she can win a tournament every year but no tournaments left which I think she can win
----
:?: when will she win 2 straight rounds???

Old Sep 13th, 2014, 11:56 AM   #14
country flag Hantuchov
Team WTAworld

Very disappointing performance
I really didn't want to expect too much from her, but I was hopeful she could still surprise me somehow and get a few wins in the tournament.

Oh well... next stop is Tokyo and the draw is already out!

She faces a qualifier in the first round and if she gets through she faces the 2nd seed and US Open finalist Wozniacki in R2. There are some dangerous players who may come from the qualies, like Townsend, Erakovic and Gajdosova. We'll see...

The doubles draw is not out yet, but I think she might play it, too.

Good luck, Daniela !! Please find your best tennis in Tokyo, the only place in the world where you were able to beat Sharapova!
Old Sep 14th, 2014, 04:43 AM   #15

ok. i got over that loss
on to tokyo. win a round!!